Psychonauts 2 - 9/10 GameSpot.. 89 meta

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No politics in the gaming threads. 

huh? 88 >87  https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-5/ratchet-clank-rift-apart https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-series-x/psychonauts-2?ref=hp

Guess what's the only system you can play ALL these banger platformers on 

8 hours ago, Remij said:

Yea, it's hard to have confidence in them when they keep disappointing in certain aspects.

I think the switch to the semi-open nature of the campaign is what will help it.  I know that on one hand it allows them to change things up a bit and give the player some more freedom in how much they discover.. and I think it should turn out fairly well for them if they give good items, lore and story reasons for searching out and completing side objectives.  If it's just "clear this encampment" or that type shit over and over again with no return value, then there will be a problem.  I think they'll have a sensible balance though.  I think that the game focusing on Master Chief and seemingly having more interesting side characters like the Pilot guy.. will go a long way right there into people enjoying the campaign more than Halo 5.

As long as what they release is polished and works well... then I see the game doing well.  Like you said, people want Halo to be good.  The MP portion I am convinced will be excellent.. so overall I'm pretty confident in that.  The only thing which remains to be seen is if reviewers will deduct for omitting things like Campaign Co-p and Forge at launch.  It could definitely affect the score for some reviewers.

As for Forza Horizon 5... I'm not going to lie.. I'm wondering myself when is going to be the time that Forza Fatigue starts to set in and reviewers say "It's more Forza Horizon.. looks amazing, plays great... but you've played this before"...  It definitely could happen.  Hard to say... but I don't think this will be the time.  I think reviewers will see it for what it is.. and that's likely the best racing/driving game on the planet.

The fatigue is real. I felt it a bit in 4. Fortunately, 5 feels next gen, and I’m loving the new location! 

9 hours ago, JonbX said:

MS 1st party killing it this year. GamePass on FIRE this year. I tried playing the original Pshyconauts and its dated junk, but i watched a bit on the GB quicklook of 2 and it looks really fun. Gonna bounce between this and scarlet until Lordza comes out.

This year is the best year for MS in a long bit.

I'm playing the original right now and I think it's actually quite good and aged well.

the first game felt like a point and click adventure game that had a platformer grafted onto it by a developer that specialized in point and click adventure games. the platforming was bad, the amount of collectibles was annoying, and the humor was only mildly amusing. if this is an improvement, then maybe ill check it out on playstation? tlhbfr

1 hour ago, Quad Damage said:

the first game felt like a point and click adventure game that had a platformer grafted onto it by a developer that specialized in point and click adventure games. the platforming was bad, the amount of collectibles was annoying, and the humor was only mildly amusing. if this is an improvement, then maybe ill check it out on playstation? tlhbfr

Says the guy hyping up a Ratchet and Clank game, a shit platformer with cereal mascots that plays like a gimmicky third person shooter. lmao

9 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Says the guy hyping up a Ratchet and Clank game, a shit platformer with cereal mascots that plays like a gimmicky third person shooter. lmao

you mean the r&c game with actual good gameplay and actual next gen graphics, or the r&c games from the ps2 era that all destroyed psychonauts 1? rofl

1 minute ago, Quad Damage said:

you mean the r&c game with actual good gameplay and actual next gen graphics, or the r&c games from the ps2 era that all destroyed psychonauts 1? rofl

Psychonauts 2 actually got style and imagination, it's not trying to be some cookie cutter generic Pixar looking game. One hour of Psychonauts has more interesting visuals, more intricate level design and gameplay creativity than the whole series of Ratshit combined. 

Plus, let's not pretend that Ratshit is actually a good platformer, plays more like a TPS than a platformer, with gimmicky guns and linear level design. It's pretty fucking mediocre.

:pffft:  

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Psychonauts 2 actually got style and imagination, it's not trying to be some cookie cutter generic Pixar looking game. One hour of Psychonauts has more interesting visuals, more intricate level design and gameplay creativity than the whole series of Ratshit combined. 

Plus, let's not pretend that Ratshit is actually a good platformer, plays more like a TPS than a platformer, with gimmicky guns and linear level design. It's pretty fucking mediocre.

:pffft:  

yeah instead psychonauts is trying to be some poor man's tim burton looking game and a platformer when it should be a p&c adventure game. everything that has to do with its gameplay is exactly what you imagine ratchet to be: mediocre. at best.

and no one said r&c is some amazing pure platformer. the difference is it doesnt lean into platforming and has good gameplay to back up the visuals. meanwhile psychonuats forces you to engage in terrible platforming and combat and endless trash collectibles. its all style and no substance.

2 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

yeah instead psychonauts is trying to be some poor man's tim burton looking game and a platformer when it should be a p&c adventure game. everything that has to do with its gameplay is exactly what you imagine ratchet to be: mediocre. at best.

and no one said r&c is some amazing pure platformer. the difference is it doesnt lean into platforming and has good gameplay to back up the visuals. meanwhile psychonuats forces you to engage in terrible platforming and combat and endless trash collectibles. its all style and no substance.

Yeah because Ratshit games are known for having a lot of substance. :roll:

Look mommy, this gun makes the enemies dance when I shoot them!

Good gameplay he said.  :RISITAS:

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Yeah because Ratshit games are known for having a lot of substance. :roll:

Look mommy, this gun makes the enemies dance when I shoot them!

Good gameplay he said.  :RISITAS:

dude, you havent played ratchet and just started psychonauts 1 yesterday.

why do you think your opinion matters :jordan3:

19 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

dude, you havent played ratchet and just started psychonauts 1 yesterday.

why do you think your opinion matters :jordan3:

And you have played Psychonauts 2? lol

i'll play P2 and weigh in. i think comparing the two is kind of silly, though, since RC is more of an action-adventure game, while P2 is a platforming adventure title. Both have completely different tones, as well. not everyone likes RC's pixar-like visuals/story and not everyone cares for P's brand of quirkiness.