Digital Foundry: Death Stranding Trailer Analysis: The Decima Engine Evolved?

I don't think anybody here has been thinking about what Guerilla could be doing with a Horizon sequel and just the amount of improvements they will be working on.

I genuinely thought they could churn out a sequel by late 2019, but if they were already aiming for PS5, then its only getting better.

They are going to tech demo the shit out of that game.

41 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I don't think anybody here has been thinking about what Guerilla could be doing with a Horizon sequel and just the amount of improvements they will be working on.

I genuinely thought they could churn out a sequel by late 2019, but if they were already aiming for PS5, then its only getting better.

They are going to tech demo the shit out of that game.

it would be the perfect showcase title.

58 minutes ago, -GD- said:

it would be the perfect showcase title.

I'm calling it right now: Destructible foliage with every blade of grass, every broken tree branch and brush, and keeps it in memory for a while.

The robots will be able to track you that way, and vice versa.

Edited by jehurey
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I'm calling it right now: Destructible foliage with every blade of grass, every broken tree branch and brush, and keeps it in memory for a while.

The robots will be able to track you that way, and vice versa.

that would be badass!

45 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Horizon 2 is definitely a PS5 game to get the ball rolling. Decima is easily one of the most impressive engines this generation. 

Their next gen game is going to be so visually striking that I don't even know what the fuck to expect :D 

They will definitely be one of the first to really show what next gen is capable of.  

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Their next gen game is going to be so visually striking that I don't even know what the fuck to expect :D 

They will definitely be one of the first to really show what next gen is capable of.  

Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a dud like their next gen Killzone vision. :scust: I think Guerrilla Games cares too much about that IP to let it go that route, though.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a dud like their next gen Killzone vision. :scust: I think Guerrilla Games cares too much about that IP to let it go that route, though.

I agree.  I think they'll take another crack at Killzone... but I think their next game will be Horizon 2.  

It would be nice to see them move on.. but I think you're right and that they are attached to the IP too much to let it go.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I agree.  I think they'll take another crack at Killzone... but I think their next game will be Horizon 2.  

It would be nice to see them move on.. but I think you're right and that they are attached to the IP too much to let it go.

Sony needs an FPS, it's a big hole in their market. They also need some kind of arcade game ala Forza Horizon 4. 

Oh and competent multiplayer in some game that people actually want to play. Everyone acts like they're perfect but they have just as many holes as Microsoft in their game design. 

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Sony needs an FPS, it's a big hole in their market. They also need some kind of arcade game ala Forza Horizon 4. 

Oh and competent multiplayer in some game that people actually want to play. Everyone acts like they're perfect but they have just as many holes as Microsoft in their game design. 

If GG stuck with their Killzone 2/3 visions, but had Sony put money into it, it could be a bigger franchise. Killzone not only fulfilled the FPS void it also had one of the best multiplayers last generation.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

It was heavy, but it wasn't trash. Killzone 2 multiplayer was legit as fuck.

shut up linus, it was trash and WEAK compared to the other big dog fps mp

You play that after halo, cod, bf, etc and you would just have to laugh at how trash it was.

4 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

shut up linus, it was trash and WEAK compared to the other big dog fps mp

You play that after halo, cod, bf, etc and you would just have to laugh at how trash it was.

After playing Destiny I don't think I could go back to it. After playing Destiny it's hard to play any other shooter really... Bungie nailed the controls.

Just now, lynux3 said:

After playing Destiny I don't think I could go back to it. After playing Destiny it's hard to play any other shooter really... Bungie nailed the controls.

Destiny controls on console are good outside of the slow motion that happens when you run and turn. KZ is the worst controls, and feel ever in a FPS tho. Garbage.

Just now, JONBpc said:

Destiny controls on console are good outside of the slow motion that happens when you run and turn. KZ is the worst controls, and feel ever in a FPS tho. Garbage.

Killzone 2 was your GOTG. :facep: 

Just now, lynux3 said:

Killzone 2 was your GOTG. :facep: 

Whatever KZ game had that flying part with the hang glider thing made me throw up and I vowed to never support a GG game after that , EVER.