Nier Automata passes 4 million units sold

https://www.platinumgames.com/official-blog/article/10157

Hello, everyone! PlatinumGames game designer Isao Negishi here. I was in charge of designing levels and RPG elements for NieR:Automata! It’s my privilege today to announce that NieR:Automata, which we developed along with Square Enix under the direction of YOKO TARO, has now sold over four million physical and digital copies worldwide!

First of all, sincere thanks are in order for everyone who’s played and supported NieR:Automata up until now. We couldn’t have reached this milestone without you!

I also must congratulate our collaborators over at Square Enix, producer Yosuke Saito, YOKO, character designer Akihiko Yoshida, composer Keiichi Okabe and all the other talented creators who helped make NieR:Automata a reality. Four million sales is a tremendous accomplishment!

To be perfectly honest, I don’t really have a good sense of just how massive that number is! But then I look at the reaction we get on places like Twitter and YouTube, and I realize there are four million people out there playing and loving our work. It’s a truly humbling realization.

But enough from me! Now I’d like to share some comments and illustrations some of my coworkers at PlatinumGames made to commemorate the occasion.

Absolutely insane to think how they rebounded from the commercial failure of the first game :bow: 

The risk paid off.  Nier is a certified banger and we'll definitely be seeing more in the future.

• Remij changed the title to Nier Automata passes 4 million units sold

Team Nier always wins.

But the game needs to be played to the third ending. First is 2B, second playthrough is 9S and third playthrough has you play as a third character. Won't spoil it.

Third playthrough has new levels and new bosses.

Edited by Team 2019
2 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Team Nier always wins.

But the game needs to be played to the third ending. First is 2B, second playthrough is 9S and third playthrough has you play as a third character. Won't spoil it.

Third playthrough has new levels and new bosses.

nah man i don't have time for that shit maybe in 10 years