WSJ: Nintendo to Launch Two New Switch Models. Premium "Enhanced" Model and Cheaper Portable Model.

On 2019-03-25 at 3:04 AM, Pureis said:

Switch is barely 2 years old. Would make more sense to release the portable Switch first and the enhanced version after PS5/XB2 release to get a more substantial boost.

Imo this gets all type of gamers in at once. And is brilliant. Little early for enhanced tho. Stagger that. 

It makes no sense to get an enhanced now. Then a cheap handheld only any years later.

An enhanced switch won't compete with a ps5 or Xb2 anyhow though ... 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder how it will be enhanced.   Why does the article even make the comparison to PS4pro and XBX in the first place?  It implies that it may be hardware that could exceed base PS4.  

Exclusives that can score higher than a 6.

Speaking of docks, does anyone have a recommendation for a 3rd party version? My standard works fine, but I’d like more than one dock. 

5 hours ago, jehurey said:

If they value the dock at $60-$80 retail price, that puts it down to $220, already., no rumble, no individual batteries for the joycons, no individual circuit board because everything would just be on one mainboard, smaller battery.

I can see this dropping below $200, and possibly down to $180.

Oh god is no rumble confirmed??

Terrible idea..