Netflix is making a RE series

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

I don't think it can be worse than the movies.

Same people responsible for the movies with a smaller budget, quadruple the runtime, and far less time to develop? Seems pretty easy for it to be worse than the movies.

The only hope is that the guy responsible for Event Horizon was just making shitty schlock at the direction of movie studios for the last two decades and Netflix is going to give him his freedom back.

15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The mansion works for a game but for a 8 hour show, that would be very tough to pull off. They would have to get really creative and come up with a lot of original material. While it could be doable they would really have to invest in some talented writers who also know the series like the back of their hands.

Yeah I get that but having it be character driven here would be the key. They’re going to need to come up with original material anyways since Capcom doesn’t have the best scripts and dialogue to begin with. I could see main plot being done in the mansion and character arcs being fleshed out via flashbacks. A big name actor as Wesker would help the show’s hype too. Sadly, I don’t think any of this will happen. 

"The town of Clearfield, MD has long stood in the shadow of three seemingly unrelated behemoths – the Umbrella Corporation, the decommissioned Greenwood Asylum, and Washington, D.C. Today, twenty-six years after the discovery of the T-Virus, secrets held by the three will start to be revealed at the first signs of outbreak."

That’s the descriptor that popped up on Netflix. 

actually they should stop making movie games etc all together. I'm up for a new clever "zombie"-like tv show. there is so much stuff that can be done but everything gets rehashed :(  

1 hour ago, kaz said:

actually they should stop making movie games etc all together. I'm up for a new clever "zombie"-like tv show. there is so much stuff that can be done but everything gets rehashed :(  

Its not exactly unique but have you seen Black Summer? They do some cool things in that show.

6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Its not exactly unique but have you seen Black Summer? They do some cool things in that show.

thanks, watched a trailer, looks good actually. 

• 3 years later...