Mafia remaster rumours likely true

If the rumors about the original 2K Czech developer having to cut alot, alot of stuff of Mafia 2 is true, who knows if this remaster may put that stuff back into the game.

Because I must say, Mafia 2 really is a fairly barren open world, a remaster for that game doesn't make much sense unless they are doing something else to it.

If its part of a 3-game package for $40-$50, then I can see them being simple remasters (Mafia 1 would need to be remade on a new game engine).

Mafia 1 was incredible when it released but I doubt it will have the sane impact today. Mafia 3 has fantastic story and characters, cutscenes. But the gameplay loop gets repetitious fast. What saves it imo is it’s gun play which imo is the best of its kind for this type of game 

If you have Mafia II on Steam, I believe that they are giving you the Definitive Edition upgrade for free.

And sure enough, I just checked my Steam library, and my library now lists "Mafia II (classic)" as one listing, and then right beneath it is "Mafia II Definitive Edition"

And when you install that one, it will have the DLC included in that.  i never played the DLC, I wonder if it will remember my save file, and I can just go straight to the DLC.

Also, for Mafia 3. The DLC episodes are now free. Free on PSN, I can verify that because I purchased them for $0. They don't appear to be listed on Steam anymore as DLC you can buy, so I think they're free as well.

My problem is that I played Mafia 3 on my PC like back in 2017 or so.......but I downloaded the files "somewhere" else. Shockingly easy. I feel like finding the files so that I can see if I can get ahold of the DLC files to play those.

And lastly, Mafia 1 Remake cost $40 by itself.  They're selling the Mafia Trilogy as $50 (on sale) to $60. That's because most of the cost is Mafia 1.