Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Trump Admin Pressured CDC to Say People Without COVID-19 Symptoms Do Not Need Testing: Reports

Trump Admin Pressured CDC to Say People Without COVID-19 Symptoms Do Not Need Testing: Reports

https://people.com/health/trump-admin-pressured-cdc-change-covid-19-testing-guidelines/

WTF!? Some far right psychopath here please show me a link showing this is fake or mis-leading because I don't want to believe it. I want this to be fake news, Trump can't be that fucked.

23 minutes ago, Substatic said:

https://people.com/health/trump-admin-pressured-cdc-change-covid-19-testing-guidelines/

WTF!? Some far right psychopath here please show me a link showing this is fake or mis-leading because I don't want to believe it. I want this to be fake news, Trump can't be that fucked.

Trump himself said he wants to slow down testing to a crawl so that the numbers will drop. 

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I missed that... what they did? 

https://news.yahoo.com/cdcs-abrupt-change-covid-19-214156497.html

"I was under general anesthesia in the operating room and was not part of any discussion or deliberation regarding the new testing recommendations," Fauci told CNN's chief medical correspondent, Dr. Sanjay Gupta. He added: "I am concerned about the interpretation of these recommendations and worried it will give people the incorrect assumption that asymptomatic spread is not of great concern. In fact it is."

• dead 2
Just now, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

actually that was also a stance taken around the world due to a lack of testing kits.

then it doesn't apply anymore, and there is no excuse to be lacking testing kits.

we are testing more per capita being are infection is running more rampant per capita.

Other countries have slowed down infection.........when people DO NOT FEEL ANY SYMPTOMS in those countries, why would they go and get themselves tested??????????

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

then it doesn't apply anymore, and there is no excuse to be lacking testing kits.

we are testing more per capita being are infection is running more rampant per capita.

Other countries have slowed down infection.........when people DO NOT FEEL ANY SYMPTOMS in those countries, why would they go and get themselves tested??????????

Uhh isn't that the point of this thread? 

Just now, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

Uhh isn't that the point of this thread? 

Not really. Because those other countries don't actively tell their own people to not get tested.

That's the actual point of this thread.

9 minutes ago, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

Link?

You want me to provide a link to countries NOT saying something????????

Yeah, it doesn't work that way.

I don't have to prove a negative.

The United States is the only major country who just passed guidelines telling people to not get tested.

Edited by jehurey

I swear his terrible covid response is what's going to sink him. The FDA just gave emergency approval for a US covid test from Abbott pharma that costs $5, takes 15 minutes to get a result, requires no lab equipment, and is basically like doing a home pregnancy test. Laud that. Throw tons of money at that. Make it over-the-counter. Trump you drive me crazy.