It’s telling that PC Gamer just had a 2 hour long PC gaming show

27 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Will you continue to ignore PC won Gen8 according to old SW, Side-Scroller, SW2, and this SW  meta-game standards?  You lost the factual argument on library numbers, and now you've moved on to subjective arguments. As expected. 

I want you to know you lost that debate before we continue down these goal post moves. Kind of tired of goal post moving by you. Lost on library lost on gfx, now you're on to this fuzzy "bu bu exclusive GOTY!" BS.

Having stated those facts, let me indulge your bullshit:

1. No system will get a shooter on those levels. That's a gaming industry issue. Either way, controller with fps = lol. Low fps with FPS  = lol. Scumbag.

2. PC still gets great RTS/TBS, that is your opinion.

3. No system will ever get a MMO on the level of WoW, but Legion was pretty fucking good. Still an opinion. Industry issue.

4. The industry changed, PC isn't part of the direct competition. It's its own beast (with the highest revenue). It doesn't get exclusives made for it alone as there is no reason for the developer to keep the game on PC, on the flip side it gets most of PS4 and XBs games and those 2 system barely get exclusives (% wise) as there is no reason not to give their games to PC. It's a trade off that has resulted in PC getting the largest gen total library ever. Does the gamer care if his game can be played on 1 or 2 other systems, or that he gets the most and best version of games?

5.  ^See the above.

6. Why are you lying. PC multiplats get more bells and whistles than ever before. The PC version of multiplats are literally the best they've ever been, they used to be broken as fuck. This is golden era stuff. Fuck off liar.

7. The 2020 XB and PS events WERE PC events....almost all of thier games were played on PC you dolt. This is what I'm talking about, PC traded exclusives (apart from mmo,rts,tbs,sim) for a fuckton of raw games. Which is better for the gamer.

8. Don't bring up MC, PC has over a 100 game lead vs. the second next system for Gen8. You suck at this.

9. The industry changed, PC isn't part of the competition. It doesn't get exclusives, on the flip side it gets most of PS4 and XBs games and those 2 system now barely get exclusives (% wise). It's a trade off that has resulted in the most AAA/AA totals in history for a system (PC).

*10. Why are you ignoring the fact PC has by far the best online? There isn't as many active or competitive games on consoles, and the esports scenes are essentially dead in comparison. Much smaller communities and streamers as well.

The glory days of PC are now bigger than ever, which is why it has the most gaming software and gaming hardware revenue than any other system (2-3x more than each). It now gets special treatment, being given the most high scoring and big budget games than it ever received in history. Many of these are not ports, the ones that are have special features and are significantly better on it. 

According to Digital Foundry these games are not identical most of the time. This is a flat out lie, and I can only imagine you have eye problems. 

There is no soul to console gaming. I remember when XB had exclusives. I remember when more than 5% of PS library was exclusive. Now they all go to PC and are MUCH better played on PC. All while PC retains it's own awesome exclusives in near exclusive genres while being THE bastion for online gaming, with the best gfx and performance. 

Dude, you're a blind fanboy sticking to old ass ideals to simply aren't relevant anymore.

1.like saying controllers are a joke for FPSs. Have you not played a FPS in the past 10 years? They're almost all designed around controllers, and in some cases feel better with one. Almost every multiplat FPS i've played on PC, i've opted to use a controller over KBM. And im pretty sure thats been the same with many other people, except maybe hardcore hermits like yourself who are still living in the past.

2. Once again you fail to name a single example. CoH has a 93 metacritic, I doubt PC will ever get another strategy game like that

3. You can't be sure about this. But what I am sure is that Blizzard is now a multiplatform developer, so if does happen you bet your ass its going to be on all consoles.

The rest is either speculation or you desperately bringing up old excuses that were already used ages ago.

Regardless, you still can't deny that PC has no heavy hitter exclusives anymore, which is what the argument was originally about. Let me know when it gets another game on the level of Uncharted 4, God of War, or TLOU2 and can stand proudly on metacritic along side them.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did they show the new train simulator for Adrian ?    Pc gaming ROOOOOFL

Also, the Hermits are playing Persona 4 Golden atm       21K concurrent players on P4G within 6h of the games release     Sea of Thieves all-time new peak too ~60K  

Spending $700 on a video card to play console games  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

bubu the glory days :mj: 

Dude, listen to yourself...  You're living in a world where THERES NO XBOX EXCLUSIVES anymore, and SONY EXCLUSIVE GAMES ARE COMING TO PC....

The FACT... is that games cost too much to make... and if you're going to make a game for PC... you might as well make it for consoles as well.  How fucking stupid can you be? 

Remember when consoles used to have bespoke hardware and were ACTUALLY DIFFERENT from each other and PCs?  Now they are "soul-less" mid ranged PCs at best which can't and don't do anything unique.  Still taking visual techniques first implemented on PC, getting them years later... and they perform worse...  Remember when developers used to create specific versions of a multiplat game that took advantage and was tailored to that specific hardware?  Yea... it doesn't happen anymore because all the devices run the same fucking code...

