$999 for a monitor stand

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a Dell Ultrasharp U2410 thats about 10 years old.   I saw the Apple webpage talk about its color processing engine being 10-Bit and being able to produce over a billion colors.  

Unfortunately.... this was announced at a consumer event..... not a wholesale retailer event.    This was announced as a consumer product 

Just now, ghostz said:

The new $6,000 Mac Pro, $5,000 Pro Display XDR, and $1,000 Pro Stand aren’t really meant for normal people or even a talented home artist. They are intended for super high-end design firms and animation studios with massive equipment budgets to throw around.

They only are because they are artificially inflating costs, the point is a Lamborghini is worth what it costs, this shit is not. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

You don't want this prestigious apple product?  What are you some low life peasant? :tophat2:

I do not want nor need a computer, so no, I don’t want this. 

Are you ready to show me how ARCore handled occlusion 2 years ago?

Edited by ghostz
2 minutes ago, ghostz said:

The new $6,000 Mac Pro, $5,000 Pro Display XDR, and $1,000 Pro Stand aren’t really meant for normal people or even a talented home artist. They are intended for super high-end design firms and animation studios with massive equipment budgets to throw around.

Unfortunately.... this was announced at a consumer event..... not a wholesale retailer event. 

This was announced as a consumer product 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Unfortunately.... this was announced at a consumer event..... not a wholesale retailer event. 

Not to mention that it doesn't change the fact that the hardware you're getting is garbage for the price :smilecry: 

Bu but it's for professionals :tom: 

21 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

WWDC is a developers conference you moron, it is literally is the title. 

Edited by ghostz
20 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Not to mention that it doesn't change the fact that the hardware you're getting is garbage for the price :smilecry: 

Bu but it's for professionals :tom: 

Y’all are some special ones. 

The Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC, also known as Dub Dub)is a conference held annually by Apple Inc. in San Jose, California. Apple uses the event to showcase its new software and technologies for software developers. Attendees can participate in hands-on labs with Apple engineers and attend in-depth sessions covering a wide variety of topics. 

3 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Y’all are some special ones. 

The Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC, also known as Dub Dub)is a conference held annually by Apple Inc. in San Jose, California. Apple uses the event to showcase its new software and technologies for software developers. Attendees can participate in hands-on labs with Apple engineers and attend in-depth sessions covering a wide variety of topics. 

What the fuck does that have to do with what I said?  Regardless of whether your targeting the rich.. developers.. or consumers, the hardware you're getting isn't worth that.... which is what we're ACTUALLY laughing at..

You trying to "justify" the price because they are simply targeting people who CAN pay those prices it laughable :tom: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

What the fuck does that have to do with what I said?  Regardless of whether your targeting the rich or not, the hardware you're getting isn't worth that.... which is what we're ACTUALLY laughing at..

No, you just said it was a consumer event and that the product isn’t aimed for professionals. Which it is. 

Take the L and move along. @Goukosan already ghostzed the thread, now do the same. 

Speaking of @Goukosan, he’s in quite the roll today. Claimed ARCore for Android was out in 2017, and not only that, it supported occlusion back then. It still doesn’t today. 

Couple that with thinking WWDC is a consumer event.. and eek. :holeup:

@jehurey @Remij hope you two learned a valuable lesson today. Gouk is clearly not to be sided with. 

Edited by ghostz
2 minutes ago, ghostz said:

No, you just said it was a consumer event and that the product isn’t aimed for professionals. Which it is. 

Take the L and move along. @Goukosan already ghostzed the thread, now do the same. 

I never said the product wasn't aimed for professionals... It's aimed at anyone that will buy it.  And I already completely demolished this shitty attempt at deflecting by telling you it doesn't matter who they are targeting.

LMFAO defending a $1000 stand because you think it's a "professional" stand... you fucking goofy clown :smilecry: 

7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I never said the product wasn't aimed for professionals... It's aimed at anyone that will buy it.  And I already completely demolished this shitty attempt at deflecting by telling you it doesn't matter who they are targeting.

LMFAO defending a $1000 stand because you think it's a "professional" stand... you fucking goofy clown :smilecry: 

After you claimed it was a consumer conference. LOL

Just now, ghostz said:

After you claimed it was a consumer conference. LOL

I stated in that same post that it doesn't matter what it was.  You're defending a $1000 stand... the jokes on you :smilecry: 

15 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I stated in that same post that it doesn't matter what it was.  You're defending a $1000 stand... the jokes on you :smilecry: 

No, you didn’t. You said, “not to mention”, which means...additionally. Not only was it a consumer show, it was garbage tech. 

That is what you said. Idiot. 

15 minutes ago, ghostz said:

No, you didn’t. You said, “not to mention”, which means...additionally. Not only was it a consumer show, it was garbage tech. 

That is what you said. Idiot. 

Not to mention ... that it doesn't matter... because you're getting garbage tech for the price... :lemming: 

I then SPECIFICALLY laugh at you for mentioning that it's about being targeted at professionals.

You really are fucking clueless, aren't you? :drake: 

14 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Also, if you think $1,000 is expensive for higher end furniture...:holeup:

there are much higher costing and less quality stands. 

:cosby2: 

You're a god damn fucking moron.  Go back to whatever it was you were doing before you decided to come back here and defend a $1000 stand for a $5000 monitor that doesn't come with one...  Fucking clown :smilecry: 

59 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Speaking of @Goukosan, he’s in quite the roll today. Claimed ARCore for Android was out in 2017, and not only that, it supported occlusion back then. It still doesn’t today. 

Couple that with thinking WWDC is a consumer event.. and eek. :holeup:

@jehurey @Remij hope you two learned a valuable lesson today. Gouk is clearly not to be sided with. 

I actually got your butthurt spilling into another thread:tom:This is great.

• Remij locked this topic