How much would to pay annually to have a full subscription service?

Subscriptions   

4 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay?

• Nothing - don’t like the model.
    • $100 a year or less
    • $100-$200
    • $200-$300
    • $300-$400
    • $400+

I really like the idea of Gamepass / EA Access and would vastly prefer to pay yearly on something like that if all games were included. 

the question is - how much would you pay? I would gladly pay $200 a year which breaks down to 3ish full priced games. Not sure if that would be enough, tho...so I’d go up to $300 probably. How much would you pay?

Edited by ghostz
2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

If EVERY game was playable day 1? I’d happily pay $300-400 a year for that on MS or Sony consoles. 

I think we will eventually get there. Like, I have no idea how EA makes money off EA Access for $30 a year, they’re assuming you wouldn’t even buy a single game from them I guess. 

ie if I spend $30 for the year starting now, I get full access to madden 20 and madden 21, saving me $90. throw in NHL and a few other random games...I’m saving a shit ton

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

I think we will eventually get there. Like, I have no idea how EA makes money off EA Access for $30 a year, they’re assuming you wouldn’t even buy a single game from them I guess. 

ie if I spend $30 for the year starting now, I get full access to madden 20 and madden 21, saving me $90. throw in NHL and a few other random games...I’m saving a shit ton

The problem is how do you split that amount, no matter what it is with literally hundreds of developers. Would be an impossible task, hence every major publisher having their own sub model atm 

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

The problem is how do you split that amount, no matter what it is with literally hundreds of developers. Would be an impossible task, hence every major publisher having their own sub model atm 

Yeah I agree and am not sure how it would work for devs. I’d still pay it if all games went to the sub after 3-4 months, tho. 

Edited by ghostz
Just now, ghostz said:

Yeah I agree and am not sure how it would work for devs. I’d still pay it if all games went to the sub after 3-4 months, tho. 

Yeah same. Only handful of major first party titles that I really want day 1 usually, rest I’m happy to wait. 

5 minutes ago, ghostz said:

You have to wait like 6 months after a game comes out to get it on EA access. It's not day 1 like MS games on Gamepass.

14 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Imagine if every game playable on Xbox was under the game pass 

That would probably cost a lot more than the average person would pay . I'd probably top out at 50 a month for that . But it would never be that low .

5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

You have to wait like 6 months after a game comes out to get it on EA access. It's not day 1 like MS games on Gamepass.

Right, still worth it imo tho. Like if you spent the 30 now you’d still get the full versions of both years, tho you’d only get 10 hours of the new madden for a few months until fully released 

5 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

That would probably cost a lot more than the average person would pay . I'd probably top out at 50 a month for that . But it would never be that low .

Well that would be 600 a year, and I doubt people (on average) buy 10 games a year 

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

Well that would be 600 a year, and I doubt people (on average) buy 10 games a year 

yeah its a scenario that wouldn't ever happen.  But if it was offered , 50 a month for literally every game release I think a lot of people would bite. 

If that were to happen tho it would probably cost more like 300 a month lol 

$0, I'd just rather buy my games than use a sub. Plus, the content is just expected to be perpetually releasing new shit every month. The quality would suffer. Gamepass is an example. Sure, they have good stuff but most of that is just legacy games. The new shit has been average at best.

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

$0, I'd just rather buy my games than use a sub. Plus, the content is just expected to be perpetually releasing new shit every month. The quality would suffer. Gamepass is an example. Sure, they have good stuff but most of that is just legacy games. The new shit has been average at best.

Like ori and gears tactics ? 

I don't like subscriptions. I usually buy games cheap and complete with DLC anyway, I don't see a reason why I should play games on day 1.