LMAO you attempting to make a point about a lack of games "on the level of" past games... when I can say the exact same fucking thing about consoles... LOL

-When are we going to get another Mario 64 level jump?

-Another Golden eye?

-Another MGS2 level improvement?

-Another GTA3 level jump?

-Another Halo level FPS which takes the world by storm?

ect....

God you're fucking DUMB dude lmao... Let me ask you a question.  You named a LOT of influential games there..... but what SONY first party game has ever been influential?  LOL I'll wait...  Yes... Sony games sell great, because they have high production values, but what Sony game has EVER been influential and taken the world by storm?  You're VASTLY overexaggerating the influence Sony games have had on the industry.  PC games will ALWAYS be more influential.  DayZ and PUBG and others created an entirely new fucking genre that is the most popular in the world..... ON FUCKING PC :danylol: 

And LMAO at all the other shit you're saying, going on about E3 events and conferences like that... that PC has NEVER had.  LOL we're living in a world now where Sony doesn't even have conferences anymore and you're getting lame Direct style trailers... great time to start going on about how PC is missing out :drake: 

I think your problem is that you don't seem to understand how the industry has evolved... and most of the shit you're talking about is going away in gaming in general.

I love how much of the literal fanboy shit is coming through in your post.  You ACTUALLY live that fanboy life.  Talking about "glory days" and "port begging"... LOL  You actually feel like it's an "us vs them" kind of thing... while I'm just laughing every single time one of those games you live for gets announced for PC :rofl: 

And another thing I KNOW you don't understand is exactly why I, and so many people, are PC gamers in the first place.  Keep thinking it's about that videocard and dem graphics dude :tom: 

Yes, the industry has evolved in the sense that PC is no longer at the forefront when it comes to amazing exclusives and cutting edge tech. Thats only available on consoles now.

PC has been influential for MOBAs and Battle Royales that look like they could have been made for $5. Thats about it, and that'll continue into the future. People who seriously want to play great games that aren't available anywhere else and make use of their consoles' unique characteristics will need a PS4, or even a Switch (I wish I could say Xbox, but its unfortunately just a budget PC at this point).

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Dude, you're a blind fanboy sticking to old ass ideals to simply aren't relevant anymore.

1.like saying controllers are a joke for FPSs. Have you not played a FPS in the past 10 years? They're almost all designed around controllers, and in some cases feel better with one. Almost every multiplat FPS i've played on PC, i've opted to use a controller over KBM. And im pretty sure thats been the same with many other people, except maybe hardcore hermits like yourself who are still living in the past.

2. Once again you fail to name a single example. CoH has a 93 metacritic, I doubt PC will ever get another strategy game like that

3. You can't be sure about this. But what I am sure is that Blizzard is now a multiplatform developer, so if does happen you bet your ass its going to be on all consoles.

The rest is either speculation or you desperately bringing up old excuses that were already used ages ago.

Regardless, you still can't deny that PC has no heavy hitter exclusives anymore, which is what the argument was originally about. Let me know when it gets another game on the level of Uncharted 4, God of War, or TLOU2 and can stand proudly on metacritic along side them.

A raw unfiltered high scoring total library list for a Gen is old ideals and blind fanboyism? Are you demented?

TB you must have contracted Covid-19 because you are acting delirious. 

1. FPS still sucks cock on controller which is why competitive shooters on PC are substantially more played and esports substantially more used on PC. The latest Doom is fucking retarded on controller. Any online FPS is fucking retarded on controller.  Thumbstick is too god damn slow.  

2. Why are you using MC all of a sudden when PC won MC this gen?  I thought that was "blind fanboy old ideals". 

3. Legion, WoW, and Shadowlands aren't comming to consoles. Keep dreaming, some games/genres don't work well on it. Meanwhile PC gets almost all of consoles games and they are much better on PC.

This argument wasn't originally about exclusives.  That was your goal post move you dumb rat.  PC/XB/PS barely get those anymore, because PC steals them all and plays the by far best version of them. 

And stop bringing up scores, PC won this gen. You keep ignoring this, do you acknowledge PC won Gen8 even by the 2 sites you keep using?

Edited by Substatic
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yes, the industry has evolved in the sense that PC is no longer at the forefront when it comes to amazing exclusives and cutting edge tech. Thats only available on consoles now.

PC has been influential for MOBAs and Battle Royales that look like they could have been made for $5. Thats about it, and that'll continue into the future. People who seriously want to play great games that aren't available anywhere else and make use of their consoles' unique characteristics will need a PS4, or even a Switch (I wish I could say Xbox, but its unfortunately just a budget PC at this point).

PC is still the forefront of cutting edge tech... lmao

Again... you don't seem to understand the limiting factors are BUDGETS AND TIME...  and again... in this world... where EVERYTHING is coming to EVERYTHING... it's because it simply doesn't make business SENSE to develop a PC exclusive game and not release it on consoles as well... because they're ALL RUNNING THE SAME FUCKING HARDWARD and generally capable of the same things :tom: 

Dude... I MISS the days when consoles were the forefront of hardware and cutting edge tech... They simply AREN'T anymore... they're mid ranged PCs... and that's a FACT.

You got this shit ass backwards :cruise: 

4 minutes ago, Substatic said:

A raw unfiltered high scoring total library list for a Gen is old ideals and blind fanboyism? Are you demented?

TB you must have contracted Covid-19 because you are acting delirious. 

1. FPS still sucks cock on controller which is why competitive shooters on PC are substantially more played and esports substantially more used on PC. The latest Doom is fucking retarded on controller. Any online FPS is fucking retarded on controller.  Thumbstick is too god damn slow.  

2. Why are you using MC all of a sudden when PC won MC this gen?  I thought that was "blind fanboy old ideals". 

3. Legion, WoW, and Shadowlands aren't comming to consoles. Keep dreaming, some games/genres don't work well on it. Meanwhile PC gets almost all of consoles games and they are much better on PC.

This argument wasn't originally about exclusives.  That was your goal post move you dumb rat.  PC/XB/PS barely get those anymore, because PC steals them all and plays the by far best version of them. 

And stop bringing up scores, PC won this gen. You keep ignoring this, do you acknowledge PC won Gen8 even by the sites you keep using?

Uhh i played Doom Eternal on a controller, and it was fine. I had everything at my fingertips, and didn't have to rely on the dated key mapping on KBM.

The highest scoring games on metacritic are console games. Thats a fact, I don't that PC has more AA games nobody has heard of. Chances are those could run on anyone's Dell.

PC stealing console games? Did you forget that Blizzard went from making Starcraft 2, and Diablo 3 to announcing Diablo 4 as a multiplat game on DAY 1 of its reveal? :D 

20 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

People who seriously want to play great games that aren't available anywhere else and make use of their consoles' unique characteristics will need a PS4,  

Why is the system with ~100 more AAA/AAs video games, better gfx, better frames, and better online the worse system? Because it's missing 3 or 4 movie games? But your system is missing dozens of other games from other genres, and is ugly, low fps, and has the worst online by significant margins. Competitive gaming doesn't even exist on it.

I don't get your logic here. 

PC stealing console games? Did you forget that Blizzard went from making Starcraft 2, and Diablo 3 to announcing Diablo 4 as a multiplat game on DAY 1 of its reveal? :D 

Did you forget every XB exclusive becoming a PC game, but not going on to Playstation?

Did you forget many PS exclusives becoming PC games, but not going to XB?

That's how you maintain a 3 digit lead.

Edited by Substatic
12 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im done arguing. All I know is that im going to be playing the highest rated exclusive game of 2020 next week, while you guys will be praying for a port of it 3+ years from now :yeshrug:

The rest of us will too you stupid fuck... then we'll go back to playing any other game on our PC :lemming: 

16 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im done arguing. All I know is that im going to be playing 

100 less high scoring games than PC, low fps, low gfx, and basically no online.

All for 3 movie games over the course of 8 years that last less than  half a weekend each. Congrats on the review padding for "cinematic titles" and their stories. You seem like a big time casual who enjoys that shit, but I'm glad you use a site where PC won this gen in spades going by every forum rules we've ever used.

Edited by Substatic
  • Haha 1
Just now, Substatic said:

100 less high scoring games than PC, low fps, low gfx, and basically no online.

All for 3 movie games over the course of 8 years that last less than  half a weekend each.

:mj: 

30 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

They're good ports in the sense that they're optimized and will at least run on par with console counterparts on mid range hardware but thats par for the course nowadays.

That being par for the course is my whole point. PC is an actual platform now that you can expect to play your average AAA game day 1 and not get a broken version of the game. You couldn't say that a decade ago and I don't think you can just hand waive that away when comparing PC now vs. PC then.

34 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

PC versions used to actually attempt to make use of the better hardware to have more rendering techniques or other features.

Sure, there was definitely extra work that went into the PC version of a game back then and some uniqueness that's been lost in the homogeneity between PC and consoles.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

BF3 is as easy example. It had a measly 24 players on smaller maps on consoles, but supported 64 players with larger one that contained more bases and capture points on PC. The BF games since then have stuck to the 64 player cap because thats the best limit for consoles, which have become the primary development platform. If not we would have been up to 100-128 player battles for now.

Why is that the best limit for consoles and not PC? Mount and Blade 2 has 100 people and a console version is already announced, but Mordhau has 64 players and been PC exclusive for years with no word of a console port. Player count is a design decision based on balance and flow; console hardware is plenty capable of higher player counts on larger maps and certainly will be with the next consoles, but I bet you player counts don't change much.

• dead 1