Digital Foundry - Hellblade 2 trailer analysis - Sub 4K at 24 FPS

There's been quite a few new technologies developed this generation that the previous gen simply isn't capable of in hardware... ones that specifically address things like geometry and LOD (mesh/amplification shaders) among other things he brings up.

I've mentioned it all many many many times before :shrug: 

mesh.png

mesh2.png

If you guys don't believe it.  That's cool..  The engine IS rendering those visuals though :bena: 

Edited by Remij_
11 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

There's been quite a few new technologies developed this generation that the previous gen simply isn't capable of in hardware... ones that specifically address things like geometry and LOD (mesh/amplification shaders) among other things he brings up.

I've mentioned it all many many many times before :shrug: 

mesh.png

mesh2.png

If you guys don't believe it.  That's cool..  The engine IS rendering those visuals though :bena: 

It runs at 24 FPS... that the FPS for movies.  It's literally a movie rendered with the game engine.....that's not indicative of gameplay at all though :shrug:

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

It runs at 24 FPS... that the FPS for movies.  It's literally a movie rendered with the game engine.....that's not indicative of gameplay at all though :shrug:

It's indicative of what it is... a cutscene.

15 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

in game cutscenes run at 30fps :shrug:

Oh they do?  On pre-release hardware and potentially years before the game launch? :drake: 

Again... the video was ENCODED at 24fps.. in UE4 you can set it to record at whatever fps you want... that doesn't mean sweet fuck all about the actual rendering framerate.

Edited by Remij_
Just now, -GD- said:

tbh, i wasn't that blown away. the facial tech was the only part that truly looked "next gen"..

i'm expecting x/p5 games to look better than this demo. 

I agree 100%.  It's the animation that makes it look on another level.

Games will absolutely look better than this on next gen.  LMAO when Naughty Dog comes with a full on next gen game it's going to just look completely ridiculous.. Look what can be done already this gen on 1.8TF hardware... 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Interesting that it was there in the first place :bena: 

Curious as to why he seemingly had to remove it in the first place. :jordan3: We're going to have to wait just a bit longer to see what next gen is really about. Bring on PlayStation Meeting and E3. :juggle: 

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Curious as to why he seemingly had to remove it in the first place. :jordan3: We're going to have to wait just a bit longer to see what next gen is really about. Bring on PlayStation Meeting and E3. :juggle: 

He didn't want to be the only one confirming it :bate:

Edited by Remij_