NPD 2020 July hardware sales have leaked

9 hours ago, jehurey said:

No wonder they started dropping the Xbox branding from GamePass.

They’ll probably have more subscriptions from the mobile and pc market than the console market by the end of the next gen. :danylol:

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, -GD- said:

“Gamepass - Available On PC, Android Mobile Devices....And Also Xbox”

I'd be willing to put money that if Gamepass was offered on Sony consoles the subscriptions would surpass those on Xbox. :hest:

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, -GD- said:

“Gamepass - Available On PC, Android Mobile Devices....And Also Xbox”

I have on good authority that GamePass is coming to Steam.  It'll probably get quite a few subs if that happens.

(Another thing I heard is that Battletoads is actually pretty good :wrists:)

LMAO Xflop though... jesus.  They really need to just start focusing on PC (Steam/Epic/Win10) as their platform and then become 3rd party for consoles.

If I was Microsoft... first thing I would do, bring Forza Horizon 4 and whatever other games they have on PC, and get them on Steam.  Forza Horizon 4 would light up steam for a good while.  I'd bet they'd sell over 1 Million copies of FH4 again lol.  Get their ENTIRE PC catalogue on Steam (it pretty much is anyway but there's also Halo Wars 2 and a couple others I think) ... and start working with Steam to promote their games.  Do DLCs and cross-event type shit and advertise your games.  Same thing with Epic.  Work with Epic, and get all the games on their store.  Epic's engine powers most of MS' games at this point.  Work with Epic on the PC tech side... get their input on Windows and what they could do to improve Windows and tune it for gaming and the future with Unreal Engine.  Work with Epic to cross promote games.  Minecraft and Fortnite..... DUH...makes too much sense.  Have some cross game events, get Master Chief and a Brute (Craig) skins in Fortnite.  Have a Sea of Thieves cross event thing and just keep promoting those service games.

I'd get DirectStorage implemented and work on further improving CPU efficiency and utilization and whatever else they can do in Windows.  Improve the "Xbox app" or as I like to call it, the "GamePass app" and make it as good as it possibly can be.  Improve Gamebar and add a bunch of useful stuff to it.  Basically work to make Windows as developer friendly as possible.

I'd then start porting the bigger games to PS5.  Halo, Forza, Sea of Thieves, Hellblade 2 would go to PS5 immediately as a start.  Games like Avowed and The Outer Worlds 2 are no brainers and would do so damn well on PS5.  I'd Take ID@Xbox and start searching everywhere for indie developers with cool ideas.. then I'd snatch them up and start publishing their games on all systems, and put a focus on Switch with those efforts.

MS on Steam has been very successful.  They've kept at the top of the charts for months.  This is the kind of industry where word of mouth and perception can play a big role in convincing people to try and buy your games.  MS' games already have the 'perception' of being successful on Steam.. and that causes more people to give them a try.  On the console side... everything they do is just a failure in comparison to the other consoles.  They have a terrible perception.  They aren't selling nearly as much... as a platform holder, their games aren't pushing anyone to buy their system.  All that negativity just saps away any potential enthusiasm you'd want to have for anything.  They've lost their will to produce those types of games that sell consoles it seems.  So if they're gonna focus on these other types of experiences... then go all out with them and get them on systems where they have a far better chance of succeeding.

They should focus on PC as their platform, get their games on PS5 the ones that work and make sense for Switch on that as well.  Build Gamepass up on PC as much as you can.. through Steam and whatever else and continue to work on xCloud up on mobile and have that integrated with GamePass and make good deals with other publishers to drive subs.

Edited by HALOmij
  • Upvote 1
On 2020-08-17 at 6:50 AM, Pureis said:

Switch 340k
PS4 150k
XB1 17k

Switch is just a monster. PS4 barely hanging on, and Xbox One is fucking dead.

For reference, Switch sales in japan is higher than the US (419K during the same period). While everything not Switch is just dead in Japan.

WTF is the switch doing so well? We were finally able to get one for my GF yesterday and this thing is the worst. Animal Crossing should be a punishment for kids who dont do chores or something. 

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Liquid said:

WTF is the switch doing so well? We were finally able to get one for my GF yesterday and this thing is the worst. Animal Crossing should be a punishment for kids who dont do chores or something. 

And yet your GF loves it :bena: