Nintendo 3rd Qtr results - Switch over 20 million in 2019, over 52 Million WW LTD, surpassed Xbox1 and tracking ahead of PS4 and PS2 launch aligned.

18 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

:cosby2: 

:snoop: 

Their first party handheld division, developers etc..... where are they now within Sony's gaming division? ... where those people added to Sony's console developers? :trump:

Edited by Goukosan
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOLOLOLLLOLOL   @madmaltese

Yet gamers still prefer xb1 and ps4 

Incredible sales, especially considering it was a fairly timid year software wise. A lot of AA quality but none of the giant Nintendo names. We are approaching the time when they start to come out aga

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I didn't even mean it as trolling and made it while also complimenting the sales lol Just thought it was something worth noting since this is the first generation EVER that Nintendo don't have a console AND a handheld. 

Yea I noticed... you meant to offense... but these fuckheads take any perceived attack on their precious Switch extremely serious and will spaz out.  YOU ARE DOWNPLAYING SWITCHES SUCCESS :cries:

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Their first party handheld division, developers etc..... where are they now within Sony's gaming division? ... where those people added to Sony's console developers? :trump:

They're making games for the console... the console market only.  The PS4 doesn't double as a handheld... so that "division" as you put it.. no longer satisfies that market. :lemming: 

47 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

lol wot. PS4 is just a console. There is no merge. There is no handheld division. Why are you being jonb level dumb. Switch is literally a handheld, every NDS, 3DS fan would've jumped on Switch. Previous handheld exclusive titles like main Pokemon games are Switch, it is the next 3DS while also being their next console. 

Also don't know why you keep saying PS2+PSP. PSP maybe sold 10-15m while they were out at the same time as the end of PS2 gen. PSP was majority PS3 gen and Vita then also had 2 years of PS3 gen and was pretty much already dead by the time PS4 launched. Sony entered the handheld market and had a success, then a failure then left. 

Meanwhile Nintendo had just done 150M+ with NDS and 75M or so for 3DS (not to mention 120M+ for gameboy and 80M+ for GBA) all the handheld titles now move over to Switch PLUS their console equivalents. They merged their two markets. I mean you can keep acting like Dyno if you like I guess. 

So yeah when Switch crosses 75M then it finally performs better than their worst handheld ever (3DS) not to mention the merge of the console market too :trump:

You can use PSP + PS2 or PSP + PS3 if you want... either or is higher than PS4 alone now :trump2:

.. lol 

anyway My point is... if you haven't gotten it as yet... if you want to look at if Switch was worth the merger... you have to look at the whole picture.

Nintendo merged the divisions to increase profitability while also streamlining development resources.   Instead of investing twice as much on two systems they can focuse all investments on one and then in return increase their ROI. 

Example.... Switch packaged software generally sells for 60 dollars.... that's twice the price of what that same game would cost on DS or 3DS. 

From launch till now... Switch software sales have matched or eclipsed what their handheld + console was doing Launch aligned... with the software now returning higher profits. 

E.g.  Pokémon sword and Shield just sold 16 million in 1.5 months at 60 dollars a pop.... that's how those games would sell on DS and 3DS at 30 dollars a pop in their LIFETIME.   

Switch just made more bank on those same Pokémon games in a ridiculously shorter time. 

and now they have launched the Lite... they can release more handheld focused titles at 60 dollars a pop and no one would blink an eye. 

This 3rd quarter was the best quarter Nintendo has had since 2009 which was the peak year for Wii + DS. For Switch alone to match that revenue and profits wise means it was definitely worth the merger....no caveats needed. 

:tom5:

Edited by Goukosan
7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

ahhhhh Sooo effectively those resources were merged backed into the console division just like I said :shrug:

and no longer serving the market they used to... which Madmal said. :lemming: 

Let me spell it out for you.

Nintendo merged handheld and console resources into a single platform which serves both markets

Sony merged their handheld resources into their single platform which only serves one of those markets

That clear enough for you? :drake: 

Edited by Remij_
6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You can use PSP + PS2 or PSP + PS3 if you want... either or is higher than PS4 alone now :trump2:

.. lol 

anyway My point is... if you haven't gotten it as yet... if you want to look at if Switch was worth the merger... you have to look at the whole picture.

Nintendo merged the divisions to increase profitability while also streamlining development resources.   Instead of investing twice as much on two systems they can focuse all investments on one and then in return increase their ROI. 

Example.... Switch packaged software generally sells for 60 dollars.... that's twice the price of what that same game would cost on DS or 3DS. 

From launch till now... Switch software sales have matched or eclipsed what their handheld + console was doing Launch aligned... with the software now returning higher profits. 

E.g.  Pokémon sword and Shield just sold 16 million in 1.5 months at 60 dollars a pop.... that's how those games would sell on DS and 3DS at 30 dollars a pop in their LIFETIME.   

Switch just made more bank on those same Pokémon games in a ridiculously shorter time. 

and now they have launched the Lite... they can release more handheld focused titles at 60 dollars a pop and no one would blink an eye. 

This 3rd quarter was the best quarter Nintendo has had since 2009 which was the peak year for Wii + DS. For Switch alone to match that revenue and profits wise means it was definitely worth the merger....no caveats needed. 

Holy fucking shit :mj: 

Gouko's logic is sound.

