Portal 2 got downgraded

2 minutes ago, lostfool said:

WTF????  Could it have been an artistic choice or maybe newer hardware was having trouble running that type of lighting engine?

I can't figure it out, I think some update might have gotten pushed out and broke part of the lighting but no one ever noticed. I mean this could have happened this year or five years ago. It sucks not knowing when because it's damn near impossible to link it to a specific update or know what was changed.

I think they broke it and it just went under the radar because of its age. 

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I can't figure it out, I think some update might have gotten pushed out and broke part of the lighting but no one ever noticed. I mean this could have happened this year or five years ago. It sucks not knowing when because it's damn near impossible to link it to a specific update or know what was changed.

Nope, they fixed it. It went over the radar because of its rage.

Edited by Optimus Jim
15 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I think you are right.  Reminds me of the lighting in GTA five on XBOX one.  There was an update and all of the sudden no more shadows cast by automobile lights.  No reason for it as it had no effect on performance.  Idk if the same is for the PS4

4 minutes ago, lostfool said:

I think you are right.  Reminds me of the lighting in GTA five on XBOX one.  There was an update and all of the sudden no more shadows cast by automobile lights.  No reason for it as it had no effect on performance.  Idk if the same is for the PS4

You’re a loser, Downcool.

5 minutes ago, lostfool said:

I think I heard something about that and it being fixed. They update those games so frequently I can imagine quite a few things get broken and then later corrected. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I think I heard something about that and it being fixed. They update those games so frequently I can imagine quite a few things get broken and then later corrected. 

Must have been fixed after I stopped playing.  I played GTA five for almost a year on XBOX one.  It really wasn't a big deal.  Just a weird thing to lose.