Apple has ~50% market share of US smartphones, smartwatches, tablets, headphones, and makes more money in gaming than Sony, MS, Nintendo, and Activision combined

• Tears of the Cows changed the title to Apple has 50% market share of US smartphones, tablets, headphones, and makes more money in gaming than Sony, MS, Nintendo, and Activision combined

It's impressive they can say that.  That's what happens when you sell things overpriced, and charge a fee for literally every transaction that happens on ever device.

Personally I don't give a single fuck though.  They make no devices I want, nor games I want.

But if they actually got serious, made a killer console with their own chip, and built big studios to make AAA games for it... then I'd perhaps be interested.

15 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's impressive they can say that.  That's what happens when you sell things overpriced, and charge a fee for literally every transaction that happens on ever device.

Personally I don't give a single fuck though.  They make no devices I want, nor games I want.

But if they actually got serious, made a killer console with their own chip, and built big studios to make AAA games for it... then I'd perhaps be interested.

I wouldn’t say many things are overpriced. iPhones are cutting edge, along with their other devices. The gaming tho… sheeeesh. That’s just the 30% cut I assume. 

idk how interested I’d be in apples vision of hardware and games to go with it, tbh. 

Edited by ghostz
1 minute ago, ghostz said:

I wouldn’t say many things are overpriced. iPhones are cutting edge, along with their other devices. The gaming tho… sheeeesh. That’s just the 30% cut I assume. 

idk how interested I’d be in apples vision of hardware and games to go with it, tbh. 

I think their devices are over priced.  The Phones are alright, but Macs and their Laptops and shit... it's crazy expensive for what you get imo.

But I mean, they charge what people will pay.. so it is what it is.  It's crazy that a company that doesn't even realistically put any effort into gaming, is actually dominating it.  It's impressive... but it also shows that there's plenty of room for the others to grow.  This is why it's so important for companies like MS and Sony to expand beyond the console and into other markets around the world.

But yea, I agree... I know as it is right now, I probably wouldn't like Apple's idea of gaming... but I was just saying, if they threw down their gauntlet.. with the same mentality Sony has for creating AAA games... they'd be a force I tell you.

Just now, Remij said:

I think their devices are over priced.  The Phones are alright, but Macs and their Laptops and shit... it's crazy expensive for what you get imo.

But I mean, they charge what people will pay.. so it is what it is.  It's crazy that a company that doesn't even realistically put any effort into gaming, is actually dominating it.  It's impressive... but it also shows that there's plenty of room for the others to grow.  This is why it's so important for companies like MS and Sony to expand beyond the console and into other markets around the world.

But yea, I agree... I know as it is right now, I probably wouldn't like Apple's idea of gaming... but I was just saying, if they threw down their gauntlet.. with the same mentality Sony has for creating AAA games... they'd be a force I tell you.

The M1 chips in the new laptops are pretty insane bro. My air doesn’t even have a fan in it. It’s always cold to touch. It’s impressive, I’m not sure you’ll find anything out there that describes it as other than. 

what it does suck at is gaming. No doubt about that. But MacOS is smoother than windows at every turn otherwise. 

anyway let’s not turn this into a Jerry go round because he’s already lurking im sure. I’m just honestly curious how the title is a legal statement in 2022. 

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Apple generates as much money in gaming as Nintendo only... Not all three combined doofus. 

Not only did he combined the three main players he also added Activision for some reason. I knew something was wrong. lol

Shitty company, shitty products and shitty mobile games. The trifecta of trash. 

4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Not only did he combined the three main players he also added Activision for some reason. I knew something was wrong. lol

Not only that...  Ghostz information is based on fuzzy math to guesstimate the operating profit in 2019 for Apple in gaming based on the leaked revenue from the trail. 

We're in 2022 three years later, those numbers are outdated.   And based on the data now Apple generates through gaming as much as Nintendo does.... Not all three combined. 

48 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Apple generates as much money in gaming as Nintendo only... Not all three combined doofus. 

41 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Why are you boys citing … Twitter. 
https://www.ign.com/articles/apple-made-more-than-nintendo-sony-xbox?amp=1

:D 

Edited by ghostz
  • Tears of the Cows changed the title to Apple has ~50% market share of US smartphones, smartwatches, tablets, headphones, and makes more money in gaming than Sony, MS, Nintendo, and Activision combined
37 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Not only that...  Ghostz information is based on fuzzy math to guesstimate the operating profit in 2019 for Apple in gaming based on the leaked revenue from the trail. 

We're in 2022 three years later, those numbers are outdated.   And based on the data now Apple generates through gaming as much as Nintendo does.... Not all three combined. 

You’re basing yours off Twitter :tom:

iPhones have only got more popular since 2019. This data is only there due the the trial. Apples lead is only growing. 

tell me Gouk, what was fuzzy about the math? Wall Street doesn’t seem to think it’s fuzzy. 

Edited by ghostz
12 minutes ago, ghostz said:

You’re basing yours off Twitter :tom:

iPhones have only got more popular since 2019. This data is only there due the the trial. Apples lead is only growing. 

tell me Gouk, what was fuzzy about the math? Wall Street doesn’t seem to think it’s fuzzy. 

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-10-04-apple-estimated-to-earn-more-from-gaming-than-sony-microsoft-and-nintendo

according to a Wall Street Journal analysis, which explored the profitability of the iOS App Store and gaming's contributions towards that.

The article cites Sensor Tower estimates that Apple received $15.9 billion from the App Store during the company's fiscal 2019 (October 2018 to September 2019).

Based on Apple's operating margin calculations, which were revealed during the Epic vs Apple trial earlier this year, the operating profit for the App Store was $12.3 billion that year -- accounting for almost a fifth of the company's overall profit.

Sensor Tower estimates that 69% of those revenues (just shy of $11 billion) came from gaming.

Its getting real fuzzy in here ghostz :sabu:

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Goukosan said:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-10-04-apple-estimated-to-earn-more-from-gaming-than-sony-microsoft-and-nintendo

according to a Wall Street Journal analysis, which explored the profitability of the iOS App Store and gaming's contributions towards that.

The article cites Sensor Tower estimates that Apple received $15.9 billion from the App Store during the company's fiscal 2019 (October 2018 to September 2019).

Based on Apple's operating margin calculations, which were revealed during the Epic vs Apple trial earlier this year, the operating profit for the App Store was $12.3 billion that year -- accounting for almost a fifth of the company's overall profit.

Sensor Tower estimates that 69% of those revenues (just shy of $11 billion) came from gaming.

Its getting real fuzzy in here ghostz :sabu:

Twitter > Wall Street - Gouk :lemming:

niko partners (Asian company) knows more than sensor tower - Gouk :lemming:

you got fucked, son. Niko partners works with Sensor from time to time, so they obviously believe their “fuzzy math” adds up. 

glad you recognize android and Samsung stand no chance, though. 

Edited by ghostz
4 hours ago, ghostz said:

Twitter > Wall Street - Gouk :lemming:

niko partners (Asian company) knows more than sensor tower - Gouk :lemming:

you got fucked, son. Niko partners works with Sensor from time to time, so they obviously believe their “fuzzy math” adds up. 

glad you recognize android and Samsung stand no chance, though. 

Daniel has access to the data,  for 2021 Apple in gaming made as much a Nintendo. 

Your fuzzy math is for 2019, 3 years ago :sabu:

38 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Daniel has access to the data,  for 2021 Apple in gaming made as much a Nintendo. 

Your fuzzy math is for 2019, 3 years ago :sabu:

Sorry, not gonna believe some dweeb from Twitter who works for some Asian company that references sensor tower all the time :tom: