Red Dead Redemption 2 releases on PC November 5th

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

LMAO.. ya'll crack me up.

RTX is a SERIES of GPUs..  It's Nvidia's new series..  It signifies the change in architecture and having accelerated RT hardware.  It really doesn't matter how many games have released so far... the simple fact is that it's the future.  More and more will release as times goes on.

If you don't get the point by now that Ray tracing is going to play an important part in future real-time graphics... then.. you're a dumbo :hest: 

It doesn't matter how many games have released for it? That's the entire point of its existence and why you advocate for it, for games making use of it. 

If it were a typical raster card it would cost $750'ish, you paid a $450 surplus for RTX which is barely being used in anything.

Give me a break. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PoC hasn’t been relevant in over 10 years or more. It’s hilarious watching insecure losers spewing Pc master race and at the sane time literally begging for any kind of console scraps.   The

Dyno making his own thread to get ahead of the ownage.

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It doesn't matter how many games have released for it? That's the entire point of its existence and why you advocate for it, for games making use of it. 

If it were a typical raster card it would cost $750'ish, you paid a $450 surplus for RTX which is barely being used in anything.

Give me a break. 

No it's not the entire point of its existence... It's point of existence is to play video games... and guess what... it does that pretty darn well :drake: 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This is like Microsoft and Sony releasing the Pro and X and then having 8 enhanced games in a year. Would anyone go to bat for that? Fuck no.

Not even close to that at all.

What it will likely be like.... is next gen consoles advertising Ray Tracing... and SOME games utilizing it at first... while others don't...

New tech takes time to adopt.... God you guys are so dumb with this shit. :D 

Edited by Remij_
3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No it's not the entire point of its existence... It's point of existence is to play video games... and guess what... it does that pretty darn well :drake: 

It does this at $1,200, a GTX card of this caliber would have been $750-$800. 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Not even close to that at all.

What it will likely be like.... is next gen consoles advertising Ray Tracing... and SOME games utilizing it at first... while others don't...

New tech takes time to adopt.... God you guys are so dumb with this shit. :D 

Except those consoles will be in service for a very long time and won't lose anything by their adaptation over time. Your card will be a total piece of unusable shit for RT within two years of next-gen because the raster demands will have increased substantially to the point that enabling the use of RT won't bode acceptable results. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It does this at $1,200, a GTX card of this caliber would have been $750-$800. 

Except those consoles will be in service for a very long time and won't lose anything by their adaptation over time. Your card will be a total piece of unusable shit for RT within two years of next-gen because the raster demands will have increased substantially to the point that enabling the use of RT won't bode acceptable results. 

Well then that wont bode acceptable results for next gen consoles either... :drake: 

Again.. RTX =/= 20 series alone.... 

You have no fucking clue what you're talking about dude... just stop. :D 

Edited by Remij_
Just now, Remij_ said:

Well then that wont bode acceptable results for next gen consoles either... :drake: 

You have no fucking clue what you're talking about dude... just stop. :D 

You don't know how they're accomplishing their RT in these consoles, as stated by myself and others it could be a substantially more proficient and less demanding means of doing it. 

The current RT hardware solution in RTX cards could be an old clunkster in comparison. 

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You don't know how they're accomplishing their RT in these consoles, as stated by myself and others it could be a substantially more proficient and less demanding means of doing it. 

The current RT hardware solution in RTX cards could be an old clunkster in comparison. 

lmao

2 hours ago, kaz said:

I'm almost finished with heavensward. I will let you know what I think of it once I'm done.  And I play the game on PC. 

I think the term PC master race still holds its ground because there are rarely games (mostly multiplayer games) that have the same skill ceiling as console games. 

Like it or not but FPS on PC take more skill than on consoles, not to mention RTS or MOBA games like Dota 2 being absolutely impossible on consoles and yet they are still the most complex and hardest games to master out there. 

Heavensward base game or HW and the patch quests? (3.0-3.5)?

i play, well played, the game on Pc too

Edited by Delita

One thing is for sure... when next generation consoles get established it will tell the tale of ray tracing. Is it worth the expense or will the hardware be utilized elsewhere and developers will be content with traditional lighting standards? Hopefully HDR has a more substantial footprint as well... seems like that seemingly "free" feature has lost traction. HDR is quite attractive.

6 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

One thing is for sure... when next generation consoles get established it will tell the tale of ray tracing. Is it worth the expense or will the hardware be utilized elsewhere and developers will be content with traditional lighting standards? Hopefully HDR has a more substantial footprint as well... seems like that seemingly "free" feature has lost traction. HDR is quite attractive.

Yea.  It's pretty clear where it's going though.

Also, RT performance gives these console manufacturers the perfect reason to put out an enhanced console mid-gen... which won't have the "higher resolution" angle as a crutch.

Nvidia is the leading GPU manufacturer in the world.. they don't work on a technology for 10+ years, and completely change their architecture to go in a direction where the industry isn't going to be heading in the future... 

Microsoft isn't going to create an API with Nvidia, AMD, and Intel.. for years to standardize ray-tracing... if they didn't think it was the future.

AMD wouldn't be talking about it and making it a point of their upcoming architecture if they didn't feel it was going to be important for the future of real-time rendering.

Sony and MS would not have included it in their console at all... if they didn't see the value in it.

Like I said... there's no going back after this.  It's here.. and it'll take however long it takes for devs to adopt it and performance to improve.  It's not going away.

48 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Has it though? Out of 619 Xbox One X Enhanced games 170 of them have HDR. 

That's 27.5% of the total, that's pretty good. 

8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Has it though? Out of 619 Xbox One X Enhanced games 170 of them have HDR. 

That's 27.5% of the total, that's pretty good. 

Seems like big releases lately HDR has been omitted. :shrug: I could just be losing track of games with HDR.

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Seems like big releases lately HDR has been omitted. :shrug: I could just be losing track of games with HDR.

It might be more that it's just going under the radar, HDR is still great but it has lost its how do I put this... hype? or "new" appeal?

40 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea.  It's pretty clear where it's going though.

Also, RT performance gives these console manufacturers the perfect reason to put out an enhanced console mid-gen... which won't have the "higher resolution" angle as a crutch.

Nvidia is the leading GPU manufacturer in the world.. they don't work on a technology for 10+ years, and completely change their architecture to go in a direction where the industry isn't going to be heading in the future... 

Microsoft isn't going to create an API with Nvidia, AMD, and Intel.. for years to standardize ray-tracing... if they didn't think it was the future.

AMD wouldn't be talking about it and making it a point of their upcoming architecture if they didn't feel it was going to be important for the future of real-time rendering.

Sony and MS would not have included it in their console at all... if they didn't see the value in it.

Like I said... there's no going back after this.  It's here.. and it'll take however long it takes for devs to adopt it and performance to improve.  It's not going away.

There was never going back or ever moving forward differently. Ray tracing is the next logical step.

I guess when I think of ray tracing I automatically think visuals (light, reflections, shadows, etc.), but it's obvious Sony sees value in ray tracing outside of the visual impact per Mark Cerny's WIRED interview. We could see games with enhanced traditional lighting like today while using ray tracing hardware for audio. Shit like that I guess is what I mean.

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It might be more that it's just going under the radar, HDR is still great but it has lost its how do I put this... hype? or "new" appeal?

I guess so, but after getting spoiled by HDR content it's hard going back. It's pretty impressive when paired up with a TV that can output them nits.

5 hours ago, lynux3 said:

I guess so, but after getting spoiled by HDR content it's hard going back. It's pretty impressive when paired up with a TV that can output them nits.

Next gen there is no reason for any game to omit HDR.  Every single game should be mandated to have it.

12 hours ago, Delita said:

Heavensward base game or HW and the patch quests? (3.0-3.5)?

i play, well played, the game on Pc too

oh i forgot there are level 60 quests after the base game. never mind, i like it a lot so far im at lvl 59 quests. The best parts were with Estinien and lady ice heart. Estinien is my fav character in the game so far.

and the lord commander girl that switched sides because he made such an impact on her.