The Outer Worlds blows away expectations, 'Heavy PS4 split', 'Gamepass leading to the cannibalization of Xbox unit sales"

4 hours ago, JONBpc said:

People are using gamepass.  Shocking news .

I know it's retard logic in an argument. Every single person I've conversed with is playing this game on PC or Xbox and they're using GamePass. 

These games are doing exactly what Microsoft wants, they are driving people to the service. Every person in the discord who is playing this is using GP to play it, I'm using GP to play it. 

Yeah I dunno how the math is even close to working out for the devs for these gamepass games. Microsoft is basically begging people to play these games for free. 

Microsoft just continues to find new ways to kill studios. 

Edited by Casual
2 minutes ago, Casual said:

Yeah I dunno how the math is even close to working out for the devs for these gamepass games. Microsoft is basically begging people to play these games for free. 

Microsoft just continues to find new ways to kill studios. 

They're killing studios? What... No they're eating physical sale losses to get people accustomed with their service, to get people on their service, to see the value in it... and it's working. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They're killing studios? What... No they're eating physical sale losses to get people accustomed with their service, to get people on their service, to see the value in it... and it's working. 

So Microsoft is taking the 1 dollar I gave them and using it to cover the physical sale loss of Outer Worlds?

Doubt. 

Edited by Casual
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Casual said:

So Microsoft is taking the 1 dollar I gave them and using it to cover the physical sale loss of Outer Worlds?

Doubt. 

There's millions of people using the service, the average sub cost is not $1 and the guy who is the very basis for this thread (Benji) said currently the average cost being paid is about $6 a month. 

There's tens of millions of dollars being funneled into this service every month and as more and more time passes those promos will become more fleeting and the average sub cost will continue to rise until at MSRP. 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

There's millions of people using the service, the average sub cost is not $1 and the guy who is the very basis for this thread (Benji) said currently the average cost being paid is about $6 a month. 

There's tens of millions of dollars being funneled into this service every month and as more and more time passes those promos will become more fleeting and the average sub cost will continue to rise until at MSRP. 

cool, and then the majority of people will unsub because there's like 4 good recent games on the service. 

1 minute ago, Casual said:

cool, and then the majority of people will unsub because there's like 4 good recent games on the service. 

Why do you think Microsoft is investing so much in game studios? Like are you people this retarded? So they can have a steady flow of releases to help cultivate the service and establish a flow. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Why do you think Microsoft is investing so much in game studios? Like are you people this retarded? So they can have a steady flow of releases to help cultivate the service and establish a flow. 

i fail to see how a bunch of fourth-rate studios are gonna solve their problem of not having enough good games on game pass. as it stands there's not much incentive for most people to subscribe for more than a few months a year at a heavily discounted price. adding a bunch of the shitty games that microsoft studios are known for won't change that, especially if they up the price.

5 minutes ago, Casual said:

i fail to see how a bunch of fourth-rate studios are gonna solve their problem of not having enough good games on game pass. as it stands there's not much incentive for most people to subscribe for more than a few months a year at a heavily discounted price. adding a bunch of the shitty games that microsoft studios are known for won't change that, especially if they up the price.

You're assuming the games will be shitty, why? They will have all their bases covered from indie to AAA with a few AAA game releases during the year with indie to AA games filling in the gaps in between. They have like 16 game studios making games right now, they will likely have third parties making games for them as well. Their goal is to properly coordinate with all of them and third parties to get a steady leapfrog workflow so there's always a reason to be on the service. 

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I know it's retard logic in an argument. Every single person I've conversed with is playing this game on PC or Xbox and they're using GamePass. 

These games are doing exactly what Microsoft wants, they are driving people to the service. Every person in the discord who is playing this is using GP to play it, I'm using GP to play it. 

You're back to using your anecdotes to equal the entire market? lmfao. 

PS4 games were already outselling Xbox1 games waaaay before GP.... using GP as an excuse is laughable at best.