Switch lite sells 177,936 units in the first three days on the market in japan, Switch family totals 240,000 in one week

12 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I'm actually looking at a the Standard due to the control issue. I'd also like to think, there will be times when I play it docked - although I do know @-GD- has said he has never played it docked; I have played it as a handheld, and docked and much preferred looking at the TV.

I just can't see myself getting the Lite, and then a joycon glitches out and now I'm really screwed.

Plus the newer model has a better battery than the original model. Just make sure you buy one in a red box. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s the newer model SKU with the better battery.

This one. 

Also, I assume that picking up a 128GB MicroSD card is sufficient if you're getting most of your AAA titles as a physical copy, no?

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah they just improved the battery by a few hours. 

That's awesome.

Edit: Just checked the stats, impressive!

The new model will include approximately two extra hours of battery life, bringing the estimates of usage to between 4.5 and 9 hours. Nintendo's current Switch has an estimated battery life of between 2.5 and 6.5 hours

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
22 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I'm actually looking at a the Standard due to the control issue. I'd also like to think, there will be times when I play it docked - although I do know @-GD- has said he has never played it docked; I have played it as a handheld, and docked and much preferred looking at the TV.

I just can't see myself getting the Lite, and then a joycon glitches out and now I'm really screwed.

fair enough, i don't want to fiddle with the docking mechanic. as for the analog failure, i hope they are rare incidents, if not i hope they fix it soon. 

13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

If you're going to get one there's really no reason to ever get the lite unless you're broke. Why would you remove that much potential function for $100? Totally not worth it. 

like above mentioned. and i prefer a handheld. the extra power doesn't interest me at all. and im not broke. :trump2:

Edited by kaz
1 minute ago, kaz said:

fair enough, i don't want to fiddle with the docking mechanic. as for the analog failure, i hope they are rare incidents, if not i hope they fix it soon. 

like above mentioned. and i prefer a handheld. the extra power doesn't interest me at all. and im not broke. :trump2:

It's not about power you legit can't play certain games, you don't have HD rumble, you have no option to ever use it on a TV. It just seems like a shitty purchasing decision. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

It's not about power you legit can't play certain games, you don't have HD rumble, you have no option to ever use it on a TV. It just seems like a shitty purchasing decision. 

still not interested, i guess you got owned. just accept it. :trump2:

Also, I assume that picking up a 128GB MicroSD card is sufficient if you're getting most of your AAA titles as a physical copy, no?

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
  • Like 1

And to add to that, I figure 3 games is more than enough to start - given their time required to complete, which I feel I will; so here are my choices:

Zelda: BoTW

Super Mario Maker 2

Fire Emblem: 3 Houses
+ Pro Controller (seems to be the consensus that it's worth the money)

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

128gb is what I have and haven’t run in to a storage issue yet. I buy most of my titles physical.  Those three games should take up more than enough of your free time. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I went gray, I found the colors to distract my eyes from the screen. 

I see them with the Red/Blue and Grey, but I'll be picking up a Pro controller as well.

42 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

And to add to that, I figure 3 games is more than enough to start - given their time required to complete, which I feel I will; so here are my choices:

Zelda: BoTW

Super Mario Maker 2

Fire Emblem: 3 Houses
+ Pro Controller (seems to be the consensus that it's worth the money)

Pro controller isn't worth the money, but it's a necessity. The joy cons are trash and the controller is the only way to get around that. 

48 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

i have a 64gb card and 20+ physical games, still have 30gb left on the card. I only buy indies and smaller stuff digital.

128 would last you all gen.

2 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

i have a 64gb card and 20+ physical games, still have 30gb left on the card. I only buy indies and smaller stuff digital.

128 would last you all gen.

Thanks bruv. :-* 

I figured as much since DL's are going to be from their back catalogue.