So….where the fuck is Fable 4?

We’ll probably see something at E3.  After delivering yet another masterpiece in Forza Horizon 5, Playground should be given the benefit of the doubt, even in a completely different genre like Fable. They’re one of the best studios in the industry. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Give it time, it was revealed too early probably. Every time a game is revealed with just the logo, prepare to wait years. But I have no doubt it will deliver. Couldn't be with a better team at MS. 

I’m not even a Fable fan, but Playground Games are amazing!

On 2021-12-21 at 6:24 AM, -GD-X said:

I’m not even a Fable fan, but Playground Games are amazing!

Yeah but tbh a racing game developer suddenly making a RPG is a big change and at this point I’m not convinced they can pull it off. Horizon 5 in particular has some pretty dry writing that might be fine for a game of its type, but not for a RPG. I’m hoping they at least hired new writers for Fable.

26 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah but tbh a racing game developer suddenly making a RPG is a big change and at this point I’m not convinced they can pull it off. Horizon 5 in particular has some pretty dry writing that might be fine for a game of its type, but not for a RPG. I’m hoping they at least hired new writers for Fable.

No doubt, but I’m thinking about it from a tech level. I’m sure they’ll hire good writers. 

10 hours ago, Twinblade said:

They're gonna be like Guerilla and do an epic genre jump. Forza Horizon 5 writing is meant to be for a arcade racer, don't equate that to the type of writing that would be part of Fable.