Nintendo and their perceived "success" with the Switch

10 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

Switch = ONE console TWO markets

PS/XO = ONE console ONE market

Nintendo has ALWAYS had control of the handheld market.  It was by far their biggest market.. outside of when the Wii was popular.  WiiU flopped like shit.. literally only sold 14M :mj: 

Nintendo folded the handheld market into the traditional market... and thus Switch is successful.

But it's success is based on the fact that it's serving TWO markets.  If it was a traditional console only... there would be no 60M Switches sold at this point... NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Deal with the facts :reg: 

14 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Yes the Hybrid nature of the Switch is its major selling point.... That's the entire point of the Switch.... the flexibility of a hybrid.... it took you 3 years to realize this?    :hest:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Motherfuckers had to cannibalize their Handheld market and merge it with their traditional market just to find success.  It's quite clear Switch wouldn't be anywhere close to PS4 numbers, nor even Xbo

hopefully by the end of next gen

Just now, Goukosan said:

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbuuutut if this and if that :awww:

Reality is... Switch is here... it was designed as Hybrid and it's a success..... deal with it :loldance:

It is.  Thanks to the handheld market.

Portable "me too" gaming device.  :fblike: 

1 minute ago, Quad Damage said:

playstation and nintendo reached their final forms by focusing on one platform.

maybe ms should do the same. makes you think :reg:

I definitely agree.  It's call Windows PC :smoke: 

Just now, Quad Damage said:

playstation and nintendo reached their final forms by focusing on one platform.

maybe ms should do the same. makes you think :reg:

Holy shit

:deader::deader::deader::deader::deader::deader::deader::deader:

Quite possibly one of the cleanest, neatest pieces of ownages I've ever seen.

1 minute ago, HALOmij said:

AC games always sell amazingly.  I never said it sold that way because of the pandemic.  I said it helped it break records.

These are the kinds of games that sell well to Nintendo's bread and butter... the handheld market.

My whole fucking point... is those 60M Switches out there... are because of the handheld market.  That market is propping up the Switch numbers to make it look more impressive than it actually is.  As ONE product serving TWO markets... fuck, it should be selling even better. :romantears:

AC is a console franchise brah :lebron:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Yes the Hybrid nature of the Switch is its major selling point.... That's the entire point of the Switch.... the flexibility of a hybrid.... it took you 3 years to realize this?    :hest:

Yes.  Nintendo had to give up making a device for each market.   They did so because they could no longer compete in the traditional market......  Nobody bought a WiiU and it was the failure that made Nintendo realize there was no point in making a device specifically for that market anymore.

Nintendo failed.

Just now, HALOmij said:

Yes.  Sony had to give up making a device for each market.   They did so because they could no longer compete in the Handheld market......  Nobody bought a Vita and it was the failure that made Sony realize there was no point in making a device specifically for that market anymore.

Sony failed.

:lebron:

Just now, Goukosan said:

:lebron:

They did fail the handheld market.... 

ONE product... ONE market

Nintendo is ONE product... TWO markets...

It's HILARIOUS how hard you want to ignore that fact.

4 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

They did fail the handheld market.... 

ONE product... ONE market

Nintendo is ONE product... TWO markets...

It's HILARIOUS how hard you want to ignore that fact.

Bro again.... Switch was designed as a hybrid, it wasn't a fluke.... it's doing what is was meant to do. 

It's Hilarious the semantics you're going through to say the Switch isn't a success :hest:

Nintendo just broke the record that Sony just made a few days ago. 

Both are extremely successful.  Lmfao at you trying to downplay that.

Edited by Goukosan
Just now, Goukosan said:

It's Hilarious the semantics you're going through to say the Switch isn't a success :hest:

Nintendo just broke the record that Sony just made a few days ago. 

Both are very extremely successful.  Lmfao at you trying to downplay that.

I'm not saying it's not a success... I'm saying it's not THE success that you guys like to think it is... because it's essentially taken over Nintendo's market.

When you guys compare it to traditional consoles like PS4 and XO.... you're comparing a product that serves a much larger overall market of gamers.  And it's that reason why a lot of people call it the "me too" sidekick console...

If Nintendo was TRULY successful they would be selling 50M consoles and about 50M handheld's at this point.  They didn't GROW the market.. they basically just folded them into one another.

Sheep running around acting like this and that... lmao:shrug: 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

AC was a hugely successful franchise even before Switch was even thought off :lebron:

Yep..... on Wii and DS/3DS

WiiU though?

Edited by HALOmij