Trials of Mana gameplay trailer PS4 Switch PC

9 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I can't decide. Chrono Trigger UE4 style remake like this or Octopath engine remake.

That's a tough one.  But I think I might prefer the Octopath style for a Chrono Trigger Remake, but with higher quality pixel art and way more frames of animation.

Something like this on OPT style backgrounds:

58F0A18BB95CFDBE419D546F10B5A41D6714227D

Edited by Remij_
10 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

That's a tough one.  But I think I might prefer the Octopath style for a Chrono Trigger Remake, but with higher quality pixel art and way more frames of animation.

Something like this on OPT style backgrounds:

58F0A18BB95CFDBE419D546F10B5A41D6714227D

Or they could just make a new Chrono game all together. :meh:

The original is already a masterpiece that still holds up well. The only thing that could be improved is fully orchestrating the soundtrack. Otherwise, it's about as close to perfect as a game there is.

Oh man these games are always complete dog shit. Give up now. I always keep saying this is it, mana is back, but they’re always garbage at least for like the last 5 games. I think that trailer is mediocre and the final game I’m sure will be even worse 

21 minutes ago, Delita said:

Oh man these games are always complete dog shit. Give up now. I always keep saying this is it, mana is back, but they’re always garbage at least for like the last 5 games. I think that trailer is mediocre and the final game I’m sure will be even worse 

Seinken Densetsu 3 is a top tier RPG for SNES with FFVI and Chrono Trigger. :|

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Seinken Densetsu 3 is a top tier RPG for SNES with FFVI and Chrono Trigger. :|

Dude I’m not arguing that. I agree with you (well I don’t think that highly of it) but what I’m saying is all the new mana games on ps2,PS3 and PS4 have been fucking awful. That’s why I said I keep wanting to believe mana is back but each time they are horrible 

2 minutes ago, Delita said:

Dude I’m not arguing that. I agree with you (well I don’t think that highly of it) but what I’m saying is all the new mana games on ps2,PS3 and PS4 have been fucking awful. That’s why I said I keep wanting to believe mana is back but each time they are horrible 

I've never tried any of the new ones so I guess I'm just more excited it's finally coming stateside for the first time ever. I played the translated SNES version on an emulator like 15 years ago.

1 hour ago, Ike said:

In b4 Kaz whines :ben:

Looks awesome. Square should have an amazing year with this, FFVII, and Bravely Default 2. :aitch:

sorry, it just looks bad, for someone who played the original to death and knows every possible class progression it looks really dumb. Why is hawk purple by default? It was a class colour change in the original.

but that's not why I hate it, new skills to learn even for non caster might be cool, but the 3d setting ruins it for me. Should've kept it top down, but then again the first som remake was garbage too. 

glad you acknowledge my whining :ben:  i think i can stop now, i will never accept this "regarbo'd" :scared: 

39 minutes ago, Delita said:

wrong. :scust:   secret of mana and 2 for snes are godlike games. timeless classics. and they should've left it alone. 

My character in FFXIV is named after my favourite boss in som2 and some people noticed :glad: 

18 minutes ago, kaz said:

sorry, it just looks bad, for someone who played the original to death and knows every possible class progression it looks really dumb. Why is hawk purple by default? It was a class colour change in the original.

but that's not why I hate it, new skills to learn even for non caster might be cool, but the 3d setting ruins it for me. Should've kept it top down, but then again the first som remake was garbage too. 

glad you acknowledge my whining :ben:  i think i can stop now, i will never accept this "regarbo'd" :scared: 

wrong. :scust:   secret of mana and 2 for snes are godlike games. timeless classics. and they should've left it alone. 

My character in FFXIV is named after my favourite boss in som2 and some people noticed :glad: 

Nah, this will be fun and own. :glad:

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Nah, this will be fun and own. :glad:

yeah, its just my opinion. hope you will enjoy it. I might try it in a few years but I doubt it could ever possibly beat the ogs. And I would play the som remake first and that looks even worse than 2. :scust:

1 hour ago, Delita said:

trials = sd3

3 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

trials = sd3

Right. But their past remakes don’t fill me full of confidence. Their secret of mana (SD2) remake 2 years ago I was looking forward to but it turned out to be awful

7 minutes ago, Delita said:

Right. But their past remakes don’t fill me full of confidence. Their secret of mana (SD2) remake 2 years ago I was looking forward to but it turned out to be awful

forgot abou that. did that even get a physical release

Just now, Quad Damage said:

forgot abou that. did that even get a physical release

apparently it did, since aza played it. but damn does it look awful :D  i recommended to throw it in the trash but he wouldnt listen 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, kaz said:

apparently it did, since aza played it. but damn does it look awful :D  i recommended to throw it in the trash but he wouldnt listen 

This is from the Secret of Mana remake on PS4 released in 2018:

81lMQk65+yL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This is from Trials of Mana:

ss_58df5f127b88c54b54e49924ce9e631a3e746

Trials looks way better quality.