Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

What is the best ways for Republicans to address race issues going forward?

In the 2020 election, president Trump got record numbers of minority votes and is successfully the most popular Republican among minorities in history. While this is cause for celebration... it isn't successful enough in my honest opinion, especially because a lot of minority concerns go ignored, or because minorities can be so hostile towards whites or institutions they see as white... at least when they vote. 

I don't think many conservatives post on this forum anymore. I am welcome to hear from the more "progressive" posters - who may think themselves left, but just want their concerns addressed before they could vote republican. 

I also want to address minority concerns about everything political. Do (you) or minorities you know vote mainly because of historical grievances? Or is there something the Republican party does that you don't like? I'm sure that Trump will go away, but there will be lasting influence of his movement on the party. I want to do official Republican party organizing, but don't know the correct ways to solicit support or make the messages appeal to people. I also don't know how to deal with the problems of racism in the party, mostly due to the trump movement, and the paranoia. 

And when I say "race issues" - I don't just mean racism or collectivism, or anything like that... I mean any issues that come up to you that may impact your well being as a minority. 

Minorities rightly signaled in this election that their vote is for sale. They're not strictly beholden to Dems and nor should they be

How should republicans address them? Go talk to them see what they're asking for and then put up that legislation and implement it. 

Edited by Vini

I don't think Republicans need to do anything, the laws and availability of opportunity exist to all of us equally. Everyone is a fresh slate.

What needs to happen is society needs to stop compartmentalizing citizens into different groups based upon race, we're all just people. Victim complexes need to go away, handouts need to go away and social safety nets need to be highly controlled, affirmative action needs to go away and people need to be accountable for their own lives, actions and equally contribute to society. 

No one is holding anyone down, regardless of race you can do and be whatever you want. How you choose to live is on you, and you can't blame anyone else but yourself.