Zoe Quinn accuses dev of assault , dev kills himself

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Make the internet free for all American citizens, and in exchange for that free communication infrastructure, there has to be a mandatory identification system that shows your real name in any web service in which you are talking to other people online.

Your name and address on file.

Plain fact of the matter is that visiting a common website where many people congrefate should be considered "being in public"

And when you are in public, you don't get the benefit of anonymity. It should be known who you are.

And that will greatly diminish bad online behavior from many groups. The racists, the trolls.  We'll easily be able to find out who is an American posting a comment and who is a Russian bot or anybody from outside the country. That also means #MeToo can still exist because the people who are making those comments are already putting their real life names to their statements.

Your employer will see everything you type......so will your family and friends. And if you don't like it, then shut your fucking mouth online. You don't get the right to anonymity in public. You just don't.

I wish Blizzard had the balls to stick with their Real ID system a few years ago. Fuck those people, they don't deserve to be anonymous. They don't like it, they can fuck off.

Wow...just wow... 

this is a real post...LMFAO :D 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This newer generation lives on it, and through it.   Where as I think those of us who were around in the early 2000's used the internet to fuck around, enjoyed the laughs, then logged-off an

Don't know the full story but people really need to start understanding the extent of the impact that this current internet mob has. I actually have no doubts this person was toxic and possibly abusiv

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JONBpc said:

See the source imagenobody is raping this girl. Her legs don't change size from her kneews to her fft

Loving the big meaty tree trunk calves :love: Absolute queen!

A diet of 99% fatty creams and fatty meats will do it. That's what I eat. Big fat cow blue cheese + 14% coffee Creamer + Bison fat, all in the blender on high. Repeat 6 times a day. You'll get those meaty ankle hitters in no time.

#Warren2020

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Make the internet free for all American citizens, and in exchange for that free communication infrastructure, there has to be a mandatory identification system that shows your real name in any web service in which you are talking to other people online.

Plain fact of the matter is that visiting a common website where many people congrefate should be considered "being in public"

And when you are in public, you don't get the benefit of anonymity. It should be known who you are.

And that will greatly diminish bad online behavior from many groups. The racists, the trolls.  We'll easily be able to find out who is an American posting a comment and who is a Russian bot or anybody from outside the country. That also means #MeToo can still exist because the people who are making those comments are already putting their real life names to their statements.

Your employer will see everything you type......so will your family and friends. And if you don't like it, then shut your fucking mouth online. You don't get the right to anonymity in public. You just don't.

I wish Blizzard had the balls to stick with their Real ID system a few years ago. Fuck those people, they don't deserve to be anonymous. They don't like it, they can fuck off.

3 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Wow...just wow... 

this is a real post...LMFAO :D 

LOL, your the right-winger who demands that the government takeover social media website to allow racists to post content from there.

No wonder you want to hide behind anonymity. People like you are too cowardly to say what you want to say in public.

24 minutes ago, jehurey said:

This is some China level shit :D 

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

This is some China level shit :D 

No it isn't.

Can you explain why you think you're entitled to anonymity on the internet?

If you make a racist tirade in the middle of a McDonalds.........what happens?

Just now, jehurey said:

No it isn't.

Can you explain why you think you're entitled to anonymity on the internet?

If you make a racist tirade in the middle of a McDonalds.........what happens?

Yea it is.

Because I pay for it.  I deserve a level of anonymity on a service I pay for, whereas I'm not physically present in my interactions.  People online can hack my PC and post as me.  In a McDonalds I am myself and it is known.

Your idea would be an absolute nightmare and a field day for people who want to make your life hell.  Hackers and malicious technically minded people could skirt the idea and torture people.

Not only that.. it's a fucking stupid idea.  The world needs a place where people can trade information anonymously.  

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea it is.

Because I pay for it.  I deserve a level of anonymity on a service I pay for, whereas I'm not physically present in my interactions.  People online can hack my PC and post as me.  In a McDonalds I am myself and it is known.

Your idea would be an absolute nightmare and a field day for people who want to make your life hell.  Hackers and malicious technically minded people could skirt the idea and torture people.

Not only that.. it's a fucking stupid idea.  The world needs a place where people can trade information anonymously.  

I literally address this in the first part

I'll go even further..........if you want to maintain your anonymity, then go into the private market, which will have its own infrastructure costs.

And since there will be less customers (because alot of people will gladly exchange their anonymity for free service because they have nothing to be ashamed about)...........the costs for those fewer customer will make their internet bill skyrocket.

Your fears about "hackers" is largely unfounded.

Let me give you another example.

If you go and make phone calls  by landline, and harass other people over the phone............are you saying you DESERVE anonymity from other people and the government? That nobody should be able to find out your phone number and the name and address its registered to? Is that considered "China-level shit"?

Edited by jehurey
4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I literally address this in the first part

I'll go even further..........if you want to maintain your anonymity, then go into the private market, which will have its own infrastructure costs.

And since there will be less customers (because alot of people will gladly exchange their anonymity for free service because they have nothing to be ashamed about)...........the costs for those fewer customer will make their internet bill skyrocket.

Your fears about "hackers" is largely unfounded.

Let me give you another example.

If you go and make phone calls  by landline, and harass other people over the phone............are you saying you DESERVE anonymity from other people and the government? That nobody should be able to find out your phone number and the name and address its registered to? Is that considered "China-level shit"?

Yea and I denied it.  No... I don't want free internet where my privacy is violated and my anonymity is gone.  That's completely fucking stupid.

I'm not a terrible human being.  As it is saying things online can and will come back to haunt you if you're not careful.  What you're proposing is needlessly removing rights from people in a space where people can already ignore you, delete you, remove you, and otherwise remove themselves from interacting with you.  Again... something you can't do in the physical world.

You say my fears are unfounded... but you remove anonymity from the internet and watch how much hacking skyrockets... I can't believe you're that naive.. or else you're simply clueless.

I'm not saying actions shouldn't have consequences.  I think the government should be able to identify who you are after a certain level of action on your part.  I don't think I should have the right to know personally identifiable information about others.  You for example.  Would you like to be in disagreement with me about politics on the internet and have me know your information and be easily able to find out where you live?

Get fucking real.  

Also not exactly sure that was the main reason for anything happening in this case. The person making the accusation did it without any anonymity. The accused had their name fully revealed. The close cirlces of both groups both were fairly public on twitter and the known gaming journalists all rallied without any anonymity also. If anything he did it because of the inability to face people he knew or saw their reactions, more so than the random online no names. 

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Y'all are exaggerating the level of anonymity yous have online. It's not an issue because the government can already knows who 99% of everyone online is if they really wanted to find out. 

But why don't you harass people by phone?

Because that means that regular people will find out your phone number, and possibly your name almost immediately.

Its a deterrance.

The Blizzard example I gave is perfect to explain the sociology. Blizzard already has your entire CREDIT CARD information, they have your IP address, people can't complain to Blizzard about anonymity, because Blizzard should absolutely know who everyone is and where they live.

People didn't want their name online because they were EMBARRASSED to have their name seen by other people online. That's what pissed them off. Because they would immediately stop the stuff that would shame them.

If you say something racist in public........technically I don't know your name, but we all see your face, and we can follow you to your car, see your license plate and quite possibly know where you live.  Its that knowledge that you CAN be traced, publicly, by anybody that keeps you in check.

10 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

What you're proposing is needlessly removing rights from people in a space where people can already ignore you, delete you, remove you, and otherwise remove themselves from interacting with you.

Then guys shouldn't be complaining about these feminists, and just ignoring them.

That means...........gamergate is solved by Neogaf just decided to ignore it. Guys can just ignore feminist frequency and all of those "SJW" things on the internet.

But they're not doing that, and they are responding with even more hate and division.  And its resulting in some bad thing happening in the real world.

The internet is a communication method.

What is the difference between using the internet to communicate harassment, and using your phone to harass somebody? Why should one be much more protected in anonymity than the other?

You say my fears are unfounded... but you remove anonymity from the internet and watch how much hacking skyrockets... I can't believe you're that naive.. or else you're simply clueless.

So your fears are completely unfounded. You can't even point to any substantial hacking now when anonymity should make it EASIER to get away with hacking somebody's account.

Edited by jehurey
10 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Also not exactly sure that was the main reason for anything happening in this case. The person making the accusation did it without any anonymity. The accused had their name fully revealed. The close cirlces of both groups both were fairly public on twitter and the known gaming journalists all rallied without any anonymity also. If anything he did it because of the inability to face people he knew or saw their reactions, more so than the random online no names. 

Resetera harassed this guy.

Those people are under anonymity.

Their employer and family and friends should see them bullying a person online that resulted in that person killing themselves.

Those Resetera posters should FEAR that their name will be seen because of this incident.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

What is the difference between using the internet to communicate harassment, and using your phone to harass somebody? Why should one be much more protected in anonymity than the other?

Because for me to call someone I need their number.  If I have that number.. I can harass them.  Imagine EVERYONE knowing your phone number.  Imagine a sign over your head all day every day with your number on it.  Imagine being to scared to say anything against or EVEN DISAGREE with someone... because then they know who you are and potentially where you live and who your family is...

You keep bringing up racism... and that's definitely a shitty thing that people feel empowered to spew online due to anonymity.  It would work in deterring racist comments... but guess what.. it would also deter people from having different opinions... and it would give groups of like minded people complete power to harass others who disagreed with them on any subject.  People would be scared to even discuss and potentially piss off someone else for fear of harm coming to them or their family.

I can only call one person at a time... Online... everyone can be in on that call.  It's a completely different thing altogether.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Because for me to call someone I need their number.  If I have that number.. I can harass them.  Imagine EVERYONE knowing your phone number.  Imagine a sign over your head all day every day with your number on it.  Imagine being to scared to say anything against or EVEN DISAGREE with someone... because then they know who you are and potentially where you live and who your family is...

You keep bringing up racism... and that's definitely a shitty thing that people feel empowered to spew online due to anonymity.  It would work in deterring racist comments... but guess what.. it would also deter people from having different opinions... and it would give groups of like minded people complete power to harass others who disagreed with them on any subject.  People would be scared to even discuss and potentially piss off someone else for fear of harm coming to them or their family.

I can only call one person at a time... Online... everyone can be in on that call.  It's a completely different thing altogether.

Its called a phonebook.:npc:

And those other people who are doing the harassing...........would also be known. And they'd have to face the consequences of having bullied somebody online.

At the end of the day.........if a majority of people agree on certain things, the internet is NOT supposed to be an artificially leveled playing field. Its just the public, online.

If I walk into an NRA meeting............and start talking about repealing the second amendment, I should whine if I get bullied there. RIGHT????????????

Edited by jehurey