Ori and the Will of the Wisps GameSpot review - 8

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/ori-and-the-will-of-the-wisps-review-light-on-your/1900-6417425/     an 8.0 indie sidescroller   thats literally a dime a dozen game    

Hey win 10 fam, we just matched your GOTG   https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/pokemon-mystery-dungeon-rescue-team-dx-review/1900-6417424/       8.0!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1151640/Horizon_Zero_Dawn_Complete_Edition/  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Remij_ said:

You seem to have a hard time understand that the game isn't 2D.

And the answer is that those Jaguar cores are getting hammered hard with physics (literally everything in the environment reacts to movement).. as well as streaming in assets.  It's not well optimized.

There's something weird going on because there's multiple sequences which are like minded as the ones that drop and they're at a perfect 60 FPS. I don't think it's really stressing the hardware, it does seem like they kind of had a deadline and had to get it out. They delayed the game for two years, it had to release. I assume all of this will be fixed on the back end, but more than that with the Series X coming out it will be fixed by brute force alone. 

49 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

There's something weird going on because there's multiple sequences which are like minded as the ones that drop and they're at a perfect 60 FPS. I don't think it's really stressing the hardware, it does seem like they kind of had a deadline and had to get it out. They delayed the game for two years, it had to release. I assume all of this will be fixed on the back end, but more than that with the Series X coming out it will be fixed by brute force alone. 

Well, I'm basing that off how hard the game pushing my CPU on my PC.  Sure my performance is great, but this game hovers at 50-70% cpu utilization across all cores.  The original was like 15-20%.  So it's definitely doing more.  I think the studio did have a strict deadline.  What leads me to believe it is not even the performance issues, but all the bugs the game has.  It all points to them pushing until it was too late and MS told them, get this fucking game out there.  Maybe they got too ambitious with the amount of ideas and combat and took far too long trying to balance the game and cut into the QA time.  

Thomas Mahler basically made it sound like the original XO was the was that wasn't optimized properly yet, but the fact is that the performance issues were there on X too and bugs across all 3 versions which you would have never expected after how solid the original game was.

The game still did amazingly and it sounds like it sold extremely well so far.  But they definitely deserve some of the criticism they're getting.

Edited by Remij_
5 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Well, I'm basing that off how hard the game pushing my CPU on my PC.  Sure my performance is great, but this game hovers at 50-70% cpu utilization across all cores.  The original was like 15-20%.  So it's definitely doing more.  I think the studio did have a strict deadline.  What leads me to believe it is not even the performance issues, but all the bugs the game has.  It all points to them pushing until it was too late and MS told them, get this fucking game out there.  Maybe they got too ambitious with the amount of ideas and combat and took far too long trying to balance the game and cut into the QA time.  

Thomas Mahler basically made it sound like the original XO was the was that wasn't optimized properly yet, but the fact is that the performance issues were there on X too and bugs across all 3 versions which you would have never expected after how solid the original game was.

The game still did amazingly and it sounds like it sold extremely well so far.  But they definitely deserve some of the criticism they're getting.

I wouldn't say this game pushes CPU much more than a million other games out there. Its actually pretty light. At 60fps I haven't seen anything over 25 percent, and its usually around 15. At 180fps ive not seen it go above 50, and usually between 30 and 40. A ton of PC games push my CPU much more at 60fps. The Xbox version just needs more work. I wouldn't say its unplayable but its a bad look, especially considering how well MS 1st party games tend to run.

I just completed the water tower part and damn this game is gorgeous :juggle: