Tchbfr :D horizon for PC this year confirmed

11 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

MLB is not a Sony IP :mindblown:,  that's not Sony's decision where those games go. 

That's the MLB's call and they chose to make it multiplatform AFTER Sony's deal to be the exclusive platform expires.

:roll: 

Edited by Remij_
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its funny how the cows refused to believe Sony is going 3rd party . MLB,  now horizon . How many more clues do they need ? 

Sums up the lemshits.   If Xbox can't have the console market, nobody can. They would rather see gaming die than see PlayStation dominate, they've always been like this.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Ori and Cuphead are NOT MS IP either....... 

It's a Sony first party game... SONY made the call to retain the license and develop their game on other consoles.   Don't fucking act like Sony isn't in on this... lmao

MS hasn't released any first party games outside of Minecraft.... so you literally have NO reason to expect that they will release more... unless you're willing to accept that Sony could be "forced" to put Spider Man on Xbox... lol

Pretty sure Ori is Microsoft's IP, they merely don't own the developer, yet. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Pretty sure Ori is Microsoft's IP, they merely don't own the developer, yet. 

Nah, they own Moon apparently.  I don't know if it was ever announced though, but I checked the site and apparently they do.

Wait, MS bought Moon? 

Apparently in 2011.

In 2011, Moon Studios became a Microsoft First Party Developer and is now working on Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

https://www.orithegame.com/moon-studios/

Moon Studios is an independent video game development studio, founded in 2010 by Thomas Mahler (former Cinematic Artist at Blizzard Entertainment) and Gennadiy Korol (former Senior Graphics Engineer at Animation Lab). The company mainly focuses on highly refined gameplay mechanics within its products and prides itself on an excessive 'iterative polish' process. Moon Studios is a distributed development house: All team members are spread throughout the world, allowing Moon to work with the best and most talented people in the games industry. In 2011, Moon Studios became a Microsoft First Party Developer and is now working on Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Apparently in 2011.

In 2011, Moon Studios became a Microsoft First Party Developer and is now working on Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

https://www.orithegame.com/moon-studios/

Moon Studios is an independent video game development studio, founded in 2010 by Thomas Mahler (former Cinematic Artist at Blizzard Entertainment) and Gennadiy Korol (former Senior Graphics Engineer at Animation Lab). The company mainly focuses on highly refined gameplay mechanics within its products and prides itself on an excessive 'iterative polish' process. Moon Studios is a distributed development house: All team members are spread throughout the world, allowing Moon to work with the best and most talented people in the games industry. In 2011, Moon Studios became a Microsoft First Party Developer and is now working on Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

Yeah I just saw that, I had no idea.

wcwYeYX.jpg

17 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

"there's your HZD on PC.. lmao PSNow streaming.. It's obvious that was what the insiders heard!"

And he says he's not owned :rofls: 

We've be talking to 13 year old Jerry this whole time . The while forum watched him get raped and he will just continue to vomit words to hide it from his current self LMAO

Yeah I just saw that, I had no idea.

Here's the thing though... there's mixed messaging everywhere.  This was in 2016:

While the game is published by Microsoft Game Studios, the team remains wholly independent. If anything, the relationship has given them many of the benefits of a first party development while being able to maintain their unique structure, one seemingly poorly fit with the typical first party system. Describing the relationship on Reddit, Ori Programmer Willem Vos noted: “One of the cool things about Microsoft being involved in the process of building the game, was that they have an experienced and outsider vision.”

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Here's the thing though... there's mixed messaging everywhere.  This was in 2016:

While the game is published by Microsoft Game Studios, the team remains wholly independent. If anything, the relationship has given them many of the benefits of a first party development while being able to maintain their unique structure, one seemingly poorly fit with the typical first party system. Describing the relationship on Reddit, Ori Programmer Willem Vos noted: “One of the cool things about Microsoft being involved in the process of building the game, was that they have an experienced and outsider vision.”

My guess is they're in a binding contract but get to keep their independence. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

Now the show isn't a Sony ip :rofls: 

It's a Sony game.. with the MLB license attached to it.  It's a first party game that Sony is allowing themselves to release on Xbox and Switch.

Whatever though.. I'm not arguing about that shit tonight.  That's too far away.  The Cow ownage is right here right now :hehe: 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

That's actually not correct, Sony agreed to renew their contract with MLB under the stipulation of it being multiplatform. It was entirely their decision and they said yes, they could have said no and another publisher would have taken the reigns. 

