Resident Evil 3 is better than Resident Evil 2

8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I never really cared for mercenary modes in any of the RE games.  I'm just a straight campaign kind of guy... but yea I can see how that's the case for many people.  

RE5's mercenaries was so damn good. In the case of RE3make, its unfortunate Capcom funded that piece of junk Resistance game. Prob was enough money to make Mercenaries instead, and would have resulted in higher review scores too. 

Resistance is fucking garbage and RE3 is 100 times better. :lul:

edit:

- Terrible netcode

- terrible hit detection

- melee attacks miss and feel like ass

- inventory system is a pain in the ass to use compared to say RE5

- objectives arent clear for new players

- map player icons are too big and obscure too much

- big time balance problems. for example, a mastermind is able to make the security guard zombie just run away and force the survivors to chase it down, wasting dozens of seconds if not minutes.

All around bad game with some good ideas.

Edited by Guest
4 minutes ago, モンキー said:

Resistance is fucking garbage and RE3 is 100 times better. :lul:

edit:

- Terrible netcode

- terrible hit detection

- melee attacks miss and feel like ass

- inventory system is a pain in the ass to use compared to say RE5

- objectives arent clear for new players

- map player icons are too big and obscure too much

- big time balance problems. for example, a mastermind is able to make the security guard zombie just run away and force the survivors to chase it down, wasting dozens of seconds if not minutes.

All around bad game with some good ideas.

half of those are due to lag which i admit can be annoying depending on the host's connection. The inventory is fine, in fact i think it adds tension when you have to quickly equip a weapon or grenade when one of the special enemies is on your tail.

There is a learning curve, but it only took me about 2 hours before I had a complete grasp of the mechanics.

The map one is a minor nitpick

The balance is generally fine given how much is going on. The example you mentioned is just part of the game's design, in fact its a clever way to throw the survivors off. The shittiest thing I did see is that on one map the mastermind managed to plop down that giant plant monster right up against a doorway so once you tried to opened it you'd immediately get pinned between it and the monster which sucked. Thats something they will hopefully patch.

TL;DR version: git gud :cat:

Yeah you're just making excuses for a bad game. I give it couple weeks before it's completely dead.

edit: and no, even with no lag the melee and shooting would feel like complete ass lol. This game screams D-rate dev. 

Edited by Guest
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

To be fair I probably would have liked RE3 more if I hadn't played Daymare beforehand. It made me go in with unrealistic expectations.

ffs nobody is ever gonna play this garbo, stop advertising. :D  

Technically speaking, the RE2 remake is definitely the better game.

But at times I think I'm enjoying RE3 more, simply because I found Mr. X to be annoying af, meanwhile Nemesis sequences are cool.

Still the level design, puzzles and resources management are definitely inferior in RE3.