It’s telling that PC Gamer just had a 2 hour long PC gaming show

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did they show the new train simulator for Adrian ?    Pc gaming ROOOOOFL

Also, the Hermits are playing Persona 4 Golden atm       21K concurrent players on P4G within 6h of the games release     Sea of Thieves all-time new peak too ~60K  

Spending $700 on a video card to play console games  

Posted Images

Its no surprise remij loves seeing PS4 games like Horizon being announced for PC.

Because the reality is, that if not for those ports, PC would simply NEVER have any games that are on that level visually. That applies now and will apply in the future for Horizon 2 and any other PS5 games that may be ported over.

This is simply 100% factual.

9 minutes ago, Substatic said:

I don't get what the problem here is. All of XB games are multiplats now as well. 

If PC has 400 playable high scoring games and system P has 300 high scoring playable games, what does it matter?

You seem like your making up arbitrary reasons as to why PC didn't win Gen 8 and doesn't have the best library this gen.  Also PC's most played genres are exclusive genres or made on PC first....(BR/MOBA/MMO)

By the way this whole trend of XB and PS giving PC it's games  (but not to each other) is increasing, so expect PC to win next gen as well. With bigger margins.

Post in game direct feeds. Not a 600x200 gif. I gave you a list of PC games that look far better.

Why are you using UC4 when there are better looking games on XBX.

P.S. I'm holding back, bigly. if I include Nintendo Emulation you're fucked. PC goes from by far best, to "eat shit and die."

The games you posted don't compare at all visually. And unlike you, i've played UC4 on PS4 AND i've played the best looking multiplats of the last few years on PC.

11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The games you posted don't compare at all visually.  

Are you fucking kidding me, lmao.

Each end of year video of Digital Foundry after UC4 says a new game(s) are now the best looking. Not UC4 still. No one ever mentioned UC4 each subsequent year after it came out. A quick look at any direct-feed gameplay UC4 shot will show you why. The ONLY PS4 game they ever nut-hugged was HZD, but only the year it came out. It was surpassed as well - and it'll look best on PC anyway.

Control PC: a vision for the future of real-time rendering?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-control-pc-a-vision-for-next-gen-rendering

11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

That's your opinion, and a highly contrarian one at that.

PC was gfx king this gen, and it will be gfx king next gen.  Don't be a crazy Cow. With how behind PS5 tech is, I wouldn't expect any game in the top 10. PS4 has 2 this gen.

Edited by Substatic
8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Its no surprise remij loves seeing PS4 games like Horizon being announced for PC.

BTW i'm glad you moved the goal post from library to gfx (another losing arguement) after you lost that debate.

MC/GS citation was too strong. So you've veered to something a bit more "subjective".

Edited by Substatic
16 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

DISCO Elysium - 8 Months ago. 

Half Life Alyx - 3 months ago. 

Recently he says :lawl:

:| 

3 months ago for a AAA isn't recent?

LOL... I guess Cows are still waiting because TLOU2 isn't :mj: 

13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Because the reality is, that if not for those ports, PC would simply NEVER have any games that are on that level visually. That applies now and will apply in the future for Horizon 2 and any other PS5 games that may be ported over.

You sound like a fucking fanboy kid LITERALLY... THAT'S why I love seeing games like Horizon announced for PC... it literally fucking makes you sob because "PC cannat has gfx liek dis oderwiez :cry:"

:mj: 

Tons of 3rd party games compete with Sony's games... .and dude... no fucking shit... developers that are owned, and games that cost MILLIONS which are created to sell hardware look the best... err no shit :lemming: 

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Control lol....have fun using your cutting edge PC to play slightly better looking multiplats (like everyone else uses it for) while you wait for the next game on the level of Crysis

Nah. I'll take having  far more GFX KING contenders, exponentially better online,  and having substantially more AAA/AA (yes, that also includes more big budget titles - so you can't even cry about Indies anymore).   Gaming is my hobby, so I'd rather not bullshit skimp on it.   Asking someone to give up on better gfx, much higher fps, and almost a hundred more high scoring games just for 3 or 4 non-gamer movie games after 8 years is demented.

Also according to DF (and eyes) it's not "slightly" for most of this gens best games. 

Edited by Substatic
7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Control lol....have fun using your cutting edge PC to play slightly better looking multiplats (like everyone else uses it for) while you wait for the next game on the level of Crysis

Says the fuckhead who says bubu diminishing returnz :lemming: 

Sounds like you should be worried about Sony not being able to better themselves much past their competition... since you believe that's a thing :drake: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Says the fuckhead who says bubu diminishing returnz :lemming: 

Sounds like you should be worried about Sony not being able to better themselves much past their competition... since you believe that's a thing :drake: 

Imagine if there were PC exclusive games built for all those $500 video cards people have. Diminishing returns would be less of a factor  :yeshrug:

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Imagine if there were PC exclusive games built for all those $500 video cards people have. Diminishing returns would be less of a factor  :yeshrug:

They would look the same....... BECAUSE THEY ARE CONSTRAINED BY BUDGETS YOU DUMB FUCK... :drake: 

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Unless it's a genre that doesn't work well on controllers (most rts/moba/mmo/tbs/sim) there is no reason not to put the game on consoles as well. It's profit and not in competition.....

