why dont we still have Greta Thunderberg emoji here?

3 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

Yes, a 14 year old reading off scripts is ignorant. She has handlers and is completely ignoring the elephants in the room. China and India. My claims are not the polar opposite, its only been happening for millions of years without fail. 

The world is not ending in 12 years or whatever these nutjobs are claiming.  Yes we need to reduce carbon and pollution,  not denying this. What I disagree with is the sensationalism of this girl and The Green New Deal and the like. 

If we want to be serious about pollution we need to address this

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-50258947

We need the sensationalism of the girl, because its a huge problem.  But correct, she needs to address India and China, because when they industrialize their total of over 2 billion people, it will destroy the planet.

10 minutes ago, PeterPopoff said:

We need the sensationalism of the girl, because its a huge problem.  But correct, she needs to address India and China, because when they industrialize their total of over 2 billion people, it will destroy the planet.

Yes she's going after the countries that actually have declining carbon emissions.  For some reason the media doesn't want to talk about the biggest polluters, probably because of political correctness or some bullshit.  Or if I were conspiracy theorist she's funded by China in an attempt to destroy western industry :npc:

11 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

She's trying to sell an idea and she failed miserably.

Zero charisma and overplayed.

Renewable energy companies don't care about the environment. They are just trying to sell you their product.

Tesla for example, pollutes way more with their batteries than fossil fuels.

not to mention renewable energy causes lots of danger to animals. birds getting blown up in wind wheels, aquatic animals sensory gets fucked through vibration on the ground for example.. etc. etc. 

• Upvote 1

Cooke just so happens to be spouting right-wing arguments regarding climate change?

What a coincidence, that just always seems to be happening.

Y'know I used to be one of those who just was on the sidelines spectating on this issue, not really caring.

Until I realized the "math" regarding CO2 half-life, and then realized how scary it can get real quickly.

Just to give you an idea, the Carbon Dioxide that we have in our atmosphere will not be able to break itself down (its half-life) for about 25-75 years (or potentially over a hundred years) before it reaches a small enough mass that it can be lifted out of the atmosphere.

So the carbon dioxide that has probably broken down to actually be able to leave the atmosphere is the carbon dioxide we produced back in 1945, or earlier. You can't get around the chemistry, and its math. Its like knowing somebody who has massive amounts of debt, yet they continue their lifestyle because they're still opening up new credit accounts while only paying the minimum amount due. Stuck in a vicious cycle, once they don't have any more available credit and they can't pay their bills, its gonna get ugly really quickly. Their either going to have to change their lifestyle entirely, or find some money to start paying the debt.

So, we either have to put real effort into inventing some sort of "Carbon Dioxide" collection mechanism to start reversing shit, or we're going to have to change the way we do things. And it has to be done relatively soon.

Edited by jehurey
58 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Cooke just so happens to be spouting right-wing arguments regarding climate change?

What a coincidence, that just always seems to be happening.

Y'know I used to be one of those who just was on the sidelines spectating on this issue, not really caring.

Until I realized the "math" regarding CO2 half-life, and then realized how scary it can get real quickly.

Just to give you an idea, the Carbon Dioxide that we have in our atmosphere will not be able to break itself down (its half-life) for about 25-75 years (or potentially over a hundred years) before it reaches a small enough mass that it can be lifted out of the atmosphere.

So the carbon dioxide that has probably broken down to actually be able to leave the atmosphere is the carbon dioxide we produced back in 1945, or earlier. You can't get around the chemistry, and its math. Its like knowing somebody who has massive amounts of debt, yet they continue their lifestyle because they're still opening up new credit accounts while only paying the minimum amount due. Stuck in a vicious cycle, once they don't have any more available credit and they can't pay their bills, its gonna get ugly really quickly. Their either going to have to change their lifestyle entirely, or find some money to start paying the debt.

So, we either have to put real effort into inventing some sort of "Carbon Dioxide" collection mechanism to start reversing shit, or we're going to have to change the way we do things. And it has to be done relatively soon.

Why must everything be left and right wing with you. You have this political lens on at all times. Grow the fuck up dude. 

21 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Why must everything be left and right wing with you. You have this political lens on at all times. Grow the fuck up dude. 

No.

Your positions and especially the method in which you try to DISMISS existing scientific notions is something that cannot occur unless you are actively following right-wing talking points.

Everything you have said thus far in this thread is not stuff that you naturally arrived on your own independent thinking.

You are actively parroting talking points from somewhere, and we know where. 

You're talking about this because you clearly don't want to talk about the actual issue regarding climate change on any meaningful scientific or practical level.

To be fair, a lot of Americans really do need to rely less on their cars everyday. I was living with a friend who drove on his breaks for 15min from work to get back home just so he could eat and watch some shitty youtube videos on a large TV screen. Everyday. Just get a lunchbox...

Edited by HolyAx
20 minutes ago, HolyAx said:

To be fair, a lot of Americans really do need to rely less on their cars everyday. I was living with a friend who drove on his breaks for 15min from work to get back home just so he could eat and watch some shitty youtube videos on a large TV screen. Everyday. Just get a lunchbox...

The other day, it was dawning on me that automobiles for transportation is a very American thing.

China may have surpassed us in the amount of automobiles being purchased, but only by 50%, even though their population is over 300% of America's .

Not to mention those are simply new automobile purchases, and most Americans would already have existing cars whereas most Chinese do not.

Think of how many square miles of land we have as paved concrete that serves no other purpose but to just drive on it with an automobile

This is a visual representation of the amount of land that is taken up as pavement in Texas:

TX-16U-3_1024x1024.png?v=1415209286

11 minutes ago, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

Right wing talking point

Ah, the ole "we don't have to do anything because I've decided to set a shitty third-world country as my standard"

That's like negotiating with your school teacher that your D-grade might as well count as an A-grade because at least you're not as bad that the stone-out delinquent who has an F.

Its funny how many people trying to weak-ass excuse.

9 hours ago, HolyAx said:

"82% of all ocean plastic comes from three rivers in china and india. The yangtze alone being responsible for more than 55% of all ocean plsk"

IRRELEVANT BECAUSE COLLONIALISM!