Switch is now at 92.87 Million, on pace to surpass 100 million by Dec 31st.

Dat cliff is fast approaching :dame:

Nintendo sold 8.3 million Switch hardware units in the past six months ended September 30, the Japanese company reported today.

Nintendo Switch units are closing in the big 100 million number, as Switch sales have now topped 92.87 million sold to date, with 681 million software copies sold

https://venturebeat.com/2021/11/04/nintendo-sells-8-3m-switch-units-in-six-months-ended-september-30/

Edited by Goukosan
  • Goukosan changed the title to Switch is now at 92.87 Million, on pace to surpass 100 million by Dec 31st.

100 million units sold in under 5 years.

God-damn.

Cows are lucky that the Switch didn't launch 6 months earlier or it would've straight-up whooped PS4's ass. We'd be talking about the Switch just having surpassed the PS4 right about now.

Instead that will probably happen a year from now.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

God-damn.

Cows are lucky that the Switch didn't launch 6 months earlier or it would've straight-up whooped PS4's ass. We'd be talking about the Switch just having surpassed the PS4 right about now.

The cliff is coming :dame:

53 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Had my current switch day one sonny :banderoos:

day one when you bought it in 2019:kaz:

LOL, been caught lying plenty of times, and doesn't even have his own Xbox gaming profile that's his own.

22 hours ago, -GD-X said:

damn, in just under 5 years. crazy!

Nintendo gets these weird commercially successful consoles every few gens. My gf's mother just bought her 3rd switch. It's exactly like the Wii days when only  people who usually don't buy gaming consoles buys a Nintendo console and it's like for one game. 

20 hours ago, jehurey said:

God-damn.

Lol and Nintendo is lucky that covid happened and for some reason animal crossing became one of the big social games of the pandemic. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lol and Nintendo is lucky that covid happened and for some reason animal crossing became one of the big social games of the pandemic. 

They got lucky that animal crossing itself blew up really big during the pandemic.  It was going to be huge anyway...but the pandemic made it AC a monster. 

Remember...  Switch itself was just as big before the pandemic as it was during the pandemic and now even after we're no longer all quarantined. 

The pandemic itself caused tons of chip shortages that forced them to reduce hardware shipments both last year and this year (and they still broke records) as well delay a bunch of software into 2022.

If the switch wasn't already selling at this same pace before the pandemic you would have a point. 

Edited by Goukosan
2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

They got lucky that animal crossing itself blew up really big during the pandemic.  It was going to be huge anyway...but the pandemic made it AC a monster. 

Remember...  Switch itself was just as big before the pandemic as it was during the pandemic and now even after we're no longer all quarantined. 

The pandemic itself caused tons of chip shortages that forced them to reduce hardware shipments both last year and this year (and they still broke records) as well delay a bunch of software into 2022.

If the switch wasn't already selling at this same pace before the pandemic you would have a point. 

In general combining the sales of their mobile devices and home consoles is why Switch is doing so well. The one constant of the past 20 years is Nintendo handhelds sell ridiculously well and are beloved. I still see GBAs in wild. 

Just now, Mr. Impossible said:

In general combining the sales of their mobile devices and home consoles is why Switch is doing so well. The one constant of the past 20 years is Nintendo handhelds sell ridiculously well and are beloved. I still see GBAs in wild. 

i wish i still had my black lite. i loved that system. though, DS is GOAT.

34 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Yes the Switch is popular because it's a hybrid. It consolidated their console and handheld resources all into one that was the entire point of the system. 

It's going to outsell all of Nintendo's handheld + console for any of the previous gens save for the Wii + DS.