Triangle Strategy reviews coming in - 84 at MC

43 minutes ago, Delita said:

Oh bull shit. :biggrin:

I’ve read and seen enough as well as played the demos extensively to know it’s not on the same level of FFT/ Tactics ogre. 

I think it’s likely a decent clone but nothing more. Whoever said that clearly doesent know shit about SRPGS

Everyone says the demos cover the slowest portions of the game and it picks up quite a bit later on. I do agree that the story and characters initially leave something to be desired.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did. I don't like it as much as octopath

It justice doesn't draw me in. The voice acting is kind of annoying. I'm sure it's a fine game but the style just feels worn out now. Once was enough 

i just did specify it. and technically i compared this more to tactics advance on gba, which i also played a similar amount (~5 hours) before turning it off and selling it.

3 hours ago, Delita said:

And that’s a big reason why the FFT comparison is laughable. Just play the demo and get a glimpse of how awful the characters are

the main couple makes tidus and yuna look like a wellspring of charisma and vibrancy. anyone comparing this to FFT  probably meant tactics advance on gba.

Im about 10 hours in. The demo is not at all a good representation of the full game. The gameplay becomes deeper but more importantly the story and characters pick up dramatically. At first I just wanted the story scenes to end so I could get to the next battle, but now everything is better paced and just more engaging overall. A surprising amount of exciting stuff starts happening right after the demo ends.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Im about 10 hours in. The demo is not at all a good representation of the full game. The gameplay becomes deeper but more importantly the story and characters pick up dramatically. At first I just wanted the story scenes to end so I could get to the next battle, but now everything is better paced and just more engaging overall. A surprising amount of exciting stuff starts happening right after the demo ends.

It was a gameplay demo, not a story demo. 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

It was a gameplay demo, not a story demo. 

Doesn't matter, it covers the first 4-5 hours of the game which don't leave a great first impression story wise. they should have chosen a different part of the game.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

So in other words your opinion is pretty baseless :trump2: After 10 hours with the full game I am definitely inclined to agree with the FFT comparisons.

i played the demo and gave my opinion of the demo. not sure how thats baseless when i never said i played the full game.

1 minute ago, Quad Damage said:

i played the demo and gave my opinion of the demo. not sure how thats baseless when i never said i played the full game.

anyone comparing this to FFT  probably meant tactics advance on gba.

You compared it with the full game of FFT

16 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

because FFT's story, characters, tone, and music, gripped me from the opening.

Then you should have specified that. Both you and Dili made it sound like you were comparing the demo/s to the full game of FFT.

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Then you should have specified that. Both you and Dili made it sound like you were comparing the demo/s to the full game of FFT.

i just did specify it. and technically i compared this more to tactics advance on gba, which i also played a similar amount (~5 hours) before turning it off and selling it.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Doesn't matter, it covers the first 4-5 hours of the game which don't leave a great first impression story wise. they should have chosen a different part of the game.

It's a demo to showcase the gameplay.  Why do you always expect a demo to cover the story beats that will be in the main game? 

You're doing the samething you're accusing Quad of doing. 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

It's a demo to showcase the gameplay.  Why do you always expect a demo to cover the story beats that will be in the main game? 

You're doing the samething you're accusing Quad of doing. 

When was the last time a 4-5 hour demo was meant to showcase just gameplay? If that was the case it would be mostly battles and would be 1-2 hours long at most. They clearly want to give people an idea of what the story is, but the problem is that the opening hours are the weakest story wise.

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

When was the last time a 4-5 hour demo was meant to showcase just gameplay? If that was the case it would be mostly battles and would be 1-2 hours long at most. They clearly want to give people an idea of what the story is, but the problem is that the opening hours are the weakest story wise.

If they wanted to give people an idea of the story they would have done so with the 3 to 4 different prologs and demos that this game has had so far. 

12 hours ago, Goukosan said:

If they wanted to give people an idea of the story they would have done so with the 3 to 4 different prologs and demos that this game has had so far. 

I'm pretty sure they want to give people an idea of the story with their demo....  You're the only person I've heard refer to this as a specifically "gameplay" oriented demo.  I mean... all of your progress carries over if you buy the game.  It's meant to start gamers off on their "Triangle Strategy" journey...

35 minutes ago, Remij said:

I'm pretty sure they want to give people an idea of the story with their demo....  You're the only person I've heard refer to this as a specifically "gameplay" oriented demo.  I mean... all of your progress carries over if you buy the game.  It's meant to start gamers off on their "Triangle Strategy" journey...

There is story in the demo, but that wasn't that focus of the demo. Twinblade always expect the demo to give you the full story beats, or show you all the gameplay mechanics. 

A demo is always a small slice of thr game. And 10 out of 10 times it's more gameplay focused than story focused. 

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

There is story in the demo, but that wasn't that focus of the demo. Twinblade always expect the demo to give you the full story beats, or show you all the gameplay mechanics. 

A demo is always a small slice of thr game. And 10 out of 10 times it's more gameplay focused than story focused. 

I agree with you in a general sense.. but, correct me if I'm wrong here as I don't know a single thing about the Triangle Strategy demo... but isn't it just the starting hours of the game?

It doesn't seem like they went out of their way to select a particularly special section of the game to catch people's attention..   The problem with that however, is that the beginning of the game SHOULD be something that catches a person's attention and draw them into the story.

Of course some games take time to build up and get going.. so that's always a thing to consider.  Anyway, Twinky likes it after playing more of it.. and all's well that ends well.

Edited by Remij