Sony...............RETREATED..........from a video game platform in order to put all their resources on just one platform.

How is that statement not 100% accurate.

That's exactly what Nintendo did.

The rest that is being argued is just semantics.

"But its a console"........it doesn't matter.

Sony was trying to support TWO platforms.

Nintendo was trying to support TWO platforms.

Sony retreated and concentrated on ONE platform.

Nintendo retreated and concentrated on ONE platform.

How is that not completely accurate?

Sony's one platform sold great.

Nintendo's one platform sold even greater.

35 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

.. lol 

This is jerry go round material.

You made the thread about hardware sales and it compared to PS4 and everything else and I made a note about how this gen is unique because it is the first time in Nintendo's history that we aren't tracking hardware for both Handheld AND console because they literally created a Hybrid system. How dense can you be. It's not just about developer teams and resources and anything. I'm talking that they literally merged the two division into a single piece of hardware. The switch is the next 3DS and the next Wii U. So it sets a new paradigm in which to track Nintendo hardware data because those two very different markets are now one.  

So yeah, caveat very much needed when tracking the first ever instance of a situation in Nintendo's history

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Remij_ said:

and no longer serving the market they used to... which Madmal said. :lemming: 

and the PS4 alone would have to make up for the lost revenue of their handheld division that is now merged back into the console division :tom5:

Edited by Goukosan
4 hours ago, madmaltese said:

This is jerry go round material.

You made the thread about hardware sales and it compared to PS4 and everything else and I made a note about how this gen is unique because it is the first time in Nintendo's history that we aren't tracking hardware for both Handheld AND console because they literally created a Hybrid system. How dense can you be. It's not just about developer teams and resources and anything. I'm talking that they literally merged the two division into a single piece of hardware. The switch is the next 3DS and the next Wii U. So it sets a new paradigm in which to track Nintendo hardware data because those two very different markets are now one.  

So yeah, caveat very much needed when tracking the first ever instance of a situation in Nintendo's history

So let's recap, Switch is on pace to surpass 3DS + Wiiu and GBA + GC.  On top of that, Switch's 3rd quarter revenue and profits were the best since the PEAK YEAR of Wii + DS.  Switch ALONE generated that type of cash as the Wii + DS did in its PEAK quarter in 2009.

Seems like Switch is already worth the merger bro :shrug:

5 hours ago, jehurey said:

Sony was trying to support TWO platforms.

Nintendo was trying to support TWO platforms.

Sony retreated and concentrated on ONE platform.

Nintendo retreated and concentrated on ONE platform.

How is that not completely accurate?

Sony's one platform sold great.

Nintendo's one platform sold even greater.

Sony's one platform serves one market

Nintendo's one platform serves two markets

Funny how this was already explained by me, and you chose to ignore it and make yourself look like a complete fucking tool trying to dinglejehurey Gouko LOL :rofls: 

50 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Holy fuck you are stupid :kaz: 

Guess Sony merging the handheld division into the console division wasn't worth it because PS4 isn't matching the console + Handheld numbers.   Maybe they should have kept the handheld division since PS4 can't  seem match both :tom5:

38 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Guess Sony merging the handheld division into the console division wasn't worth it because PS4 isn't matching the console + Handheld numbers.   Maybe they should have kept the handheld division since PS4 can't  seem match both :tom5:

Sales numbers between Nintendo and Sony make no difference to me.  But since numbers mean so much to  you...Sony made more money alone off PSN alone than Nintendo did in its entirety... and that's 1 market vs 2 combined :kaz:

3 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Sales numbers between Nintendo and Sony make no difference to me. 

Now that you got owned with the same logic that you and mad were using "bbbut the merge"..... all of a sudden you don't care.....that's a concession if I ever heard one myself. 

Thanks for playing :tom5:

11 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Now that you got owned with the same logic that you and mad were using "bbbut the merge"..... all of a sudden you don't care.....that's a concession if I ever heard one myself. 

Thanks for playing :tom5:

Huh? :rofls:

Explaining to your dumb ass that merging two divisions on one platform to serve one market =/= merging two divisions one one platform that serves TWO markets.. :drake:

Lmao you're dumb as fuck LOL

49 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Huh? :rofls:

Explaining to your dumb ass that merging two divisions on one platform to serve one market =/= merging two divisions one one platform that serves TWO markets.. :drake:

Lmao you're dumb as fuck LOL

Lmfao.... first your I had to explain to your dumb ass that they both were merged...."bbbut it's not merged" you didn't understand that..... had to explain it to you a over and over and over and literally walk your slow ass through the explanation. :sabu:

Glad you finally understand that.   Now that part is out of the way and your dense ass has finally caught up.  On to the second part. 

Yes the PS4 is serving one market which means Sony is currently less successful with PS4 than they were when they had PS2 + PSP or PS3 + PSP because PS4 has yet to match those totals. :tom5:

37 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Lmfao.... first your I had to explain to your dumb ass that they both were merged...."bbbut it's not merged" you didn't understand that..... had to explain it to you a over and over and over and literally walk your slow ass through the explanation. :sabu:

God you're fucking stupid.  Sony didn't merge their markets... they dropped their handheld market.  Their handheld market  is currently not being served... Nintendo merged both of their markets into a single platform...which still serves BOTH those markets.

Literally the stupidest thing I've ever had to explain to someone at System Wars.. ROFL