Microsoft trying to bring game pass to... streaming sticks!

A Xbox streaming stick 

“I think you’re going to see lower priced hardware as part of our ecosystem when you think about streaming sticks and other things that somebody might want to just go plug into their TV and go play via xCloud,” says Spencer. “You could imagine us even having something that we just included in the Game Pass subscription that gave you an ability to stream xCloud games to your television and buying the controller.”

gamepass platinum:

Spencer also teases the potential for an “Xbox Game Pass Platinum” with guaranteed access to new Xbox hardware. Microsoft has been bundling Xbox subscriptions and hardware together in something called Xbox All Access, which includes access to Xbox Game Pass and the latest Xbox Series X and Series X consoles. It’s a bundle that Spencer is obviously keen to experiment with in the future.

on iOS (tho you can already stream Xbox games to iOS, I’m not sure if what xCloud does differently?)

“We have a good solution on iOS that I think it’ll be coming kind of early next year, I feel good about the solution that we have,” says Spencer.

Like I've said before this gen for Xbox will be all about pushing gamepass and trying to get their subscription numbers up. They reached peak marketshare with Xbox hardware during 360, and the only way for Xbox to grow as a brand is to expand into streaming.

24 minutes ago, Ike said:

Like I've said before this gen for Xbox will be all about pushing gamepass and trying to get their subscription numbers up. They reached peak marketshare with Xbox hardware during 360, and the only way for Xbox to grow as a brand is to expand into streaming.

Lol... there's plenty of ways for them to grow their console business :Jeff:

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Lol... there's plenty of ways for them to grow their console business :Jeff:

Getting quality, exclusive software would be the best reason but we all know Xbox hardware doesn't do exclusives. There's zero reason to buy Xbox hardware to any core gamers who know that Xbox is just a lesser PC. They have to bring in new customers and their best way to do that is get them on subscription.

• Thanks 1
On 2020-10-23 at 9:47 AM, Ike said:

Getting quality, exclusive software would be the best reason but we all know Xbox hardware doesn't do exclusives. There's zero reason to buy Xbox hardware to any core gamers who know that Xbox is just a lesser PC. They have to bring in new customers and their best way to do that is get them on subscription.

What kind of pc do you own?  you're a core gamer right?  Well, you must have a system you use for non nintendo titles?  Let me guess, you don't use pc for gaming because it's too expensive and you use sony?

You ask what's the point of Xbox and I say it saves you $1500 for the same equivalent of a gaming pc.  But then you argue well you'll use sony right as your core gaming system and nintendo for their crap?  Sony is weaker hardware for same price.  MS own Zenimax and a ton of devs now.  What's your next excuse?.. sony exclusives?  oh shit MS has exclusives now?  so what are you gonna find to complain about and use as an excuse?/ Sony exclusives are better?

you're so full of shit.

When MS decimates sony you will have to go to Xbox if you want AAA third party gaming at a reasonable price.  Or just go buy yourself a $2000 pc.  It's that simple.  Either way you support MS.  Thanks

Edited by Spicalicious
  • Geese 1
13 hours ago, Spicalicious said:

What kind of pc do you own?  you're a core gamer right?  Well, you must have a system you use for non nintendo titles?  Let me guess, you don't use pc for gaming because it's too expensive and you use sony?

You ask what's the point of Xbox and I say it saves you $1500 for the same equivalent of a gaming pc.  But then you argue well you'll use sony right as your core gaming system and nintendo for their crap?  Sony is weaker hardware for same price.  MS own Zenimax and a ton of devs now.  What's your next excuse?.. sony exclusives?  oh shit MS has exclusives now?  so what are you gonna find to complain about and use as an excuse?/ Sony exclusives are better?

you're so full of shit.

When MS decimates sony you will have to go to Xbox if you want AAA third party gaming at a reasonable price.  Or just go buy yourself a $2000 pc.  It's that simple.  Either way you support MS.  Thanks

:cries::cries::crymore::cry: