GT7 (PS5) vs GT: Sport (PS4) - UH OH!

36 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah, this was a big fucking Oof, looks virtually identical. I expect Forza Motorsport 8 is going to dump all over this.

Hopefully it won't be a stinker like Forza 7 and their shitty homologation system which made the game extremely boring to play.

Sadly it looks like outside of the environments having a bit more detail, and obviously the ray traced reflections, there's not much that they've done.  The car models look the same with the same material shaders.  It really is a let down compared to what I was expecting.

Turn10 and PlayGround built new car models at the beginning of last gen and essentially used them through the entire generation, with some touching up in the later games.  PD created new car models for GTS with the intention of using the through the PS5 generation as well.  They are super detailed for sure, but they're going to be last generation looking in materials and detail compared to the new ones that Turn10/PG are making for this gen.

I honestly expected better from GT7.  Fully ray traced garage with incredible detail and lighting and shadows.

Something like RT with Unity...

CoverA1080.png

image6-2-1280x720.png

It will be a great game to play still, campaign looks promising. I dont care if its not the best looking sim racer, its still the only one I enjoy playing. Forza in my experience was boring af.

19 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Sadly it looks like outside of the environments having a bit more detail, and obviously the ray traced reflections, there's not much that they've done.  The car models look the same with the same material shaders.  It really is a let down compared to what I was expecting.

Turn10 and PlayGround built new car models at the beginning of last gen and essentially used them through the entire generation, with some touching up in the later games.  PD created new car models for GTS with the intention of using the through the PS5 generation as well.  They are super detailed for sure, but they're going to be last generation looking in materials and detail compared to the new ones that Turn10/PG are making for this gen.

I honestly expected better from GT7.  Fully ray traced garage with incredible detail and lighting and shadows.

Something like RT with Unity...

CoverA1080.png

image6-2-1280x720.png

What game is that?

1 hour ago, MalaXmaS said:

What game is that?

I think it's some collaboration with Unity and the Car manufacturer's to push their (Unity's) technology to the edge.

https://blogs.unity3d.com/2020/01/09/how-to-set-up-unitys-unitys-high-definition-render-pipeline-for-high-end-visualizations/

• Upvote 1