Digital Foundry - RE8 PC analysis.

Turns out all the rumors that Remij posted about RE8 having performance issues were true, but turns out it was the PC version all along :lawl:

Hermits are big mad and attacking DF for their analysis. 

Apparently the game stutters everytime you shoot a gun... Yiiiiikes :holeup:

Remij 😂🤣

Runs like a charm for me and the visuals are very customizable. Scale well to my low end machine, mostly high settings, no RT, solid locked 60FPS.

^It's not butter smooth on your PS5 lmfao.. the FPS tank in areas to the mid 40s... and the fucking consoles run in INTERLACED mode :hest: 

Anyway.. yea I can confirm I've had some stutters while killing enemies... and the FPS do tank when the daughters come in and attack you.  Those are definitely just bugs though and should be fixed soon enough.  Most of the game was what you'd ACTUALLY call butter smooth.. 100+fps :smoke: 

Probably had to divert resources from QA'ing the PC version to fix the PS5 version and downgrade the game enough :francis: 

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

^It's not butter smooth on your PS5 lmfao.. the FPS tank in areas to the mid 40s... and the fucking consoles run in INTERLACED mode :hest: 

Anyway.. yea I can confirm I've had some stutters while killing enemies... and the FPS do tank when the daughters come in and attack you.  Those are definitely just bugs though and should be fixed soon enough.  Most of the game was what you'd ACTUALLY call butter smooth.. 100+fps :smoke: 

Probably had to divert resources from QA'ing the PC version to fix the PS5 version and downgrade the game enough :francis: 

Hey at least your honest that the PC version has issues. 

Remember your rumors said it was already running fine on PC and PS5 was the issue... lol

9 minutes ago, Remij said:

and the FPS do tank when the daughters come in and attack you. 

I thought that was just me. It happens on those grabbing attacks but goes back to 60 as soon as the animation ends. It's weird.

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Hey at least your honest that the PC version has issues. 

Remember your rumors said it was already running fine on PC and PS5 was the issue... lol

I'm sure that's true.  I mean the game runs at well over 100fps on my PC... and that's at a much higher resolution than the console versions, which run in interlaced mode lol

Like I said... they're bugs that probably got overlooked.  The stutter that can happen when you shoot or kill an enemy sometime seems to happen as if when it tracks certain kinds of shots or enemies killed.

At all other times the game runs perfectly.. so it's got to be some bad code that's causing it.

Hopefully it gets patched up though.  All the other RE Engine games run PRISTINE on PC... so I'll admit this kinda was surprising.

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

I'm sure that's true.  I mean the game runs at well over 100fps on my PC... and that's at a much higher resolution than the console versions, which run in interlaced mode lol

Like I said... they're bugs that probably got overlooked.  The stutter that can happen when you shoot or kill an enemy sometime seems to happen as if when it tracks certain kinds of shots or enemies killed.

At all other times the game runs perfectly.. so it's got to be some bad code that's causing it.

Hopefully it gets patched up though.  All the other RE Engine games run PRISTINE on PC... so I'll admit this kinda was surprising.

It's just ironic that after all that smack talk the PC version launched with this bug... lol

6 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I thought that was just me. It happens on those grabbing attacks but goes back to 60 as soon as the animation ends. It's weird.

Yep, it's only when they do the grabs.  I think a bug could be causing all those little flies to overdraw and stall the render thread.  Basically something like it rendering all those particles but they don't "evict" properly and instead compound and overflow the GPU.

Just now, Goukosan said:

It's just ironic that after all that smack talk the PC version launched with this bug... lol

Yea, I should have fucking known.. it's been rough lately :ben: 

20 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

are you dishonest with everything bro?  yikes :holeup:

It's entirely possible he's getting a flawless experience. I mean mine is like %98 good and I don't have a high end PC.

There are far worse PC games than this.

20 minutes ago, Ramza said:

It's entirely possible he's getting a flawless experience. I mean mine is like %98 good and I don't have a high end PC.

There are far worse PC games than this.

DF is running this on high end PCs, the issue is not the PC but the game code itself.