N64 Emulation on Switch is a disaster

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-64-online-apps-problems-input-lag-controller-layout-angering-expansion-pass-customers.505554/

Input lag ranging from "slightly noticeable" to "I can't play Mario 64 or Mario Kart 64 like this".

Bizarre button layout that essentially reverses the placement of A and B, and has weird C-Button placement above them.

Framerate issues and more input lag hindering games like Yoshi's Island and Star Fox 64.

Sound delay in addition to input lag, most reports of this happening are related to Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64.

Texture issues in Mario Kart 64

Controller Pack error in certain games (Winback, Mario Kart 64) since they didn't emulate any version of it.

Music issues where the tracks sound sped up or garbled

56EE6F02-57E2-427C-861C-04560B6C6983.jpeg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, lostfool said:

Of course the thieves are here.  Hypocrite

“Thieves” oh fucking please.

Fuck these crooks. $50 for n64 roms, $50 per controller, not to mention most of us have bought these before. People bought mario kart on the n64, the wii virtual console, paid to “upgrade” to the wii u virtual console version and now Crooktendo wants them to pay a fourth fucking time. Even Microsoft, even fucking MICROSOFT one of the greediest corporations on Earth lets you play your old games because unlike Nintendo they had the foresight to make a competent online network.

They charged the most out of anyone for the old ports back in the wii days and you know what? Mario Kart 64 on the Wii was a fucking broken unplayable port. Absolute dogshit but no refunds for a broken game after charging you £10 for a broken old rom dump.

Now to top it off they want you to pay a premium subscription to play games you’ve bought from them at least 3 fucking times already. Except they can’t even get that right because input lag, and once again for the third time they trickle the games out in slow release waves.

The only thieves here are Nintendo themselves. Fuck them, I’ll steal everything from them. I got retropie and I’ve loaded it with old Nintendo games and you know what? I’m not sat there waiting on games to be released, waiting and praying Nintendo will finally put out the one I want even though they own the damn game and could release it at any point. I also have the obscure shit that will never be put out on their console. Fuck them I’m done paying Nintendo for old games. You don’t own these either so they’ll want you to pay again next-gen, and they wonder why people thrn to online roms. I bought a lot of segas games on steam because sega understands value better.

20 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

“Thieves” oh fucking please.

Fuck these crooks. $50 for n64 roms, $50 per controller, not to mention most of us have bought these before. People bought mario kart on the n64, the wii virtual console, paid to “upgrade” to the wii u virtual console version and now Crooktendo wants them to pay a fourth fucking time. Even Microsoft, even fucking MICROSOFT one of the greediest corporations on Earth lets you play your old games because unlike Nintendo they had the foresight to make a competent online network.

They charged the most out of anyone for the old ports back in the wii days and you know what? Mario Kart 64 on the Wii was a fucking broken unplayable port. Absolute dogshit but no refunds for a broken game after charging you £10 for a broken old rom dump.

Now to top it off they want you to pay a premium subscription to play games you’ve bought from them at least 3 fucking times already. Except they can’t even get that right because input lag, and once again for the third time they trickle the games out in slow release waves.

The only thieves here are Nintendo themselves. Fuck them, I’ll steal everything from them. I got retropie and I’ve loaded it with old Nintendo games and you know what? I’m not sat there waiting on games to be released, waiting and praying Nintendo will finally put out the one I want even though they own the damn game and could release it at any point. I also have the obscure shit that will never be put out on their console. Fuck them I’m done paying Nintendo for old games. You don’t own these either so they’ll want you to pay again next-gen, and they wonder why people thrn to online roms. I bought a lot of segas games on steam because sega understands value better.

That's a wall of text trying to justify piracy.  

1 minute ago, TLHBO said:

And your posts are short and dumb attempts at dismissing corporate greed and consumer exploitation.

That's not an example of consumer exploitation.  Consumer exploitation would be like what EA does