The CPU I plan to choose for my upcoming build

13 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

It's not the hardware, it's just Gigabyte makes terrible software.   I would gone with a MSI MEG

What software?  I don't use chipset bloatware shit to control my board, so I doubt that would be an issue.

Like I said... I'm not spending huge amounts on a higher end motherboard.  The MSI MEG x570 boards are...... $1000 in Canada right now :drake: 

Edited by Remij_
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

turd thread. black lives matter.

I decided to jump the gun, and give myself something to play current games on Ultra settings at 1080, and with a 120hz screen.   I can't really complain about the laptop itself - well apart

should run Switch games perfectly enhanced, day 1 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Only software I use is XTU, to undervolt the CPU and reduce the temps on my CPU.

I've never used software from motherboard manufacturers to control shit like the fans or whatever else.  That shit is garbage no matter which you go with. :scust: 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

What software?  I don't use chipset bloatware shit to control my board, so I doubt that would be an issue.

Meanwhile..

g.png

g1.png

YIKES at those MSI temps :holeup:

The board you ordered and the MSI board in the graph are Tier III boards, the MSI MEG is a Tier I board, it's rated better than both. 

Suit yourself.   I favor MSI brand greatly as I been using their motherboards since the Socket 939 and they never disappointed me, their UEFI is great and their OS software offer a great selection of tools to work with and monitor your hardware.    

I bought a 990FX Gigabyte board and I was literally doing this :holeup:  at it's UEFI and it's OS apps.  They pale in comparison to MSI.

Edited by The Mother Fucker

also you can easily mount a fan right behind your VRM stack to get better temps. I'm doing that right now with my MSI X399 SLI Plus so I could keep my 2990WX Threadripper OC at 4.0GHz stable.   

I'm going to replace this board out with the beefier stacked X399 MEG Creation I have on hand.  Waiting on MSI to ship out those MAG Core Liquid 360R AIOs so I could do my completely Threadripper rig hardware update.  B) 

Just now, The Mother Fucker said:

The board you ordered and the MSI board in the graph are Tier III boards, the MSI MEG is a Tier I board, it's rated better than both. 

Suit yourself.   I favor MSI brand greatly as I been using their motherboards since the Socket 939 and they never disappointed me, their UEFI is great and their OS software is offer a great selection of tools to work with and monitor your hardware.    

I bought a 990FX Gigabyte board and I was literally doing this :holeup:  at it's UEFI and it's OS apps.  They pal in comparison to MSI.

I realized I posted a different board.  So I edited those pics out.

Nothing wrong with liking MSI, but for one, my options are limited right now because most boards are out of stock and/or extremely over priced as I said earlier, and the fact that I personally will never buy a high end motherboard again.  The luxury shit is stuff that I don't need, so I'd rather save money on the motherboard and put it into other things like the GPU, or peripherals and whatever else.

Eh, the UEFI is fine on the new Gigabyte boards.  Nobody gave a shit about AM3+ lmao, Intel was completely dominating and of course motherboard vendors put their effort where the money was.  Now that Ryzen is hot, the UEFI isn't an issue on AMD boards.  And again, I'll never use chipset apps from motherboard manufacturers lmao.  They are ALL garbage.

Well if you haven't tried MSI you don't know what you are missing. 

With Gigabyte I had no choice but to  use 3rd party apps and they were pretty much a wack compromise.  

Funny thing is their premium Aorus brand they provide somewhat okay GPU software.  I use the Aorus Engine on my GTX 1660 Ti all the time.    

• Like 1