ALAN WAKE(tm) Remastered comes HOME to the PlayStation(R) 4 and 5 - October 5th 2021

finished the base game, man this game sucks so much, the story goes nowhere and it's just the same type of enemy over and over.... I read the two dlc episodes finish the story :D 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
13 hours ago, Body Count said:

yeah, nobody cares your opinion PC gamer trash

you are playing old 360 version from a decade+ ago

we're talking the real new experience first class PS5 edition

PS gamers are in for a treat - fantastic game and another single player horror juggernaut. must own

They will do what? Upgrade the graphics? wow, the game will still have a "pseudo" story that goes nowhere and shitty, repetitive gameplay.

Gonna finish the two dlcs episodes now and hope they at least made some effort with a proper ending. 

I took this from GAF..

Apparently:

• Alan Wake Remastered will use the Northlight Engine by Remedy Entertainment, previously used in Control.
  • The game supports ray-tracing for reflections on PS5, Xbox Series, and PC, but not on last-generation consoles.
  • There is no Nintendo Switch version. While we haven’t heard from our source about it, maybe a Cloud version can happen like Control.
  • Last-generation consoles will benefit from higher resolution and QoL changes but no ray-tracing.
  • The remaster will support 60 FPS.

Nothing really surprising there.. pretty much exactly as expected.  It would be a lot nicer if the game had RTGI though... but that's probably too much to ask for with the consoles. 😕 

I mean the game could definitely improve with better shadows and lighting graphics because of its gimmick. I can't believe I even say that.

But instead of "remastering" it they should "remake" it at best and make it a good game with an actual story this time. :D  

Edited by kaz
1 minute ago, kaz said:

I mean the game could definitely improve with better shadows and lighting graphics because of its gimmick. I can't believe I even say that.

But instead of "remastering" it they should "remake" it at best and make it a good game with an actual story this time. :D  

If it's on a new engine there's a chance they've done a bit more than just higher resolution and textures.

The story likely isn't going to change though :D 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, kaz said:

They will do what? Upgrade the graphics? wow, the game will still have a "pseudo" story that goes nowhere and shitty, repetitive gameplay.

Gonna finish the two dlcs episodes now and hope they at least made some effort with a proper ending. 

look at remij's post

you HBR

• Confused 1

would like to personally call on MicroDick to relinquish the rights to Lost Odyssey just as they did with alan wake, and allow the proper developers to obtain the IP cost free. This is my demand to Phraud Spencer, throw away the rights for this monumental JRPG freeing it from the Xflop's shackles. Alan Wake is rightfully given a second chance to shine on PlayStation and Lost Odyssey should be too.

This is the right thing to do Fraud Spencer. Free it, and Quantum Break, and every other game you have held hostage in the confines of your failed brand. You know you will never do anything with the Ip. All it took was one year for remedy to retain the rights to Alan Wake, and suddenly here we go, a new project emerges.

and lastly: Damn you, damn you Phil Spencer for letting these world class titles rot under your failed leadership.

thankfully sunset overdrive was freed in the insomniac aquisition. I am 100% certain the IP will live on Playstation, with alan wake.

No it's Lost Odyssey's turn, you filthy bastard.

lost-odyssey-2.jpg

#FREELOSTODYSSEY #SHACKLES OF XFLOP

CAVIA, FEEL+, MISTWALKER whoever can make it happen. tweet sakaguchi, tweet phil, anything to unshackle this game from xbox.
Edited by Body Count
  • Confused 1