Any of you guys with PS5's planning on playing Death Stranding: Director's Cut when it comes out?

I'm getting the itch to play Death Stranding again.  I dunno, I just feel like doing some hiking across rugged terrain while carrying and balancing some packages you know?

I'm interested in DS:DC though.  I'll probably check it out the extra stuff they added on youtube.  Probably going to be pretty cool QoL stuff.

My thing is that I don't know if I should do it now or just wait a bit longer to see if the Director's Cut update comes to PC.  It likely will, so I may just save the next playthrough for that. :] 

I own the original on digital which makes the upgrade cheap and still have my original save but I probably won’t unless there’s any significant story content added like FFVII. All the extra stuff sounds nice if I was planning on replaying it or it was my first time but as it is, there’s really nothing of interest for me 

44 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I haven't researched it, but I lost my DS saves so if the extra chapter/episode requires having played the base game so ill probably pass on it. Its a shame cause I loved DS and would otherwise very much be down for this.

I haven't fully checked it all out either, but I remember them saying that all this new stuff is integrated into the game, so you'll naturally find it as you go through... so it's not something that's going to be sort of separate off the main path or anything.. you'll have to play the game again to find it.

I think the new stuff sounds awesome though.  Different weapons, different vehicles, and items like the package cannon or whatever.  That shit seems awesome to me.  I was just scrolling through my twitter and Kojima was talking about it, and it just reminded me how much I enjoyed that game.  Makes me want to play it again.

I very rarely replay a game, let alone big ones like this so probably not. For anyone that hasn't played it though I couldn't recommend it enough. There's a chance that you will hate it and that's fine, but if it resonates with you it will be one of the most unique and incredible games you have ever played.

1 hour ago, Voidler said:

Never played it is the story good?

Yes, if you go in with Kojima expectations. 

It is also the most perfect lockdown game ever made lol so great for our current situation.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I was planning on replaying the game on PC but this PS5 version with extra content sour that a bit.

Yeah real talk... I want to play the Director's Cut content.  I see some of the stuff they added making quite a positive impact on the game.

Yea, if you've never played this game before.. the DC will be the time to do it.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Yeah, it's good.  Just keep your mind open.

I liked the first hour or so but just stopped playing and never got back to it

The start didnt really hook me and I really feel like Kojima wastes himself on these open world / resource managing games

3 minutes ago, Voidler said:

I liked the first hour or so but just stopped playing and never got back to it

The start didnt really hook me and I really feel like Kojima wastes himself on these open world / resource managing games

The game does start off slow.  It kind of expects you to absorb yourself into it's world and accept things as they are.  For a lot of people that's a turn off because it's too slow paced in the beginning... but as you begin building up the network and unlocking new equipment, the traversal becomes much less tedious and finally once you start mastering how to travel the games environments, you can find some pretty inventive ways to do things.

But yea, it requires some patience in the beginning, that's for sure.  If you don't like that aspect of it, then that's totally understandable.. but I don't think Kojima wasted himself at all with this game.  I think he made a hell of a unique game which hits a different way.  It does seem to be a love it or hate it type game though, but those can often be some of the best ones depending on your tastes.