Hades rated for PS4 in Korea

Godly game. You should try it even if you don 't like roguelikes in general. This one oozes quality and the gameplay is really solid.

It's better than the studio's previous games and I've played them all Bastion , Transistor, Pyre... I loved Hades way more but if you hated those games it might still not be your thing, you can see the influence but it's the best they have ever been, imo. 

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Godly game. You should try it even if you don 't like roguelikes in general. This one oozes quality and the gameplay is really solid.

It's better than the studio's previous games and I've played them all Bastion , Transistor, Pyre... I loved Hades way more but if you hated those games it might still not be your thing, you can see the influence but it's the best they have ever been, imo. 

probably will. roguelikes and indies in general typically rank at the very bottom of my interests, but the praise and underworld theme intrigue me.

11 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I hated bastion, yet still loved hades. 

22 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I wouldn’t go that far. I don’t care for rougelikes in general and hades definitely did nothing for me.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I wouldn’t go that far. I don’t care for rougelikes in general and hades definitely did nothing for me.

Yeah it's possible, what I mean really is that the roguelike elements are not frustrating, at least in my experience. I've played some really slow paced and frustrating roguelike games in my life. I find that Hades progressed far more smoothly and always expanded the experience as it went along. The story somehow manages to progress even during failure. The roguelike concept is well integrated with the narrative, the gameplay is fun and evolves rapidly, the game is fast paced with no downtimes and it keeps giving more meaningful content as you play more.

Plus a great artstyle, solid gameplay, fun boss fights, a good soundtrack, fantastic voice acting and a great story to top it off. I'm not saying it's perfect, but what the game excels at is truly masterfully done, imo. At least compared to indie games in general.

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Yeah it's possible, what I mean really is that the roguelike elements are not frustrating, at least in my experience. I've played some really slow paced and frustrating roguelike games in my life. I find that Hades progressed far more smoothly and always expanded the experience as it went along. The story somehow manages to progress even during failure. The roguelike concept is well integrated with the narrative, the gameplay is fun and evolves rapidly, the game is fast paced with no downtimes and it keeps giving more meaningful content as you play more.

Plus a great artstyle, solid gameplay, fun boss fights, a good soundtrack, fantastic voice acting and a great story to top it off. I'm not saying it's perfect, but what the game excels at is truly masterfully done, imo. At least compared to indie games in general.

The story was interesting but it has the same issues as every other roguelike for me. I just don't find it fun to clear out the same rooms of the same enemies over and over again. It was fun at first but once I reached the 10-12 hour mark I decided that I had had enough of it.

14 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The story was interesting but it has the same issues as every other roguelike for me. I just don't find it fun to clear out the same rooms of the same enemies over and over again. It was fun at first but once I reached the 10-12 hour mark I decided that I had had enough of it.

Fair enough. The game could have used a few more enemy types, that's true.

8 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

ESRB rate Katana Zero for PS4 (Gematsu)

That game didn't click with me. It's really unfortunate because the music and style were absolutely dope.

4 hours ago, Ramza said:

That game didn't click with me. It's really unfortunate because the music and style were absolutely dope.

Fuck you it's awesome. Also there's a huge update coming that basically adds 5 more hours of content for free. 

Edited by Cooke
Just now, Cooke said:

Fuck you it's awesome. Also there's a huge update coming that basically adds 5 more hours of content for free. 

Relax, the gameplay didn't click with me but I am not saying it's a bad game.