DF - AC:V Patch 1.04 analysis (Series X now drops to 1188p to maintain 60fps ROFL)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After spending months telling us Sony was the one that wasn't ready, it turns out that it was MS who wasn't ready for next gen.    Zero next gen games and "teh tools" . lmfao

I don't think I've seen a faction get raped as hard as lemmings. Maybe Sega fanboys, but at least the Dreamcast had exclusive titles.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

They said the frame rate is basically the same it was pre-patch while maintaining a higher resolution than Series X. 

Series X gets a slightly better frame rate now because the resolution drops all the way to 1080p....lmfao. 

ll.png

PS5 drops to 51fps and has lower 5th and 1st percentile frames:shrug: 

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

They as in Digital Foundry.  Did you even watch the video you posted? 

I don't give a fuck what DF said... You said it doesn't.... but it does.  I'm showing you a far more detailed breakdown from someone who isn't desperately trying to damage control between console fanboys :cosby2: 

Edited by Remij
37 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You don't give a fuck what DF said huh? lmfao

I don't care what DF said in regards to what you claimed...

I showed you another source.... a better source... that it does drop below.  And I also gave you far more detailed breakdown of the performance.

DF is going to be trying hard this gen to skirt the lines between the console fanboys... and I don't blame them.  But if you want to know the reality of the situation with no bullshit... VGTech is the source.

3 hours ago, Remij said:

ll.png

PS5 drops to 51fps and has lower 5th and 1st percentile frames:shrug: 

Your data was taken with the issue that John mentioned at the start of the DF tech review, that the patch seemed to have caused performance issues until he reset his PS5 after install and performance was back to normal. 

Both DF and NXGamer have now reviewed the patch and said there is no performance change since the last patch except the first cutscene. If the PS5 had gone from next to no issues to dropping into the low 50s, they would have mentioned it 

5 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Your data was taken with the issue that John mentioned at the start of the DF tech review, that the patch seemed to have caused performance issues until he reset his PS5 after install and performance was back to normal. 

Both DF and NXGamer have now reviewed the patch and said there is no performance change since the last patch except the first cutscene. If the PS5 had gone from next to no issues to dropping into the low 50s, they would have mentioned it 

I never said that the PS5 version changed....  I said that the Series X performs better than the PS5 version now..  So PS5 has a higher resolution, but drops framerate more.

The data is right there....

And I've already explained why DF is skirting and not mentioning things... they're literally getting harassed for doing so from rabid fanboys on both sides.

LMAO having to reset your console periodically to fix performance issues...

LMAO patches that change tiny things to appease console fanboys...

LMAO 1440p and lower with medium settings

LMAO Ubishit 

Both consoles suck :tom: 

13 minutes ago, Remij said:

I never said that the PS5 version changed....  I said that the Series X performs better than the PS5 version now..  So PS5 has a higher resolution, but drops framerate more.

The data is right there....

And I've already explained why DF is skirting and not mentioning things... they're literally getting harassed for doing so from rabid fanboys on both sides.

This is the data from the first video VGTech did

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1jwAaYU3jbvHABVJuofDMvLEHrVYogojvkri6s29Cru8/htmlview

So it either changed or it didn't

Both NXG and DF have confirmed it didn't 

4 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Remember when lemmings said it was a bug in the tools. :kaz: 

You don't seem to understand the whole "tools" narrative. It relates to what they had to use during the porting process. The available tools dictate the proficiency of the port and its state as a game.

A poor port can't be made good without incredible effort, see Arkham Knight on PC.