Matrix Awakens full gameplay

2 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Fence is actual geometry. That's insane fencelek5o.jpg

For something that is a 1080p reconstruction, it looks really good when you zoom in on things with a 4K television.

I flew to a building that had a whole line of pillars, that are each shaped like a vase, and as I got up close to it, there is no polygonal angles to this, its just super smooth curves.

Look at the top of the fence, the way the wires are tied around each other. They're not repeating patterns.

48 minutes ago, jehurey said:

For something that is a 1080p reconstruction, it looks really good when you zoom in on things with a 4K television.

I flew to a building that had a whole line of pillars, that are each shaped like a vase, and as I got up close to it, there is no polygonal angles to this, its just super smooth curves.

Look at the top of the fence, the way the wires are tied around each other. They're not repeating patterns.

When I first walked by a fense I was like wtf no way?   I literally spent at least 30 min inspecting it and there was not a single repeating anything. All unique in it's imperfections like a real fucking fense.    

5 hours ago, lostfool said:

When I first walked by a fense I was like wtf no way?   I literally spent at least 30 min inspecting it and there was not a single repeating anything. All unique in it's imperfections like a real fucking fense.    

Maybe the fence spent 30 minutes inspecting you :whoo:

Chain link fences are actually not that hard to model. You use Beziar Curves to create the cylindrical wires and then you just wrap them around a few times, before using arrays to 'clone'  the pattern for the entire fence. However in this case it seems that someone went in and manipulated the mesh little by little to add the imperfections and make sure no part looked the same to the naked eye. Thats definitely not something that resources would be put into in a normal game.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Chain link fences are actually not that hard to model. You use Beziar Curves to create the cylindrical wires and then you just wrap them around a few times, before using arrays to 'clone'  the pattern for the entire fence. However in this case it seems that someone went in and manipulated the mesh little by little to add the imperfections and make sure no part looked the same to the naked eye. Thats definitely not something that resources would be put into in a normal game.

If it is not that hard why is it that no game ever had a chain link fense that was actual geometry?  They are always some flat texture.

1 hour ago, lostfool said:

If it is not that hard why is it that no game ever had a chain link fense that was actual geometry?  They are always some flat texture.

There are plenty of games where the fences are geometry. I was just playing BF2042 and all the fences in it are destructible, and you can also shoot through them at enemies on the other side.

The difference here is that because of UE5's nanite tech they can have more higher poly meshes with less of an impact on performance.