NPD hardware results - May 2019. Xbox lowest in 5 years.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can talk about end of console cycle and all that but with the services and offers MS has been doing they certainly would have hoped to see some uptick in performance. This is absolutely nothing li

Exactly.... Nex gen is 16 months away and Xbox1 is already doing 86k.... it's going to get even worse....waaaaaay worse between now and Holiday 2020.   It's ironic that the fate DynamiteCop

YoY dawg!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

If Sony release at $499, MS should just go for the throat and release at $399 and take the loss.  That's the only way that they could essentially stun people and hope to turn some of them.

Honestly MS is just better of negotiating good terms with Nintendo and Sony of how they can implement their services with them than going head to head. What's the point of taking insane loses to steal a small pie from Sony. Not in the immediate future, but down the line Switch can be their handheld and PS can be their console. The console battle is fairly pointless at this point for them.

Keep the core, makes that 3 billion of Live that the XBox crowd pays and call it a day. I mean Sony admitted defeat in the handheld market, Nintendo in the console market. MS has a much better exit strategy than the other two actually.

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Their big "hope" the X is cheaper than the Pro and ain't selling. S costs as much as a used Chinese phone with like 3 games.

If I was MS I'd throw in the towel as well.

Yeah throw in the towel like Nintendo did?

Sony is down near identical double digit percentages and you're still saying this dumb shit. 

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Honestly MS is just better of negotiating good terms with Nintendo and Sony of how they can implement their services with them than going head to head. What's the point of taking insane loses to steal a small pie from Sony. Not in the immediate future, but down the line Switch can be their handheld and PS can be their console. The console battle is fairly pointless at this point for them.

Keep the core, makes that 3 billion of Live that the XBox crowd pays and call it a day. I mean Sony admitted defeat in the handheld market, Nintendo in the console market. MS has a much better exit strategy than the other two actually.

Nah... they've got services and they have to have their own console platform out there to support it.  At the end of the day... Phil's right when he says it's not about the number of consoles sold.   I mean, obviously selling consoles is important.. but console sales will only tell part of the story.  There's gonna be PC and Streaming as well.. so as long as they can start hitting the goals they set for themselves, then the console number doesn't really matter as much on it's own.

Obviously they'd want the console numbers to be high and announce those numbers so that it builds up more hype and interest in the console so they can sell more.. but they don't have to "win" sales every month for them to be successful.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Sony is down near identical double digit percentages and you're still saying this dumb shit. 

Except Sony isn't lowering their prices to bargain bin level. MS is.

The US market is the XBox market, if it's this bad in the US. It's over for MS. Sony sells most of its consoles in Europe, not even the US.

Just now, Team 2019 said:

The US market is the XBox market, if it's this bad in the US. It's over for MS. Sony sells most of its consoles in Europe, not even the US.

:snoop:

5 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

And Sony's still got big games coming for it.  

The system is simply more valuable at this point.  Straight up.. Sony could still have 3 of the biggest releases EVER for their console (as in sales numbers) yet to release.  Those games will all drive sales hard.

Death Stranding

FF7

TLOU2

all within a year of each other...  Like are you fucking kidding me?  Death Stranding kicks off the sales hard at the end of this year.. then FF7 comes early next near, then spring/summer TLOU2 drops... then they have the mother fucking PS5 coming. :cosby2: 

Well played Sony.  Well played.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

And Sony's still got big games coming for it.  

The system is simply more valuable at this point.  Straight up.. Sony could still have 3 of the biggest releases for their console (as in sales numbers) yet to release.  Those games will all drive sales hard.

Death Stranding

FF7

TLOU2

all within a year of each other...  Like are you fucking kidding me.  Death Stranding kicks off the sales hard at the end of this year.. then FF7 comes early next near, then spring/summer TLOU2 drops... then they have the mother fucking PS5 coming. :cosby2: 

Well played Sony.  Well played.

I agree but the price you sell hardware also matters. If MS has these sales with a 300 S and a 500 X, it would make a world of difference. Sony not needing to lower hardware prices is a huge reason why the console business is a lot more appealing to Sony than MS. I can only imagine the tears in the XBox division when they launched the X for 400 with Anthemn, money down the drain.

17 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

PS4 is forecasted to sell over 16 million this year... and still has big exclusives for 2020.

Xbox1 wishes it. could sell 16 million in a year :rofls:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

PS4 is forecasted to sell over 16 million this year... and still has big exclusives for 2020.

Xbox1 wishes it. could sell 16 million in a year :rofls:

Yet it and Xbox are both down 33% and 34% respectively, they've scaled the downward curve in near perfect unison. 

Yet it and Xbox are both down 33% and 34% respectively, they've scaled the downward curve in near perfect unison. 

Price context matters. Are we expecting say both Scarlett and PS5 to launch at 500 and then MS to have an emergency 100 price cut to not decline at a much faster rate?

Math really isn't your strong point.  Which System sold more between PS4 and Xbox last month? :leo:

17 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

LOL Microsoft has had TWO new hardware launches since November 2017.

Sony has had none.

That's like saying that the tread on your tires is just as thin as the tread on my tires........except I bought my tires more than a year before yours.  Did you expect us to NOT NOTICE that simple fact?

And if its hitting 86K now, its going to trend downward faster than PS4. There's new games coming for PS4.

This isn't going to be a new Forza game sitting on store shelves this October/November, holy shit is it going to be bad for Microsoft.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL Microsoft has had TWO new hardware launches since November 2017.

Sony has had none.

That's like saying that the tread on your tires is just as thin as the tread on my tires........except I bought my tires more than a year before yours.  Did you expect us to NOT NOTICE that simple fact?

And if its hitting 86K now, its going to trend downward faster than PS4. There's new games coming for PS4.

This isn't going to be a new Forza game sitting on store shelves this October/November, holy shit is it going to be bad for Microsoft.

It sold 77k in May 2014, you're a moron.