N64 Emulation on Switch is a disaster

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Well, they should run as intended. So, if the games continue to not play well, people should get refunds.

But........you're pretty much proving my point with the pricing.

$80 for the cartridge, with the box and packaging.

$3.99 for a full month digital rental of MULTIPLE N64 games.

So, in reality each game is less than a buck a month. There's 9 games immediately available for $3.99, so thats 44 cents a month?

There's 7 more games coming, so 16 games for $3.99, so thats 25 cents per each game, per month.

And that's not counting the SEGA Genesis games, and the NES and SNES games. That's if the entire $50/year subscription were for just 16 Nintendo64 games.

Explain to me how this is wildly unfair, economically?

I am not complaining about the price, but rather about the fact that those 20 year old games are not running the way they should on a far superior hardware.

That's my point.

In reality, they should run flawlessly.

Rushing N64 roms is beyond laziness and especially when they are increasing the price more than 100% than its original value.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, MalaXmaS said:

I am not complaining about the price, but rather about the fact that those 20 year old games are not running the way they should on a far superior hardware.

That's my point.

In reality, they should run flawlessly.

Rushing N64 roms is beyond laziness and especially when they are increasing the price more than 100% than its original value.

Absolutely they should run flawlessly.

People should expect Nintendo to have the best possible emulator running on their hardware.

You almost never brought up the issue of how the emulator actually performs until you're previous post.

If they don't fix the emulator, people should absolutely demand refunds and pay for that upper tier service at all.