Mortal Kombat 11 Early Analysis Online Beta(No Switch)

5 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

• Xbox One X: 3840x2160 (possibly better textures, may be resolution related)
  • PS4 Pro: 1440p - 1620p dynamic scaling
  • PlayStation 4: 1080p
  • Xbox One: 900p - 1080p dynamic scaling
  • Cutscenes at 30 FPS
  • All versions appear to maintain their performance at 60 FPS perfectly

I'm still saying 30 FPS on Switch with a dynamic scaler that goes sub 720p. 

Turns out X is also dynamic 

• dynamic res on both consoles, PS4P lowest = 1260p, highest 1800p, XB1X lowest = 1620p, highest 2160p

@DynamiteCop! the developer of Cuphead talks about his playtime with MK11 on Switch in portable mode.

"I'll try my best to describe the Switch version, but keep in mind, I only got to play it for 2 rounds, Scorpion vs Sub Zero. 

First off, it looked waaaaaaay better than I thought it would. I expected them to use the mobile models, but they are more like less detailed versions of the PS4 models. The lighting appears to be the most pared back (though that could have just been the stage I was on, as each stage has variable lighting). The characters looked overall "brighter", with less complex shading, but not cartoony like the mobile characters. I was playing in portable mode and the characters kind of 'glimmered', which made me wonder if they were using a kind of smaa antialiasing solution. 

The animations were on point and the fight ran really smooth (probably 60fps from my brief time with it). 

The biggest cut back to me was during the crushing blow interstitials- the lighting and detail appeared reduced by a lot compared to the PS4 version. I would imagine the fatalities and fatal blows would have this reduction as well. 

All that said, it looks way better than I expected and appeared to run very smoothly, which is what matters most."

He goes on to say. 

devs have been getting really good at optimizing for Switch. Hellblade was showing docked right next to it and looked amazingly good for a switch game.

DynamiteCop was so sure it was going to be 30fps though.."it's only logical and the only possible outcome" :dame:

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Goukosan said:

phones peak performance are higher than Switch but there actual sustained performance is lower because phones throttle like crazy to maintain battery life and reduce the possibility of over heating. 

A docked Switch doesn't have those issues to deal with. 

Bullshit. :fatcruise:

5 hours ago, lostfool said:

Neckbeards don't leave the house so they don't have a portable gaming system.  The clunker system versions are for neckbeards like yourself

Sounds like a neckbeard response. :fatcruise:

14 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

@DynamiteCop! the developer of Cuphead talks about his playtime with MK11 on Switch in portable mode.

"I'll try my best to describe the Switch version, but keep in mind, I only got to play it for 2 rounds, Scorpion vs Sub Zero. 

First off, it looked waaaaaaay better than I thought it would. I expected them to use the mobile models, but they are more like less detailed versions of the PS4 models. The lighting appears to be the most pared back (though that could have just been the stage I was on, as each stage has variable lighting). The characters looked overall "brighter", with less complex shading, but not cartoony like the mobile characters. I was playing in portable mode and the characters kind of 'glimmered', which made me wonder if they were using a kind of smaa antialiasing solution. 

The animations were on point and the fight ran really smooth (probably 60fps from my brief time with it). 

The biggest cut back to me was during the crushing blow interstitials- the lighting and detail appeared reduced by a lot compared to the PS4 version. I would imagine the fatalities and fatal blows would have this reduction as well. 

All that said, it looks way better than I expected and appeared to run very smoothly, which is what matters most."

He goes on to say. 

devs have been getting really good at optimizing for Switch. Hellblade was showing docked right next to it and looked amazingly good for a switch game.

DynamiteCop was so sure it was going to be 30fps though.."it's only logical and the only possible outcome" :dame:

I'm going to laugh my ass off if it's 30 FPS with a superb motion blur implementation :hest:

lmao from a cuphead dev on top of it, insult to injury

MS, you better get our definitive Edition of Hellblade looking nice and crisp on the Switch. Divert what little resources you have left in the FauXsclusives budget funds to ensure our game is up to snuff. Maybe skim a few bucks off of the lemmings's XBL fees to give us quality content at their expense. :glad: 

14 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm going to laugh my ass off if it's 30 FPS with a superb motion blur implementation :hest:

all hands on saying it's 60, devs who showed it says its 60....other developers who played it said if felt like 60 and was fast and responsive. 

DynamiteCop - it's 30fps :grimaceleft:

43 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

lmao from a cuphead dev on top of it, insult to injury

MS, you better get our definitive Edition of Hellblade looking nice and crisp on the Switch. Divert what little resources you have left in the FauXsclusives budget funds to ensure our game is up to snuff. Maybe skim a few bucks off of the lemmings's XBL fees to give us quality content at their expense. :glad: 

On 2019-03-28 at 11:28 PM, DynamiteCop! said:

According to Boon in an interview with Game Informer, the Switch version of Mortal Kombat 11 is going to run at 60fps. 

As a surprise to no one... your ass is wrong again :tom:

If you listen to this week's bombcast, Jeff Gerstmann was at a press event, and he saw the game running on Switch handheld. He did not play it, he just observed it being played, and he said that it appeared that it was 60fps during the battle.

And he also said that it looks like the only noticeable downgrade he saw was to character detail, and that it moved and animated just as well as the other versions. He seemed okay with it, and he's the type that would definitely complain about MK not playing well if that were the case.