Ghost of Tsushima: Directors Cut trailer, info

We’ve heard your feedback about the lack of Japanese lip sync in the original version of Ghost of Tsushima, and it’s something we worked hard to address in this new release. Thanks to the PS5’s ability to render cinematics in real time, cutscenes in Ghost of Tsushima and on Iki Island on PS5 will now offer lip sync for Japanese voice over.

Were the cutscenes pre-rendered on PS4 or something?

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

We’ve heard your feedback about the lack of Japanese lip sync in the original version of Ghost of Tsushima, and it’s something we worked hard to address in this new release. Thanks to the PS5’s ability to render cinematics in real time, cutscenes in Ghost of Tsushima and on Iki Island on PS5 will now offer lip sync for Japanese voice over.

Were the cutscenes pre-rendered on PS4 or something?

That's a head scratcher because you could see your armor in cutscenes which means they weren't. So idk wtf that's suppose to mean. Maybe just a few story cutscenes with only npcs

Edited by Delita
2 minutes ago, Delita said:

That's a head scratcher because you could see your armor in cutscenes which means they weren't. So idk wtf that's suppose to mean. Maybe just a few story cutscenes with only npcs

Just because the armor changes during cutscenes it doesn't necessarily mean it's happening in real time/rendering. 

Nioh 2 character changed armor during cutscenes but it clearly looked better than during gameplay and the FPS was locked at 30 and never fluctuated, meaning it's most likely pre-rendered in some way.

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i have no interest in replaying this, but damn, that looks gorgeous! 

Me either, but It contains the new Ghost of Iskishima expansion. If you already own the original, the expansion is 20 for the PS4 version, 30 for the PS5 version.

Buying the PS5 directors cut from scratch is 70

8 minutes ago, Delita said:

Me either, but It contains the new Ghost of Iskishima expansion. If you already own the original, the expansion is 20 for the PS4 version, 30 for the PS5 version.

Buying the PS5 directors cut from scratch is 70

wtf? LOL this should be $20 for either platform. i'll play it when it's $10. 

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

wtf? LOL this should be $20 for either platform. i'll play it when it's $10. 

How can you gauge the value of something when you don't even know what it contains. :reg:

Just now, -GD-X said:

isn't it the same thing, just with "better graffixxxx"?

No? I'm confused with what you're saying.

If you own the original game you can get:

This directors cut with the new Story expansion and upgrades to the original game for 20 (Ps4) or 30 (PS5)

If you don't own original game:

You buy the directors cut for 60 (ps4) or 70 (ps5)

"In this new story, Jin travels to the island to investigate rumors of a Mongol presence. But soon, he finds himself caught up in events with deeply personal stakes that will force him to relive some traumatic moments from his past.

We’ll have more to share about the story of Iki soon, but today we can confirm that beyond a whole new story and new characters, this new island also features tons of new content including brand new environments to explore, new armor for Jin as well as his horse, new mini-games, new techniques, new enemy types, and much more. There are even new animals to pet!"

22 minutes ago, Delita said:

No? I'm confused with what you're saying.

If you own the original game you can get:

This directors cut with the new Story expansion and upgrades to the original game for 20 (Ps4) or 30 (PS5)

If you don't own original game:

You buy the directors cut for 60 (ps4) or 70 (ps5)

why is the upgrade $10 more on ps5? it's the same shit. 

27 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

why is the upgrade $10 more on ps5? it's the same shit. 

You can just buy the PS4 version at 20 and play it on Ps5. It’s even already at 60fps on ps5 with the patch they released. The ps5 upgrade adds native 4k 60fps adaptive triggers, and Japanese lip syncing. If you don’t care about that, then don’t buy the ps5 version

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Delita said:

"In this new story, Jin travels to the island to investigate rumors of a Mongol presence. But soon, he finds himself caught up in events with deeply personal stakes that will force him to relive some traumatic moments from his past.

We’ll have more to share about the story of Iki soon, but today we can confirm that beyond a whole new story and new characters, this new island also features tons of new content including brand new environments to explore, new armor for Jin as well as his horse, new mini-games, new techniques, new enemy types, and much more. There are even new animals to pet!"

Would be interesting to play this again. I wonder if they expanded the online missions as that was a welcome surprise at how good it was. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Would be interesting to play this again. I wonder if they expanded the online missions as that was a welcome surprise at how good it was. 

Indeed. I loved it a lot. According to the blog post, they have more content scheduled for the online mode as well as a whole new mode in online all free of charge to everyone who owns any copy of got to be released around when this directors cut comes out.

Sucker Punch is pretty damn awesome 

Edited by Delita