DF - XsX vs Ps5 GPU leak 12tf vs 9.2

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do every day... when I play games at 2-3x the framerates consoles do     I literally don't have to do anything.. I'm ready.         But that's not good enough. 3080ti a

I think I will build SWs best Pc next gen, to compliment my XSX when I don't need to best graphics and performance 

2 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I can't wait to see the damage control lemmings will have to justify the Xbox Series X $699 price tag.    Buh buh we have the best hardware... and no game to show.  

699 or perm

36 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:
  • 2019 wrong
  • Tablet wrong
  • Split controller wrong
  • PS5 more powerful wrong
  • "Insiders" wrong

:hest:

bubut MATT SAID!

Really though... I can't see PS5 being just 9TF... that would be a bit disappointing.  Still though... 2x the compute of the PRO and 2x the compute of the One X... seems like maybe they both had similar targets. :shrug: 

I doubt it will be that much weaker too . I hope not , that would be pathetic .

It's hilarious watching the reefsetera cows lose their minds tho :D you won't be able to tell the difference!!1

10 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

bubut MATT SAID!

Really though... I can't see PS5 being just 9TF... that would be a bit disappointing.  Still though... 2x the compute of the PRO and 2x the compute of the One X... seems like maybe they both had similar targets. :shrug: 

I can, remember when I made that thread about it being a generation behind? Seems to be pretty accurate now more than ever. Sony no doubt settled on RDNA while Microsoft held out for RDNA 2.0. This would explain the leak about no AMD RT being present, it wasn't a thing yet and they no doubt had to outsource it. This might also present development issues for them. 

Sony doesn't need power to sell systems, and 9 would be 11.5 on GCN so it's more than enough of an uptick. It won't be weak by any means, just weaker.

This is only a 30% difference, the XO to PS4 was 40%, X to Pro 43%. It's not that shocking. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I can, remember when I made that thread about it being a generation behind? Seems to be pretty accurate now more than ever. Sony no doubt settled on RDNA while Microsoft held out for RDNA 2.0. 

Sony doesn't need power to sell systems, and 9 would be 11.5 on GCN so it's more than enough of an uptick. It won't be weak by any means, just weaker.

This is only a 30% difference, the XO to PS4 was 40%, X to Pro 43%. It's not that shocking. 

Apparently the Series X is just RDNA1 and not RDNA2.  They both have special hardware features not present in RDNA1 so I'm not really sure where they fall.  They're probably both some Frankenstein implementations.. but it seems like the difference is that MS is going wider with more CUs and Sony is going higher frequency... So maybe that's where the rumored thermal issues and downclocking is coming from?

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Apparently the Series X is just RDNA1 and not RDNA2.  They both have special hardware features not present in RDNA1 so I'm not really sure where they fall.  They're probably both some Frankenstein implementations.. but it seems like the difference is that MS is going wider with more CUs and Sony is going higher frequency... So maybe that's where the rumored thermal issues and downclocking is coming from?

RDNA 1 according to what? Lisa Su specifically cited "Next-Gen RDNA". 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

RDNA 1 according to what? Lisa Su specifically cited "Next-Gen RDNA". 

One of the people who I believe is correct said that it's only RDNA1.

It all depends on how you say it...  "Xbox is going to use our next gen RDNA architecture" can be taken 2 ways..

Next gen as in... on from GCN... or Next gen as in... RDNA2.

I'm not sure which.  Like I said.. probably a hybrid or something.

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

One of the people who I believe is correct said that it's only RDNA1.

It all depends on how you say it...  "Xbox is going to use our next gen RDNA architecture" can be taken 2 ways..

Next gen as in... on from GCN... or Next gen as in... RDNA2.

I'm not sure which.  Like I said.. probably a hybrid or something.

SZBlvcI.png

It's pretty clear.