Trials of Mana has very good PS4/Switch sales in Japan

02./00. [PS4] Trials of Mana # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2020.04.24} (¥5.980) - 80.383 / NEW
03./00. [NSW] Trials of Mana # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2020.04.24} (¥5.980) - 70.114 / NEW

Hope this means more SNES era remasters.

Reviewers complaining a 90s JRPG feels old school. :|:D 

Honestly those numbers aren’t great but I think those only track physical. If anything Square is going to focus more on making them look like FFVII Remake. 

1 minute ago, Ike said:

I agree. A Chrono Trigger or FFVI remake with that style would be amazing. 

If it was done properly, in that form, it could possibly dethrone FF7 as my top RPG of all time.

But SquareEnix undoubtedly would fuck up the game no matter what graphical style it has... so I hope they leave it alone.  :francis: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

If it was done properly, in that form, it could possibly dethrone FF7 as my top RPG of all time.

But SquareEnix undoubtedly would fuck up the game no matter what graphical style it has... so I hope they leave it alone.  :francis: 

Yeah I doubt Square ever touches Chrono Trigger. I can definitely see them doing something with FFVI in the future though. 

10 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah I doubt Square ever touches Chrono Trigger. I can definitely see them doing something with FFVI in the future though. 

I think they'll try something with FF6 eventually.. and again, Octopath style for that game would be amazing.  Though I'm sure an FF6 remake would be similar in style to FF7 remake, or like this Trials of Mana remake.  Not every "remake" needs to be a lavish full 3d production with insane cinematics and stuff like that.  Rather like we seem to be wanting here...remakes in a style such as Octopath Traveler where you get beautiful pixel art style with the modern advances in technology... widescreen support, new redesigned UIs and improved CGI cutscenes.

THAT is what I'm wanting these days.  The costs and time it takes to develop productions like FF7R are simply too long.. and the payoff isn't guaranteed.

What Square SIMPLY needs to do... is show these classic games RESPECT... and just put a little effort into remaking them to be visually pleasing and modern with voice acting and improved cutscenes.  And of course... playable on systems people have and continuing forward.

Edited by Remij_
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Octopath's visuals are so overrated

octopath_traveler_prequel_mobile.jpg?res

You guys seriously want SE to remake FF6 and make it look like this? seriously?

It looks amazing. :| 

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

:D Im all for unique art styles but the game has very little visual appeal. In fact a FF6 remake with those visuals would be insulting, why even remake it in the first place....

Fuck off... the game looks great :drake: 

This is how Square treats FF6 these days... and you're saying a remake with Octopath quality visuals would be insulting?

p1_2078525_141c3f86.jpg

Sorry man.... but I'm not waiting another 10+ years for them to trickle out FF6 in 4 or 5 parts which they'll just fuck up trying to make it an action game.

Remake it like Octopath, remake it like the PS1 FF games... or don't.

3 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Hope this means more SNES era remasters.

see that's how i spot non-gamers like aza. they want perfectly fine games ruined :mjcry: