Have you ever pushed your GPU beyond it's limits?

I am,  and I'm starting to think that  I probably should have bought a RTX 2060 instead of a Aorus GTX 1660 Ti. 

Forcing the little GTX 1660 Ti process Ray Tracing without any RT cores has been pretty rough on it playing Control.  :happysad:

I've never experienced so many game crashes before outside until I played this game.

Edited by The Mother Fucker
1 hour ago, kaz said:

no. my gpu is my buddy, i don't hurt my buddies but then I accidentally fried my gtx 560 (RIP my love :mjcry: ) 

I still have my old GTX 560, at one point I written off to the scrap pile as the shroud nearly broke off after a year of owning it.  A cheap GALAXY brand GPU, I bought back in 2012.    I restored the GPU this year, slapping a NZXT AIO cooler on it.     It was the first GPU mod I did, and now the card is a paperweight since 1GB GDDR5 is useless in today's games.

Edited by The Mother Fucker
10 minutes ago, ghostz said:

I’m not heavily into computers & parts, but how do you fry a GPU? Do you have to adjust it? Don’t they have things in place to avoid this happening?

I'd imagine it could happen if you were to pair your GPU with an overclock tool like MSI Afterburner, and then go nuts with the OC, like raise the Core Volt to the max if the setting is unlocked.