IT's the same reason PC gets the most games from the other way around....

You're confused in terms of the state of the industry.

Edited by Substatic
5 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Nah. I'll take having  far more GFX KING contenders, exponentially better online,  and having substantially more AAA/AA (yes, that also includes more big budget titles - so you can't even cry about Indies anymore).   Gaming is my hobby, so I'd rather not bullshit skimp on it.   Asking someone to give up on better gfx, much higher fps, and almost a hundred more high scoring games just for 3 or 4 non-gamer movie games after 8 years is demented.

Also according to DF (and eyes) it's not "slightly" for most of this gens best games. 

You are such a blind fanboy :D I like how you can no longer actually call them AAAE/AAEs like in the past, because the days of PC getting exclusives in that range are over.

30 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You are such a blind fanboy :D  

Counting a flat 8+ scoring tally like we have done at the end of every Gen is being a blind fanboy?...........

That's literally the purest form of library wars. No made up rules. No caveats. No fanboy bullshit where you exclude a game that was only on 2 systems. Which system had the most high scoring titles, very simple. As unbiased as it gets.

I think you're losing your mind or something. Are you trolling? Add as many arbitrary non-real life effecting rules you want, PC won with a huge margin. You can live in some fake world where "console exclusives" that are playable on PC suddenly don't count all you want. That's never going to be a thing in real life. These are actual games on the system.

Edited by Substatic
3 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Unless it's a genre that doesn't work well on controllers (most rts/moba/mmo/tbs/sim) there is no reason not to put the game on consoles as well. It's profit and not in competition.....

IT's the same reason PC gets the most games from the other way around....

You're confused in terms of the state of the industry.

Except the only games in those genres still being made are on consoles. The only exception is MOBAs

Every other game is being made for consoles, or is being reworked to support controllers.

Remember strategy games like World in Conflict or Company of Heroes? When was the last time PC got a game like that? Those were actually 2 of my favorite PC games.

Theres nothing to look forward to on PC anymore except multiplats. It lacks the killer apps that people buy Switches, PS4s, and other consoles for.

@Twinblade Like dude... think about it..

If devs had unlimited time and budget... and didn't have to worry about a certain install base... you could get these visuals on PC..

Look at that shit... the rocks... that DEMOLISHES anything on consoles.... Why??  Because to build a game with assets like that, and which animates equally as well, and is voice acted and motion captured... costs TIME AND MONEY...

Any developer would have a problem reaching those visuals for a AAA game....  It's not realistic yet.  That's why you have AAA games coming to multiple platforms and more multiplats than ever before... because devs and pubs can't afford to build these games and only hit a fraction of the overall gamer market.... If they're putting in $200-$300 MILLION.. they want a HUGE return... because it's RISKY...  Sony and MS can afford to do this.... and DO do this... because their platform DEPENDS ON THOSE GAMES to push sales....

So a developer with a typical budget isn't going to be able to outclass Naughty Dog and their animators...  Naughty Dogs detail and animations and cinematics come from having access to FILM level motion capture and the ability to have hundreds of artists working on it.

So the reason you're not seeing Crysis level jumps on PC... is because NO developer can afford to make a game like that and only sell to ONE platform....  You yourself are complaining that Horizon 2 barely looks much better than the original.... Is it a hardware thing?  LMAO no... it's fucking TIME and BUDGET...  So PC doesn't need exclusives on that level... devs and pubs will have no choice but to hit more markets... and thus... PC releases..

Except the only games in those genres still being made are on consoles. The only exception is MOBAs

Every other game is being made for consoles, or is being reworked to support controllers.

Remember strategy games like World in Conflict or Company of Heroes? When was the last time PC got a game like that? Those were actually 2 of my favorite PC games.

1. And many of games in those genres are still excursive on PC. You missed the "most" part.

2. So? And even more console games are being made for PC. XB has no exclusives. PS hand a handful.  Welcome to the gaming industry.

3. PC still gets exclusive TBS/RTS/MMO/MOBA.

Theres nothing to look forward to on PC anymore except multiplats. It lacks the killer apps that people buy Switches, PS4s, and other consoles for.

Theres nothing to look forward to PC except for getting the most games. What a great problem to have. More than any other system. AAA/AA. Indy or Big Budget.

What is the problem here? How is this a bad thing?  Also why didn't you list XBX? Do MS exclusives not exist? Why are you living in an arbitrary pretend world where games that are only on PC and XB do not get counted in library lists?

You have to literally make up internet rules that have 0 real life basis to pretend PC is bad, when it's getting more great games than ever because Sony and MS love it.

Edited by Substatic