:grimaceleft:

And Sony would be left with a studio that makes baseball games............with no baseball license.

Which would've resulted in a waste of resources, possibly resulting in firing those people and closing the studio.

OR.........they can fulfill the basic requirements, and continue making MLB The Show and making profit.

MLB clearly couldn't FIND any other publisher that wanted to make baseball games anymore. 2K doesn't want to do it anymore, Acitivision, EA.

The only studio making baseball games is a Sony studio.............I am more than certain that MLB did something to help persuade Sony to continue this arrange, while expanding it to churning out ports.

Possibly offering Sony a discount on licensing fees.

I am reminded of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 way back in 2002. The PS2 version was developed by one studio, and the PC/Xbox/Gamecube versions was a shittier port handled by another EA studio.

Sony also has a history of developing the main version of MLB The Show for their console......and then a shitty PSP/Vita port that is no where near as good. They'll probably do a similar thing for the Xbox/Switch/PC versions. Thus fulfilling their basic requirements for the licensing deal.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

And Sony would be left with a studio that makes baseball games............with no baseball license.

Which would've resulted in a waste of resources, possibly resulting in firing those people and closing the studio.

OR.........they can fulfill the basic requirements, and continue making MLB The Show and making profit.

MLB clearly couldn't FIND any other publisher that wanted to make baseball games anymore. 2K doesn't want to do it anymore, Acitivision, EA.

The only studio making baseball games is a Sony studio.............I am more than certain that MLB did something to help persuade Sony to continue this arrange, while expanding it to churning out ports.

Possibly offering Sony a discount on licensing fees.

I am reminded of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 way back in 2002. The PS2 version was developed by one studio, and the PC/Xbox/Gamecube versions was a shittier port handled by another EA studio.

Sony also has a history of developing the main version of MLB The Show for their console......and then a shitty PSP/Vita port that is no where near as good. They'll probably do a similar thing for the Xbox/Switch/PC versions. Thus fulfilling their basic requirements for the licensing deal.

Implying they are incapable of developing something else. The point stands, they weren't forced, they made a choice to go multiplatform. 

29 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

"there's your HZD on PC.. lmao PSNow streaming.. It's obvious that was what the insiders heard!"

And he says he's not owned :rofls: 

yeah you haven't..........because I already brought the idea of outgoing last-gen Sony games getting ported to PC, and Sony first-party games for PS5 still maintaining their exclusivity.

You are clearly trying to say that Sony is going to become Microsoft...........and every first party game is a multiplat.

You're trying to take 2 + 2 and extend it to 5.

Its obviously that you are trying to make that false equivalency..........because you're a butthurt lemming, and wish that Sony fail as hard as Xbox.

I am owned the moment that actually happens with NEW Sony first-party games.  And MLB is the exception, not the rule. And you know exactly why it would be the exception.

11 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

We've be talking to 13 year old Jerry this whole time . The while forum watched him get raped and he will just continue to vomit words to hide it from his current self LMAO

Still dingleberry'ing.:tom:

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Implying they are incapable of developing something else. The point stands, they weren't forced, they made a choice to go multiplatform. 

If MLB tells Sony that they MUST develop MLB The Show for all current platforms, or else they can't get the license at all.

..............then they have no choice.

Why are you pretending to play stupid to this very basic notion?

MLB clearly told them: All platforms, or nothing at all.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

If MLB tells Sony that they MUST develop MLB The Show for all current platforms, or else they can't get the license at all.

..............then they have no choice.

Why are you pretending to play stupid to this very basic notion?

MLB clearly told them: All platforms, or nothing at all.

That is literally a choice. 

:lawl:

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

That is literally a choice. 

:lawl:

No..........semantics isn't going to work for you in this case.

Thank you...........because you just basically told me that the scenario I presented is probably what happened.

Thus, your shitty attempt to portray the narrative that SONY WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY to want to make ports, is laughably unlikely.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No..........semantics isn't going to work for you in this case.

Thank you...........because you just basically told me that the scenario I presented is probably what happened.

Thus, your shitty attempt to portray the narrative that SONY WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY to want to make ports, is laughably unlikely.

It's a choice, it's not semantics, it's a choice. 

¿Entiendes inglés?