DF Star Wars xbox vs ps

46 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

That engine is a mess for EA and their teams. 

UE4 obviously was the better choice.... deal with it :shrug:

i think his idea about destructible environments sounds great. star wars could certainly make use of it. :shrug: 

31 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Ugh no... HIgher resolution on the X and some better effects. 

:npc:

Normal Frame rate: PS4 Pro Quality mode holds up 30 FPS all the time outside some I/O stutter and very rare slowdowns similar to XBX.

Pro Performance Mode: X and Pro are very similar, either can have minor advantage on per-scene basis. Otherwise very similar.
Either Pro/X are the recommended versions over Base

Essentially a tie :shrug:

8 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Normal Frame rate: PS4 Pro Quality mode holds up 30 FPS all the time outside some I/O stutter and very rare slowdowns similar to XBX.

Pro Performance Mode: X and Pro are very similar, either can have minor advantage on per-scene basis. Otherwise very similar.
Either Pro/X are the recommended versions over Base

Essentially a tie :shrug:

It's a tie if you're completely delusional and throw resolution and effects out the window. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
4 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

leadbetter said the x version has the edge due to res/effects. linneman immediately followed and said the difference was subtle. $500 well spent?

:yeshrug:

It's better on xbox . Deal w it 

3 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

deal w pro holding its own again? ill try :alarm2:

30 percent higher resolution.  A handful of effects better on xbox .

Yeah that's worth a hundo . Meanwhile , pro holding it's own at 1080p , sometimes lower lol .

Patch just released for PC which apparently fixes the loading issues as well as the texture streaming issues

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Star-Wars-Jedi-Fallen-Order-Patch-Notes-w-c-Nov-18/m-p/8444865#M1456

Hey everyone,

We’re in the process of releasing a PC Patch for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. We have a patch that will follow on Xbox One and PS4, also due out this week.

We’ve fixed a texture flickering issue that would display on the screen while driving the AT-AT on Kashyyyk
Sometimes the input from the arrow keys would fail to respond within menus, this has now been fixed.
Dynamic resolution settings will now save properly.
Fixed an issued where the game could become slow and loading times longer than expected.
We’ve been blown away from all the feedback we’ve received so far, and we’re so happy that you’ve been enjoying Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

Please do keep the feedback, fanart, suggestions and everything else coming!

/Atic

Someone on ResetERA said performance is much better now..  I'm gonna test it right away.

11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Is that the same patch I had to download earlier today? It didn’t help my hitching/stuttering.

Yea.. I just tried it out for about 30min and while I feel it's maybe a bit better, still def not 100%.  I don't think they'll be able to fix a fundamental issue with how the game is coded.

I gotta get rid of this 4 core CPU though... :meh: 

Edited by Remij_
16 hours ago, JONBpc said:

30 percent higher resolution.  A handful of effects better on xbox .

Yeah that's worth a hundo . Meanwhile , pro holding it's own at 1080p , sometimes lower lol .

subtle differences in a game thats a technical mess

impressive for x :dame: