N64 Emulation on Switch is a disaster

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, lostfool said:

That's not an example of consumer exploitation.  Consumer exploitation would be like what EA does

Why do sheep see it in every other company but not Nintendo? EA at least implemented refunds. Nintendo was caught in a huge fucking price fixing scandal ffs.

You have Stockholm syndrome.

1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

Why do sheep see it in every other company but not Nintendo? EA at least implemented refunds. Nintendo was caught in a huge fucking price fixing scandal ffs.

You have Stockholm syndrome.

Let's not forget that these faggots also never reduce the price of their games. 

1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

Selling the same games for a premium is not consumer exploitation? :drake:

No.

Did Nintendo somehow magically steal your previous copy of the game?

16 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Let's not forget that these faggots also never reduce the price of their games. 

.....because they're good.

I mean, by that logic.........its unfair that Francis Ford Coppolla re-releases new versions of The Godfather and Apocalypse Now to movie theaters and they charge you the price of any regular movie ticket.

People will pay that because.......its the Godfather and Apocalypse Now.

No one is going to give a shit about a remaster of Forza Horizon 2.:drake:

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

What does that have to do with selling the same games at a premium? :drake: 

I'm pretty sure that Ocarina of Time sold at $60-$80 originally.

So did other N64 games.

And $30 for a year for all of those games...........if my math checks correctly...........is less than $60 for just one of those games.

Its less than the Wii Virtual Console prices of $10 per each N64 game.

So......its less than the prices from 20 years ago. And its less than the prices from 10 years ago. Correct?

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I'm pretty sure that Ocarina of Time sold at $60-$80 originally.

So did other N64 games.

And $30 for a year for all of those games...........if my math checks correctly...........is less than $60 for just one of those games.

Its less than the Wii Virtual Console prices of $10 per each N64 game.

So......its less than the prices from 20 years ago. And its less than the prices from 10 years ago. Correct?

Yeah but that was over 20 years ago.

1 minute ago, MalaXmaS said:

Yeah but that was over 20 years ago.

...and?

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

If I want to read a classic American novel that is highly recommended by everyone.....should I walk into a book store and say "well.........its an old book, so.uh.........just GIVE it to me?"

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

...and?

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

If I want to read a classic American novel that is highly recommended by everyone.....should I walk into a book store and say "well.........its an old book, so.uh.........just GIVE it to me?"

A book that was $25 about 20 years ago you can find for less than $10.

Nintendo needs to get over themselves and realize their games are not works of art or literature.

And the ones to blame are their fanbase who started to create a market with bloated prices for old games.

The videogame market is not like the art world. They are media that its only true purpose is to be consumed not gawked at.

Just now, MalaXmaS said:

A book that was $25 about 20 years ago you can find for less than $10.

Nintendo needs to get over themselves and realize their games are not works of art or literature.

And the ones to blame are their fanbase who started to create a market with bloated prices for old games.

The videogame market is not like the art world. They are media that its only true purpose is to be consumed not gawked at.

Sure, if its used.

not if its being sold as a new product.

And guess what...........Ocarina of Time cost $80 20 years ago.

Now it cost you $3.99 to play it for a month.

They did get over themselves......and are selling you the right to play the game at a fair price.

If you want, you can buy a NEW COPY of Ocarina of Time with IMPROVEMENTS AND UPGRADES, for about $15 on the 3DS.

Video games are worth money.

They don't suddenly become de-valued after X amount of years. it still operates on free market principles. If its good, people will want it, and it therefore carries value.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Then you shouldn't wasting what little money you have on video games, and focus on more important things in life,  if you can't handle those prices.

I can't handle poor quality services bundled with poor quality emulation. :bate: 

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Sure, if its used.

not if its being sold as a new product.

And guess what...........Ocarina of Time cost $80 20 years ago.

Now it cost you $3.99 to play it for a month.

They did get over themselves......and are selling you the right to play the game at a fair price.

If you want, you can buy a NEW COPY of Ocarina of Time with IMPROVEMENTS AND UPGRADES, for about $15 on the 3DS.

Video games are worth money.

They don't suddenly become de-valued after X amount of years. it still operates on free market principles. If its good, people will want it, and it therefore carries value.

Yeah but Nintendo is not selling you the original package complete with the box and cart for $3.99

They are selling you the license to play the digital version which runs worse than the original and in an era which there are far better looking and playable games.

5 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Yeah but Nintendo is not selling you the original package complete with the box and cart for $3.99

They are selling you the license to play the digital version which runs worse than the original and in an era which there are far better looking and playable games.

Well, they should run as intended. So, if the games continue to not play well, people should get refunds.

But........you're pretty much proving my point with the pricing.

$80 for the cartridge, with the box and packaging.

$3.99 for a full month digital rental of MULTIPLE N64 games.

So, in reality each game is less than a buck a month. There's 9 games immediately available for $3.99, so thats 44 cents a month?

There's 7 more games coming, so 16 games for $3.99, so thats 25 cents per each game, per month.

And that's not counting the SEGA Genesis games, and the NES and SNES games. That's if the entire $50/year subscription were for just 16 Nintendo64 games.

Explain to me how this is wildly unfair, economically?

Edited by jehurey

Sheep are actually defending this :drake:

The analogy to movies like The Godfather is a good onebecuse that’s exactly how Nintendo sees their games, as classics they can re-release for a premium like The Godfather or Disney’s various re-releases.

Except those movies have fared much better than dated pieces of shit like Urban Champ, Nintendo Hockey, or even Metroid and the NES Zelda games.

Their SNES games fare much better but Nintendo massively overestimates the value of their ancient games. Imagine if Atari tried charging Nintendo’s bullshit prices for Pong or Pitfall. Sega handles it better too, their old games are good but they aren’t system sellers anymore. Videogames and movies don’t age the same way.

The worst part is how they want you to buy them every gen. If you bought a DVD movie you could still watch it on Blu-ray. Microsoft has games tied to accounts across generations providing the games are backwards comptible. Nintendo had people buy in with wii, pay for an upgrade with wii u, and now its a rental service. 

12 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Sheep are actually defending this :drake:

The analogy to movies like The Godfather is a good onebecuse that’s exactly how Nintendo sees their games, as classics they can re-release for a premium like The Godfather or Disney’s various re-releases.

Except those movies have fared much better than dated pieces of shit like Urban Champ, Nintendo Hockey

Urban Champ or Nintendo Hockey aren't these N64 games.

Those games are on an even cheaper tier. And they are part of much larger libraries in which they charge less money.