Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Amazon stock price has doubled since the lockdown

All these massive S&P500 companies are reaping the benefits of online shopping and small business closures. Meanwhile with high unemployment numbers there zero incentive for Amazon and the like to pay their workers any more money. The unemployed have no choice. The rich keep getting richer and the middle class continues to shrink. Where is the tipping point? It can't be too far off. 

• Thanks 1

Finally you make a decent thread.

And I agree, the rich are getting richer, the middle class and lower class are getting fucked. If this virus affected the rich the way it affected the rest of the country, we would have a vaccine by now. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, nitric said:

And I agree, the rich are getting richer, the middle class and lower class are getting fucked. If this virus affected the rich the way it affected the rest of the country, we would have a vaccine by now. 

Rich people have lost much more than the other classes bro, tf you on. Of course store owners might see increases, but you’re looking at billions lost in other ways...any entertainer, most of sports, event sales, etc.  musicians make most of their money from touring. 

Edited by ghostz life matters
Just now, ghostz life matters said:

Rich people have lost much more than the other classes bro, tf you on. Of course store owners might see increases, but you’re looking at billions lost in other ways...any entertainer, most of sports, event sales, etc. 

I'm talking about the 1%. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ghostz life matters said:

There really is zero reason to work for Amazon though (at least some shitty Wearhouse job or something like that) I have no idea why people do it 

Probably because people got furloughed or their hours got cut? Get out of your bubble. I know engineers that work Amazon delivery after their day job. It's easy $1k.

4 hours ago, nitric said:

The irony being the he's the type that fights on the side of what he claims he's against. 

9 minutes ago, Liquid said:

The irony being the he's the type that fights on the side of what he claims he's against. 

What? Have I ever been on the side of the rich and wealthy? Nope. 

Edited by Cooke (not admin cant help

Ironically I cancelled my Amazon subscription during COVID. They nixed day at and it would take over a week to receive items and they botched a couple of my orders too. During the same time stuff I ordered from B&H and Best Buy would come in one or two days for free. So it was a no-brainer. 

44 minutes ago, Ike said:

Should've snagged some Boeing and Disney stock when they were both under $100/share a piece. :willcucked:

I'm kicking myself about the Kodak stock as I was actually looking at it for a stupid reason and it was so low I wanted to grab a couple hundred bucks worth just because. Would have been a quick 6k because I would have sold it immediately lol